Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-04-2021, 11:22 AM   #646
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by psbernitz View Post
Could you please tell me your findings with both the libra 2 and Sage?
I don't have a Libra 2 - my Libra is the earlier model, called the Libra H20
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:22 PM   #647
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FWIW, I don't expect any particular difference on that front on the Libra 2: it's essentially still a Clara/Libra/Forma, unlike the Sage (which is just an Elipsa in disguise, albeit with half the RAM :/).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2021, 08:47 PM   #648
slaviksd2
slaviksd2 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma, sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
That's definitely not normal. Do you know how to connect over SSH to take a look at top? Or more basic, have you tried fully restarting the device?
reinstalled twice, restart a few times, the same result (wifi, light, bt was off)
sorry don't know what is SSH
slaviksd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:33 AM   #649
BenSF
BenSF began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th generation)
First of all I would like to thank you for these awesome scripts.

I have one question. I initially only installed KOReader using your one click script some time ago.
I would like to also install Plato to try it out, without loosing my KOReader configuration.
For that, can I simply run the Plato script? Or will it affect my KOReader installation?
BenSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:48 AM   #650
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, you can install any of them in any order, that will never affect your settings.
Advert
Old 11-08-2021, 12:54 AM   #651
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur
CalbertAmu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hello. I did a factory reset to my kobo which had KSM + koreader, to replace it with your oneclick package.

Everything went smoothly. I made a backup of the old koreader. I copied back fonts, dictionaries, defaults.lua, and settings.reader.lua

Thank you

Last edited by CalbertAmu; 11-08-2021 at 02:59 AM. Reason: correction
CalbertAmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 02:55 AM   #652
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalbertAmu View Post
EDIT: It worked. Only, I added this
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!kobo|adobe).*?
after it finished indexing.

Problem now is that it crashes every time I try to bring down the menu. I will try to do a fresh install by doing a factory reset
Don't! Just reinstall KOReader. The previously indexed files were removed when you added that. (Quite an odd decision imo, but that's what the system does unfortunately.)
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:00 AM   #653
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur
CalbertAmu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Don't! Just reinstall KOReader. The previously indexed files were removed when you added that. (Quite an odd decision imo, but that's what the system does unfortunately.)
Ah, I already did it. thank you tho.
CalbertAmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:27 PM   #654
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasius View Post
I haven't been keeping up with the thread, but I'm on the fence about a Libra 2, does this install on a Libra 2 yet?

If so, do the buttons work in KO Reader?
They both install on Libra 2. However, koreader immediately crashes and reboots on opening. Plato is working
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:52 PM   #655
jasius
Connoisseur
jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
They both install on Libra 2. However, koreader immediately crashes and reboots on opening. Plato is working
Even the KO Reader nightlies crash on Libra 2?

I could have sworn people with Libra 2s were saying the nightlies have been great on the device?!?

Last edited by jasius; 11-16-2021 at 11:13 PM.
jasius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 06:49 AM   #656
NiLuJe
BLAM!

They do work, but this installs the stable . Next release should be out any day now .
Old 11-18-2021, 08:24 AM   #657
FireFrog
Enthusiast
FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle 2019, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasius View Post
Even the KO Reader nightlies crash on Libra 2?

I could have sworn people with Libra 2s were saying the nightlies have been great on the device?!?
Yeah, I've seen some people have success using the 11/11 nightly build. But it keeps crashing on mine. Sometimes it works before it crashes and other times, it crashes on launch. So I'm waiting for the stable release.
FireFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:05 AM   #658
NiLuJe
BLAM!

If it actually launches, a crash.log would be helpful (as would keeping track of this over on GitHub ).
Old 11-18-2021, 05:28 PM   #659
Jiyu09
Jiyu09 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage
Hello everyone, I got some issues. Sorry for my English. This is my first time installing it.

I extracted the OCP-KOReader-v2021.10.1 to my kobo root folder, then manually added this ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!kobo|adobe).*? to [FeatureSettings] in the correct file, then ejected my device.

It rebooted, there's a kfmon log png and koreader png in my books; there's a NickelMenu in the right down corner, and a KOReader button in the NickelMenu.
If I click the KOreader from NikcelMenu or koreader png in my books, I got:
[KFMon] Launched koreader.sh
Then a book loading screen, then the home screen again.
I don't understand, where's the koreader? What should I do?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Jiyu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 06:01 PM   #660
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyu09 View Post
Hello everyone, I got some issues. Sorry for my English. This is my first time installing it.

I extracted the OCP-KOReader-v2021.10.1 to my kobo root folder, then manually added this ExcludeSyncFolders=\\.(?!kobo|adobe).*? to [FeatureSettings] in the correct file, then ejected my device.

It rebooted, there's a kfmon log png and koreader png in my books; there's a NickelMenu in the right down corner, and a KOReader button in the NickelMenu.
If I click the KOreader from NikcelMenu or koreader png in my books, I got:
[KFMon] Launched koreader.sh
Then a book loading screen, then the home screen again.
I don't understand, where's the koreader? What should I do?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
The version of KOReader that you've installed is not compatible with your Sage. You need to wait for the November 2021 stable release and install that version. It will be compatible with your Sage.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato