Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-18-2015, 05:13 PM   #646
Robin42069
Enthusiast
Robin42069 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
yeah i realized that after i posted it but wasnt aware of how to delete it from the thread. i just tend to think of the FanFicFare add on as the main thing since its what i mainly use calibre for. so my apologies for that
Robin42069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:28 PM   #647
CakeChan
CakeChan began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
But there should be a new release in less than a week.
Just used pip to update the CLI version, and it seems to properly preplace HR tags now. Thank you very much.
CakeChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2015, 05:17 AM   #648
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
So there are Python people using the CLI and directly installing the package from PyPi, that's really neat .
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #649
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
So there are Python people using the CLI and directly installing the package from PyPi, that's really neat .
Yep. And it's more popular than I realized:
Quote:
Downloads (All Versions):
217 downloads in the last day
923 downloads in the last week
3472 downloads in the last month
I was even more surprised the time I forgot to add the github release and somebody reminded me because they were using the releases to package into their linux distro.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 11:43 AM   #650
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)

I don't know how many people use it, although I know there are people who do.
I don't, however, know if they use the version built from git master, or the tagged tarballs. I packaged both.

Last edited by eschwartz; 10-19-2015 at 11:47 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2015, 12:29 PM   #651
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
For Arch Linux, right? Found you here. Thanks for this !
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:38 PM   #652
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yup, that's me.

I'm pretty good at keeping it up to date, too -- I just wait for notifications in this thread. Makes it easy...

Last edited by eschwartz; 10-19-2015 at 12:41 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:45 PM   #653
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I'm pretty good at keeping it up to date, too -- I just wait for notifications in this thread. Makes it easy...
Which reminds me:

Version 2.2.14 - 18 Oct 2015
  • Fix for some stories on quotev.com failing -- thanks, cryzed.
  • More fixes for some stories on quotev.com failing -- thanks, cryzed.
  • Move site ninelives.dark-solace.org to new domain ninelivesarchive.com while still accepting old URLs.
  • Remove thequidditchpitch.org, domain is parked.
  • Change site www.nickandgreg.net to www.nickngreg.nl while still accepting old URLs.
  • Add check for non-existance/removed story to potterfics.com.
  • Fixes for hpfandom.net changes.
  • Strip leading/trailing single or double quotes from chapter URLs XenForo Base. Author typo fix.
  • Remove site thequidditchpitch.org - domain is parked.
  • base_xenforoforum: Workaround for when author uses reply URL instead of post URL, continue_on_chapter_error feature, remove 'Story' in front of 'Thread' in title.
  • Change site www.nickandgreg.net to www.nickngreg.nl in defaults.ini.
  • base_xenforoforum: Add user/password login for QuestionableQuesting NSFW subforum. Note that this will mark posts 'read' in the forum for your user.
  • Add Background Metadata feature during Updates. When updating/overwriting existing books, there's now an option to Collect Metadata from sites in a Background process.
  • This returns control to you quicker while updating, but you won't be asked for username/passwords or if you are an adult--stories that need those will just fail.
  • Only available for Update/Overwrite of existing books in case URL given isn't canonical or matches to existing book by Title/Author.
  • Fix for Overwrite mode.
  • Fixes for base_xenforoforum #post- URLs -- might effect other site URLs with # anchors.
  • Account for base href in XenForo so emoticon images work. - Use [epub] nook_img_fix:false to show emoticon images in line.
  • Correct cover_exclusion_regexp for base_xenforoforum.
  • Fix for unNew with & in chapter title.
  • Fixes/New Features for test1.
  • Update wiki link in defaults.ini.
  • Tweak to epub logpage that helps with finding desc.
  • Improve replace_metadata comments in defaults.ini
  • Change default HTML output to HTML5 header.
  • Update html tag header at beginning of each epub file. Prompted by failure of old header on latest tolino ereader.
  • Accept only forum.questionablequesting.com, not questionablequesting.com.
  • Fix for issue with Email fetch using last used Add options instead of default Add options.
  • Fix replace_hr feature.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:35 PM   #654
saluli
Connoisseur
saluli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3,
I have a question about e-mail fetch.
It works if instead of putting the e-mail account I receive the AO3 e-mails I use another account to which I redirect these e-mails?
I suppose not, but I ask because while I prefer to keep the site messages that are not fic updates (kudos, replies, etc) in my main account, I always redirect the updates notices to a secondary account/
saluli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:10 PM   #655
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluli View Post
I have a question about e-mail fetch.
It works if instead of putting the e-mail account I receive the AO3 e-mails I use another account to which I redirect these e-mails?
I suppose not, but I ask because while I prefer to keep the site messages that are not fic updates (kudos, replies, etc) in my main account, I always redirect the updates notices to a secondary account/
It doesn't care where the emails came from; redirected or forwarded emails will work fine. I do that myself.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:58 AM   #656
edeniz
Zealot
edeniz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Tolino Shine, Samsung Galaxy S3
Hi! Um... I want to slowly download everything in my bookmarks into calibre as offline library. So I'm trying to put together the right settings. I use fanficfare for both html and epub versions of a fanfic. Both have more or less the same css: Colored titles, borders for the titles, padding and so. But the epub version only accepts the css for the first page with the title and the labels. But when I convert the html file to epub with sigil, it has everything and running check turns it up fine. Did I forget something in the ini, or is there an activate css thing or so? After fanficfare creates the epub it won't even be edited with epub creating programs like sigil, but run-check works fine here too. Not even a color change is possible.

Two: archiveofourown's settings allow for fic being part of more than one series. But it does not combine series link with the series text like it does normally, instead I have added to the categories in the first page:

Series: xyz
Series URL: http:\\something-or-other

That's default setting and ok so, right? Or do I need to add change something?
edeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:27 PM   #657
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@edeniz,

The preferred output for FanFicFare is epub because it can be updated when new chapters come out without downloading the entire story again.

The output_css setting for the [epub] section is used to create a stylesheet.css file inside the epub that all generated xhtml file include. If you think that isn't working correctly for you, please post an epub (generated by FanFicFare), the relevant part of your personal.ini, and what you see wrong with it.

I stopped using Sigil some time ago because it didn't support subdirectories inside epubs correctly. Calibre's 'Edit book' feature is preferred, IMO. Converting from HTML to epub using Sigil, you're on your own.

Re: AO3 extra series, what are you trying to add or ask? And please provide an example URL to a story with more than one series. I don't have stories with every different quirk at my finger tips.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:24 PM   #658
edeniz
Zealot

Ok. Will do. It's not so important, because if I want colorful style, I just use the html. But I was put off that nothing I do to the output css seems to do anything, I can't so much as choose a bigger font-size or color for epub. Not just that, but I can't afterward change the css with calibre's editor or sigil if I tried, so I thought I must be messing up and wanted to ask. If it's default, no problem.

This is my epub style:

Code:
##style:

titlepage_use_table: true
wide_titlepage_entries:storyUrl,authorUrl,seriesUrl
output_css: 
 body { margin: 2%%;}
 pre { font-size: x-small; }
 sml { font-size: small; }
 p          {line-height:170%%; }
 blockquote {padding: 0.5em 0 0.5em 0; margin-bottom:1em;}
 a:link     {color:#6495ED;}
 a:visited  {color:#333; font-style: italic; text-decoration: none;}
 a[title]   {text-decoration: underline; font-style: italic;}
 td         {height:2em; vertical-align:top; padding:0.6em 0.2em 0.4em 0.6em;}
 br         {margin:5px; 
             line-height:1.7em; }
 h1 { text-align: center; 
      padding:1.5em 0 1.5em 0; }
 h2 { text-align: center; color:#6495ED; 
      padding:1em 0 1em 0; border-bottom: 2px solid; border-top: 2px solid; margin-top:3em; }
 h3 { text-align: center; color:#6495ED; 
      padding:0.5em 0 0.5em 0; }
 h4 { text-align: center; }
 h5 { text-align: center; }
 h6 { text-align: center; }
 .CI {
     text-align:center;
     margin-top:0px;
     margin-bottom:0px;
     padding:0px;
     }
 .center   {text-align: center;}
 .cover    {text-align: center;}
 .full     {width: 100%%; }
 .quarter  {width: 25%%; }
 .smcap    {font-variant: small-caps;}
 .u        {text-decoration: underline;}
 .bold     {font-weight: bold;}

include_images:true

never_make_cover: true
Weird. Seems color change is not a problem anymore. But everything else still won't work. Specifically, font-size and borders. It's no problem if some styles just can't apply, but I think it's more the case that I messed up.

Re: AO3 extra series. Sorry. I'll give an example link for the series thing:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/748503

This fic from the archive is part of two series. Attached is the epub output from fanficfare. I have serieshtml on second row usually. But this one for example is part of 2 series, so I also want both series in addition listed and linked after or right before the summary the same way and can't do it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip seperis.zip (17.2 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by edeniz; 10-21-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:08 PM   #659
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeniz View Post

This is my epub style:
I assume you have that in the [epub] section. That's the only reason I know of why it wouldn't work at all.

For specifics, epub--especially in dedicated ebook reader devices--doesn't always support all the possible CSS settings. When I used your CSS above, I definitely saw it being imported into the epub and at least part applied. You may be using CSS settings epub (or your epub reader) doesn't support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeniz View Post
Re: AO3 extra series. Sorry. I'll give an example link for the series thing:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/748503
Hmmm. That's what I thought, but without an example to try, I couldn't be sure my solution would work.

This works:
Code:
[archiveofourown.org]

add_to_extra_valid_entries:,series00HTML,series01HTML,series02HTML,series03HTML
series00HTML_label:Series
series01HTML_label:Additional Series
series02HTML_label:Additional Series
series03HTML_label:Additional Series

make_linkhtml_entries:series00,series01,series02,series03

titlepage_entries: seriesHTML,series01HTML,series02HTML,series03HTML,category,genre,language,characters,ships,status,datePublished,dateUpdated,dateCreated,rating,warnings,numChapters,numWords,site,description
Most of that (all except replacing titlepage_entries) will be added to defaults.ini in the next version. Honestly, I thought series00HTML, etc already was in defaults.

(Note that series00 == regular series.)
Old 10-21-2015, 02:46 PM   #660
edeniz
Zealot

e
Quote:
I assume you have that in the [epub] section. That's the only reason I know of why it wouldn't work at all.

For specifics, epub--especially in dedicated ebook reader devices--doesn't always support all the possible CSS settings. When I used your CSS above, I definitely saw it being imported into the epub and at least part applied. You may be using CSS settings epub (or your epub reader) doesn't support.
ee
Yes, it's in the epub section. If you haven't seen something glaring error I made, then it's probably like you said a support thing. I'll consider the matter closed. Thanks for your efforts.

Quote:
Hmmm. That's what I thought, but without an example to try, I couldn't be sure my solution would work.

Most of that (all except replacing titlepage_entries) will be added to defaults.ini in the next version. Honestly, I thought series00HTML, etc already was in defaults.

(Note that series00 == regular series.)
Yay!

It wasn't in the defaults text, so I didn't know it was even an option. This helps hugely. You're a treasure.

Last edited by edeniz; 10-21-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Tags
fanfiction