Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-19-2024, 10:06 AM   #616
peaceridge
Wizard
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
If you're on a Mac you can abandon Parallels and use Kindle for Mac 1.40.1. You can find it on third-party sites with Google.
Thanks so much. It works great! I've been trying to get rid of the Windows apps off my Mac, since they don't work very good. Now I have one less to worry about.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 10:08 AM   #617
peaceridge
Wizard
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
  1. Install 2.4.0 over 2.4.1.
  2. Go to this post and download the bat file for Windows https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...71#post4444671
  3. Run the bat run for Windows

Done!
Thanks, I've decided to use odamizu's suggestion to use the old Mac version instead. But. I'll keep your suggestion in case it stops working.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2024, 09:41 AM   #618
sashsz
sashsz began at the beginning.

Device: android
Hello!
I've installed DeDRM 10.0.9 (latest) + KFX Input 2.15.0, Kindle Unpack 0.83.1 and latest Kindle for PC 2.4.1.
I tried to get any book to Calibre and what I am getting for a given book is: <book-name>.kfx-zip. Which doesn't lead to anything.
What am I missing?
sashsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 09:46 AM   #619
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
2.4.1 no longer works. You need 2.4.0.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 10:38 AM   #620
sashsz
sashsz began at the beginning.

Device: android
Thank you, all good now.
sashsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2024, 01:51 PM   #621
booksireadforme
booksireadforme began at the beginning.

Device: phone
No Bluestacks prompt

Hey.

I have installed bluestacks 5 on my Windows 11 pc and have the adb platform tools. When i run the cm prompts I can find the device but when I try backing up the file no prompt shows on bluestacks. Not sure why. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
booksireadforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2024, 04:42 AM   #622
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
Are you using 32-bit Nougat?
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2024, 10:44 AM   #623
booksireadforme
booksireadforme began at the beginning.

Device: phone
Adb Bluestacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
Are you using 32-bit Nougat?
I don't think so. Looks like 64. I also tried another emulater and same issue. No message in the emulater when trying to back up
booksireadforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2024, 12:05 PM   #624
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashsz View Post
Hello!
I've installed DeDRM 10.0.9 (latest) + KFX Input 2.15.0, Kindle Unpack 0.83.1 and latest Kindle for PC 2.4.1.
I tried to get any book to Calibre and what I am getting for a given book is: <book-name>.kfx-zip. Which doesn't lead to anything.
What am I missing?
DeDRM 10.0.9 is not the latest. DeDRM auto-generated alpha is the latest.

https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools_autorelease/tags

You want to install KindleForPC 2.4.0 and you also want to run the .bat file to prevent updating by Amazon. The link to the.bat file is here.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...71#post4444671
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2024, 04:45 AM   #625
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by booksireadforme View Post
I don't think so. Looks like 64. I also tried another emulater and same issue. No message in the emulater when trying to back up
32-bit Nougat in Bluestacks is what the first post mentions is confirmed to work and that worked for me.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2024, 09:46 AM   #626
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
32-bit Nougat in Bluestacks is what the first post mentions is confirmed to work and that worked for me.
I believe I am using 64bit nougat? But then again the adb backup was too fiddly for me, so I ended up just copying the database file directly with a adb pull. It circumvents the whole backup hoopla and works in Bluestacks, since the adb shell has automatically root access.

The backup method, I believe, depends on the app to cooperate. And if the app doesn't allow backup, root access won't do it with the backup command. In the hires version backup won't work, but I think the database file can still be copied. But it was easier to write the instructions with upgrading the 4.16 version, which has multiple ways to get into calibre.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 08-25-2024 at 09:51 AM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2024, 11:45 AM   #627
ppiresnl
ppiresnl began at the beginning.

Device: Onix Boox
Hey! I followed the detailed instructions from the "Master Process Kindle Android.pdf" and I've been using it for ages with books from 2023 onwards. It's been working well. Until recently, I tried it with a book from June 3rd, 2024, and it didn't work. I'm using Kindle 4.16.0.75 on a Bluestacks instance, and it says the book cannot be opened on such an old Kindle version anymore. I tried to update the app to version 8.51.1.0, but it didn't download any .prc file. Does anyone have a method that works on very, very recent books? Thanks!
ppiresnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2024, 11:49 AM   #628
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppiresnl View Post
Does anyone have a method that works on very, very recent books? Thanks!
Read this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=361503
Old 08-25-2024, 03:23 PM   #629
ppiresnl
ppiresnl began at the beginning.

Device: Onix Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Hey! Sorry, I was reading the page but didn't understand how it could help me. Could you please point me to the direction you believe would help me with my issue?

BTW, attached you have a screenshot of the files downloaded by Kindle 8.51.1.0 on Bluestacks.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle.png
Views:	38
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	210411  
ppiresnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2024, 03:35 PM   #630
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppiresnl View Post
Hey! Sorry, I was reading the page but didn't understand how it could help me. Could you please point me to the direction you believe would help me with my issue?
Thanks!
You wanted to know if there was another method of deDRMing newer Kindle books. There are, and they are listed in the thread I linked to.

As to your issues with the Android method, sorry, I don't know how to fix it. I moved on to other methods after my old setup no longer downloaded newer books.