Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-11-2018, 09:43 PM   #601
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Second, Baptismal Imagery in Early Christianity: Ritual, Visual, and Theological Dimensions. By Robin M. Jensen.

$0.99 through April 30, also. Ereaderiq.com says the regular digital price at Amazon is $14.89! 258 pages.

4.3 stars, but from only 7 reviews at Amazon; a 4.00, from 19 ratings from the . . . let's say . . . "more discerning," crowd at GoodReads.

Description
What can we learn from early Christian imagery about the theological meaning of baptism? Robin Jensen, a leading scholar of early Christian art and worship, examines multiple dimensions of the early Christian baptismal rite. She explores five models for understanding baptism--as cleansing from sin, sickness, and Satan; as incorporation into the community; as sanctifying and illuminative; as death and regeneration; and as the beginning of the new creation--showing how visual images, poetic language, architectural space, and symbolic actions signify and convey the theological meaning of this ritual practice. Considering image and action together, Jensen offers a holistic and integrated understanding of the power of baptism. The book is illustrated with photos.

Here's the link to this book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0080K3QXU/.
79 cents at Christianbook (ePub, DRM Protected).

I wasted 20 cents!
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:04 AM   #602
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
While looking at the last few books mentioned here, I found some others to look at. All at Amazon.com.

Written by faculty from Macquarie University. (The first Australian university to fully align with the Bologna Process and gain the Oscar Mayer seal of approval.)
The Content and the Setting of the Gospel Tradition for $1.99. It has 600 pages. There is one used paperback available for $10,277.90.

A couple of books by Robert E. Webber.
1) Ancient-Future Evangelism (Ancient-Future): Making Your Church a Faith-Forming Community for $1.99
2) Ancient-Future Worship (Ancient-Future): Proclaiming and Enacting God's Narrative for $2.34

A trio by David F. Wells. All at $2.99.
1) Losing Our Virtue.
2) God in the Wasteland: The Reality of Truth in a World of Fading Dreams.
3) Above All Earthly Pow'rs: Christ in a Postmodern World.

Ben Witherington Conflict and Community in Corinth: Socio-rhetorical Commentary on 1 and 2 Corinthians for $4.99.

Gordon D. Fee & Robert L. (not L. Ron) Hubbard The Eerdmans Companion to the Bible.

Tammi J. Schneider An Introduction to Ancient Mesopotamian Religion for $0.99. This looks like a basic introduction written for seminary classes.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2018, 01:06 AM   #603
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
While looking at the last few books mentioned here, I found some others to look at. All at Amazon.com.
Some truly excellent finds there. I owe you a bologna sandwich the next time that I see you.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:04 AM   #604
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I might mention, though, that a bunch of these academic books are in the Topaz format. Seems particularly likely in the ones that don't show a Kindle preview on the site.

The Alf and Calibre duo hasn't seemed to want to import them. Might be a problem for those who like to unlock their books.

On the other hand, I might not mention it until after I've gotten my sandwich.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:19 PM   #605
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I might mention, though, that a bunch of these academic books are in the Topaz format. Seems particularly likely in the ones that don't show a Kindle preview on the site.

The Alf and Calibre duo hasn't seemed to want to import them. Might be a problem for those who like to unlock their books.

On the other hand, I might not mention it until after I've gotten my sandwich.
No sandwich for you now.

I was not aware of the fact that the ebooks were in the Topaz format. I did wonder why I couldn't get a preview of them (I ended up getting them from another vendor or two, which used the ePub format). It probably wouldn't have been a factor in any of my decisions to, or not to, purchase, anyway.
Advert
Old 04-17-2018, 08:01 PM   #606
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

9-Volume Bundle of Warren Wiersbe's "Be" Series on Paul's Letters--$1.99 or Less!

Get the "Be" series bundle on Paul's letters, for only $1.99, at Amazon. There are 9 books in the series, making each one only 22 cents each!

You occasionally see a free ebook in the "Be" series; a little bit more often you'll see a 99-cent one. But to find this many of these books by Warren Wiersbe for 22 cents each is fantastic!

Is $1.99 still a little bit too expensive for you? Well, you can get the bundle at Christianbook for $1.59, which works out to 18 cents for each book. Want to get the bundle even cheaper? Sorry, I can't help you there.

I think that I already have all of the volumes in this bundle (my Wiersbe "Be" series ebooks are scattered among various places: Amazon, Christianbook, maybe B&N and others), but I'm not sure. So I'm springing for this set at Christianbook. They're all DRM Free there, so I can convert them into whatever format that I want them.

ADDENDUM: I found out that I had already bought the set from Christianbook. The bundle must have been outrageously cheap sometime before now. I'm going to have to miss out on grabbing this insanely cheap deal now. I'm so sad.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-17-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:31 PM   #607
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Speaking of that series, Be Rich is free today.
https://www.amazon.com/Be-Rich-Ephes...ren+W.+Wiersbe
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:02 AM   #608
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Get the "Be" series bundle on Paul's letters, for only $1.99, at Amazon.

ADDENDUM: I found out that I had already bought the set from Christianbook. The bundle must have been outrageously cheap sometime before now. I'm going to have to miss out on grabbing this insanely cheap deal now. I'm so sad.
https://www.ereaderiq.com/dp/B019PSA...-right-be-wis/

Has been $1.99 three times, first in July 2017

Buy two copies, save twice as much.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:57 PM   #609
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Speaking of that series, Be Rich is free today.
https://www.amazon.com/Be-Rich-Ephes...ren+W.+Wiersbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
https://www.ereaderiq.com/dp/B019PSA...-right-be-wis/

Has been $1.99 three times, first in July 2017

Buy two copies, save twice as much.
Be Rich is on an epistle of Paul's (Ephesians). So, it would be included in the bundle. I wouldn't mind having it in a format other than (in addition to) the one that I have it in now, though. I'll check around. Thanks.

BTW--the sale on the bundle ends today, April 18. If might be the same as with the standalone Be Rich, so don't dilly-dally.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-18-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:06 PM   #610
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Be Rich is on an epistle of Paul's (Ephesians). So, it would be included in the bundle. I wouldn't mind having it in a format other than (in addition to) the one that I have it in now, though. I'll check around. Thanks.

BTW--the sale on the bundle ends today, April 18. If might be the same as with the standalone Be Rich, so don't dilly-dally.
I found out that I have the book in both the mobi and the ePub formats already. Does anyone know who might offer a PDF of it?

Let's see . . . . does Ephesians have anything to say about greed. ha

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-18-2018 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:26 PM   #611
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

You can get it at B&N as a Nook.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #612
Fluribus
Guru

Quote:
I found out that I have the book in both the mobi and the ePub formats already. Does anyone know who might offer a PDF of it?
If you have it without DRM, Calibre should be able to convert it to PDF. I don't know how good the conversion is.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:51 PM   #613
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Free also at Google Play.

In what format are Google Play's ebooks?
Old 04-18-2018, 05:54 PM   #614
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
If you have it without DRM, Calibre should be able to convert it to PDF. I don't know how good the conversion is.
Just checked--it is (ePub) DRM Free at Christianbook.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:39 PM   #615
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

FIVE Free Wipf and Stock EPub Titles, and 15 Kindle Titles Marked Way Down!

Wipf and Stock publish high-quality stuff. Their publications tend to be on religously- and philosophically- oriented themes. I get their promotional emails, and in each one (I think) they offer a free ebook or two. Of course, I'm always thrilled to get a free ebook from them, and I usually download all of the free ones that they offer.

Before I go any further, let me offer an apology. I was dilatory about reading their last email; it came a day or two ago. I thought that it could wait. However, this is the best promotion that I have ever seen from Wipf and Stock, bar none, and I should have read the message earlier. Consequently, I'm not giving you folks as much time, as I would like to for you to check it out (of course, you can go ahead and download the free ebooks, and then sort them out later at your leisure ) before the sale ends April 20.

With the mailing that I received a day or two ago, W&S are not offering one free book, not two, but five free ebooks! Let me list them:
- THEOLOGY: Hummel, Leonard M; Woloschak, Gayle E. - Chance, Necessity, Love: An Evolutionary Theology of Cancer.
- BIBLICAL STUDIES: Oropeza, B.J. - 1 Corinthians.
- ETHICS: Cannon, Mae Elise (editor) - A Land Full of God: Christian Perspectives on the Holy Land.
- PHILOSOPHY: Martens, Paul - Reading Kierkegaard I: Fear and Trembling.
- POTPOURRI: McLemore, Clinton W.; McLemore, Anna M. - Staying One: How to Avoid a Make-Believe Marriage.

Here's a webpage from Wipf and Stock showing everything in their current sale.

Before I forget it, here's how to get those free ebooks . First, add one or more to your cart. Make sure that you have selected the "eBook" option, and not the "PAPERBACK" or other format option, and that you select "ADD TO CART," not something else. The ebook(s) will continue to show full price in the cart as you go along, but before you check out, follow the instruction to "CLICK 'VIEW CART' TO ADD COUPON." Then, the coupon code "ebookfree" should appear in your shopping cart (perhaps on the next webpage) and everything should show a price of $0.00 each. Then, click on "PROCEED TO CHECKOUT." You're ready to get your free book(s)!

If you're not registered with Wipf and Stock, you'll need to do that, before you can complete the order.

I think that all of the ebooks are in the ePub format. I didn't see anything to indicate whether they are DRM Protected or DRM Free.

The 15 Kindle books are not quite free, but they are at fantastic prices. You certainly might find something among them that you want to grab. You follow the ordinary (and simpler!) procedure for ordering and purchasing them.

The offer expires at 11:59 PM ET, April 20th, 2018.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-21-2018 at 08:13 PM.