Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #586
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
you know , those just aren't the types of books one expects out of a publishing house named Samhain
Old 11-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #587
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
you know , those just aren't the types of books one expects out of a publishing house named Samhain
It's what Samhain is known best for although you might not know it just from the name.
Advert
Old 11-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #588
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
yeah, I was going on name association only
Old 11-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #589
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
I thought the same thing. When I first saw Samhain I thought their books would be scary -- not erotic. [There is joke in here about an old girlfriend, but I'm going to pass.]
Old 11-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #590
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I thought the same thing. When I first saw Samhain I thought their books would be scary -- not erotic. [There is joke in here about an old girlfriend, but I'm going to pass.]
*snicker*
Advert
Old 11-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #591
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Added

The Pawn (The Patrick Bowers Files, Book 1) by Steven James [Thriller]

Quote:
In this riveting thriller, the first of a planned trilogy, James (Story) introduces FBI agent Patrick Bowers. His professional specialty is environmental criminology, which attempts to track lawbreakers by analyzing the significance of the time and place at which the crime occurred. When corpses of young women start turning up near Asheville, N.C., Bowers is called in. The killer's MO is to tie a yellow ribbon in his victims' hair and leave a chess piece somewhere on the scene. Bowers begins to suspect that the governor of North Carolina, rumored to be the next Republican presidential contender, is somehow connected to the murders, and that a cult with links to Jonestown might also be involved. Making matters trickier, the special agent supervising Bowers turns out to be a longtime colleague with whom Bowers has some bad blood. Bowers, a recent widower with a surly teenage stepdaughter to raise, tries to keep his grief and parental confusion at bay so that he can focus on the case as the killer targets more innocent women. Christian faith makes a subtle appearance in the story and appears to be a theme that will be developed in future installments. A gripping plot and brisk pacing will win James some fans eager for his next offering.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #592
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Skinny, by Laura L. Smith

Book Description
It's a risky thing to look at depression in a positive light. This illness, which is the leading cause of disability worldwide, threatens lives, steals hope, and destroys the spirit of the afflicted one.

But it can also be an opportunity for growth. Light and life can be brighter and stronger if the spiritual roots of depression are addressed and resolved. Through her personal journey, Sharon Fawcett reveals how.

From the Back Cover
Teenager Melissa Rollins seems to have it all, and now she's got the eye of the cute new guy in school, Beau Pointreaux. The one thing Melissa doesn't have is a perfect body. There are ways to fix that, though.

Strict dieting and throwing up can't be all bad, can they? Melissa soon finds the consequences are devastating, but turning back isn't so easy. Will she hear God's voice before it's too late?
Old 11-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #593
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Skinny, by Laura L. Smith

Book Description
It's a risky thing to look at depression in a positive light. This illness, which is the leading cause of disability worldwide, threatens lives, steals hope, and destroys the spirit of the afflicted one.

But it can also be an opportunity for growth. Light and life can be brighter and stronger if the spiritual roots of depression are addressed and resolved. Through her personal journey, Sharon Fawcett reveals how.

From the Back Cover
Teenager Melissa Rollins seems to have it all, and now she's got the eye of the cute new guy in school, Beau Pointreaux. The one thing Melissa doesn't have is a perfect body. There are ways to fix that, though.

Strict dieting and throwing up can't be all bad, can they? Melissa soon finds the consequences are devastating, but turning back isn't so easy. Will she hear God's voice before it's too late?

This is something I would probably recommend to gf.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:26 PM   #594
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Added

Skinny by Laura L. Smith [Teen Social Issues]
Old 11-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #595
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
grumble, grumble .... Yeah, but I am having a hard time keeping up with all the free reading you keep pointing me to!

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #596
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Another one for the free reading stack (put this one first, it should help with dealing with the feelings of being overwhelmed...)

Autobiography of a Yogi, by Paramhansa Yogananda. This is a reprint of original 1946 edition and has a digital list price of $24.95. It's also in the Topaz format, so there may be formatting and/or font issues (then again, it's also free).

Book Description (from the Paperback)
Named One of the Top 100 Spiritual Books of Last Century This is not an ordinary book. It is a spiritual treasure. To read its message of hope to all truthseekers is to begin a great adventure. Paramhansa Yogananda was the first yoga master of India whose mission it was to permanently live and teach in the West. In the 1920's, as he criss-crossed the United States on what he called his "spiritual campaigns," his enthusiastic audiences filled the largest halls of America. His initial impact was truly impressive. But his lasting influence is greater still. This book, first published in 1946, helped launch, and continues to inspire, a spiritual revolution in the West. Only rarely does a sage of Paramhansa Yogananda's stature write a firsthand account of his life experiences. Followers of many religious traditions have come to recognize Autobiography of a Yogi as a masterpiece of spiritual literature. Yet, for all its depth, it is full of gentle humor, lively stories, and practical common sense. This is a verbatim reprinting of the original 1946 edition. Although subsequent reprintings, reflecting revisions made after the author's death in 1952, have sold over a million copies and have been translated into more than 19 languages, the few thousand of the original have long since disappeared into the hands of collectors. Now, with this reprint, the 1946 edition is again available, with all its inherent power, just as the great master of yoga first presented it.

* The 1946 edition is the only one that does NOT contain substantial posthumous changes to the text unlike other publisher's editions which have THOUSANDS of changes, many of which substantially alter the original meaning of the text.
* The 1946 edition is the only available version approved for publication during the author's lifetime. There is no verifiable evidence that Yogananda ever requested the majority of posthumous changes in other publisher's editions.
* Enjoy the original unaltered version. Have the security of knowing that the edition you are reading does not contain unauthorized changes that may alter the meaning and intention of the author. Even if you have already bought a posthumously edited version, you'll enjoy the authentic vibration of the original.
* You may have purchased the posthumous edition because you didn't know that the original, unaltered edition exists. Other publisher's editions are not clear that their versions are posthumously altered.
* Many highly respected, independent experts such as Dr. David Frawley prefer the original edition. All the major testimonials and reviews for the this book , including the NYT, Newsweek, Time, etc. plus the Preface by Evans-Wentz were made for the ORIGINAL edition, not other publisher's editions.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:49 AM   #597
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I am not sure whether to put this here or start a new topic;

I just got an email from Amazon stating I had been overcharged a penny. now this was a purchase through the "free and expensive books" being kept here in this thread. I know, "a penny saved is a penny earned", "need a penny, take a penny" and so on... but gosh... I just think that at some point balancing out the books to such an extreme is well..... I won't say silly, but, it seems that the time and energy, and even that penny could go to a greater good. I wonder if all of us, and our pennies could maybe be stockpiled by Amazon and go to a literacy program, or funding Kindles for the underprivledged reading population. or something

or maybe... I just think and wonder too much....?
Old 11-15-2009, 01:00 PM   #598
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
I don't know if I'm supposed to post books here either, but I looked around and didn't see Sporadic, so I figured I was safe for the moment...

one of my favorite authors, Carol O'Connell, (although this isn't my favorite book by her) seems to be having a sale on Bone by Bone for the Kindle. It's not part of her series, so not a bad deal to pick it up for a darn good mystery read.

http://www.amazon.com/Bone-by-ebook/...8307955&sr=1-1

$2.60

Probably her best book EVER, Judas Child, isn't even ON the kindle. What a terrible oversight.

Maria
Old 11-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #599
Sporadic
Banned

Added

Autobiography of a Yogi (Reprint of Original 1946 Edition) by Paramhansa Yogananda [Hinduism]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I don't know if I'm supposed to post books here either, but I looked around and didn't see Sporadic, so I figured I was safe for the moment...
I don't get what that is suppose to mean?

I encourage everybody to post there finds as long as they are $1 or under. Everything for more belongs in Deals, Freebies, and Resources (since you know, I can't add it to the list)

Quote:
I am not sure whether to put this here or start a new topic;

I just got an email from Amazon stating I had been overcharged a penny. now this was a purchase through the "free and expensive books" being kept here in this thread. I know, "a penny saved is a penny earned", "need a penny, take a penny" and so on... but gosh... I just think that at some point balancing out the books to such an extreme is well..... I won't say silly, but, it seems that the time and energy, and even that penny could go to a greater good. I wonder if all of us, and our pennies could maybe be stockpiled by Amazon and go to a literacy program, or funding Kindles for the underprivledged reading population. or something

or maybe... I just think and wonder too much....?
Ha, I didn't get that email. What title was it for?

Last edited by Sporadic; 11-15-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #600
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
Added

Ha, I didn't get that email. What title was it for?

"At the City's Edge"
Closed Thread

Tags
cheap, cheap kindle books, free, free kindle books