Notices

Old 02-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #46
GyGeek
Connoisseur
GyGeek is on a distinguished road

Device: Samsung Q1 Ultra, Boox 60, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenzGr View Post

And if the BeBook Neo Firmware is available for download like the one for the Boox itself, it might actually be possible to switch...
LenZ
It will be interesting to see if this is true or not.
GyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:44 PM   #47
DBooks
DBooks began at the beginning.

Device: ditto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
Can you please tell me how much the D9 will weigh?
Unfortunately we're still wrapping up our design on the D9, so the weight won't be available for a little while. However rest assured that we'll be trying to find the right balance between having something that's light/easy enough to carry around on a regular basis but weighted enough so that it has a nice solid feel to it.
DBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 03:43 AM   #48
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
Thanks! That is probably necessary when you're working with regular "Joe Siexpack" consumers who know nothing about the strength of light plastics and alloy material (that is if you can call the average eBook reader Joe Sixpack yet). Me, I would prefer to have it as light as possible!
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #49
lomdar
lomdar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBooks View Post
Hey the D9 is finishing up the prototyping stage at the moment. As it stands, pricing is at $459 and will be available in mid-March.
Do you only sell to OEMS or also to the end user? Will you ship to Europe?

lomdar

Last edited by lomdar; 03-11-2010 at 02:11 PM.
lomdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #50
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I once made the calculations. If I ordered from Astak, I would have saved about €10. But the cover I have now is worth absolutely more than €10.

But with the Neo, I can order a Boox for €299 + €9 (S/H). That includes a cover, and an adapter...

The Neo is €299 + €9,95 (S/H), without cover and adapter (the last I don't mind too much). And no availability for a cover right away. Which will probably also cost about €30 (the same as for the Mini and One).
I'm trying to decide between the Neo and the Boox. As far as I can tell the differences are (and please set me straight if I'm wrong) The Neo has access to online bookstores while the Boox does not. The Boox comes with a case while the Neo does not. Does anyone know if the Neo software will install on the Boox and will this basically turn the Boox into a Neo? If that's the case I'll buy the Boox and then install Neo software.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #51
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
I would get the boox with cover. Once bebook releases a firmware update for the neo you'll be able to use it instead of boox firmware.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #52
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
The Boox can access online book stores with its wifi and webkit browser.. Neo is creating an app that directs you to the correct stores for your geographical location. But right now I can go just about anywhere and download a book on the Boox. I regularly download from several free sites now. Soon there will be Scribd app for the Boox as well as a couple other that are in the works.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:58 AM   #53
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duiker View Post
I'm trying to decide between the Neo and the Boox. As far as I can tell the differences are (and please set me straight if I'm wrong) The Neo has access to online bookstores while the Boox does not. The Boox comes with a case while the Neo does not. Does anyone know if the Neo software will install on the Boox and will this basically turn the Boox into a Neo? If that's the case I'll buy the Boox and then install Neo software.
I think you misunderstand the nature of the Neo's "Bookstore" app. It's nothing more than a page on BeBook's website which asks you what country you're in, and then gives you links to various ePub bookstores in that country - eg if you tell it you're in the UK, you get links to W.H.Smith's, Waterstones, Blackstones, and Foyles. You can go direct to any of those bookstores, using the web browser, on either the Neo or the Boox.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:35 AM   #54
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
We could make such a page for the Boox here on the Mobileread wiki.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #55
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
The Boox can access online book stores with its wifi and webkit browser.. Neo is creating an app that directs you to the correct stores for your geographical location. But right now I can go just about anywhere and download a book on the Boox. I regularly download from several free sites now. Soon there will be Scribd app for the Boox as well as a couple other that are in the works.
Thanks for all the helpful replies. So can I do a search in Google on the Boox if I am looking for a specific book or do I need to navigate directly to a stores webpage? I guess what I'm asking is what are the limits on web browsing vs. using a PC?
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #56
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can do whatever you want - it's a web browser, like any other.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:39 AM   #57
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Does the Boox/Neo have a place to attach a wrist strap?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #58
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Does the Boox/Neo have a place to attach a wrist strap?
Short answer: No
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #59
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can go direct to any of those bookstores, using the web browser, on either the Neo or the Boox.
Do they also support Over The Air (OTA) delivery of ePubs from these stores? In other words can you buy and download Abobe ePubs without using a Desktop PC or Mac?
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:32 PM   #60
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
You can buy and download epubs OTA, however there are a few stores that are set up in such a way that you can not actually log on via the mobile link. (kobo is one notable store). Most of them have a mobile equivalent that takes care of this issue (you can not log onto www.fictionwise.com, but you can log onto mobile.fictionwise.com). I have downloaded books OTA from fictionwise, manybooks, and ereadable without any problems.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote