Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #46
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
It's also exactly not what the law suit is about. But I doubt many posting here that are against the suit have even bothered to look into it and know what the suit is actually about.

So I'm not surprised you see vaughnmr as being the one that missed the point.

Cheers,
PKFFW
vaughnmr claimed that we wanted ADA repealed. No one has said such a thing (my point). We are just against absurd interpretations of that law. Being against the lawsuit is not the same as being against the law. School should have taught you that, even if they didn't have KindleDXs.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:39 AM   #47
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
vaughnmr claimed that we wanted ADA repealed. No one has said such a thing (my point). We are just against absurd interpretations of that law. Being against the lawsuit is not the same as being against the law. School should have taught you that, even if they didn't have KindleDXs.
I agree that being against a lawsuit is not the same as being against the law.

However, I do not see anywhere that vaughnmr has claimed anyone wanted the ADA repealed. At least not in the two posts he/she has made in this thread. In fact, neither post mentions anything at all about anyone being specifically against the law.

In the post of vaughnmrs' that you quoted he/she was merely pointing out the good aspects of the law as he/she sees it. This was in response to markbots' suggestions that assisting the blind should be charity and "not a legal requirement" and that society should be free to make "optimal decisions".(both seem very much like suggesting that the law should be repealed but hey, that could just be my interpretation of "not a legal requirement")

My school did not give out any KindleDXs but I was still taught to read and understand the meaning of what is actually written. So maybe I'm missing something here.

If you could take the time to provide a link to where vaughnmr actually claimed anyone wanted the ADA repealed that might clear it up. Also, if you would like to explain how suggesting giving equality to the blind should be "charity and not a legal requirement" is not suggesting that the ADA should be repealed that would also be helpful.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 08:31 AM   #48
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
vaughnmr claimed that we wanted ADA repealed.
Wow, I said that? I think you misunderstood.
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote