Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #46
tessellated
tessellated began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 770, Nokia 2700 Classic
http://www.lonelywerewolfgirl.com

Martin Millar's been a surprisingly good read,
I am looking forward for part two which will be published in August - hopefully in ePub format or something equivalent...
tessellated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #47
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I think there is an Omnibus available in the ebook library, not sure if it is available as Mobi, though.

Also, if she is intrested in fantasy, how about Andrew Lang's Fairy tales? There is a bunch of them available.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #48
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessellated View Post
http://www.lonelywerewolfgirl.com

Martin Millar's been a surprisingly good read,
I am looking forward for part two which will be published in August - hopefully in ePub format or something equivalent...
I'm not sure I want to push werewolf or vamp genre on a 9 year old. maybe older kids though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
I think there is an Omnibus available in the ebook library, not sure if it is available as Mobi, though.

Also, if she is intrested in fantasy, how about Andrew Lang's Fairy tales? There is a bunch of them available.
for the OZ books? on the MR library? will check the other title as well! thanks!

edit: oh! the blue fairy book! of course! amazon is being finicky right now, so I can't see if it is on Kindle

Last edited by kindlekitten; 06-29-2010 at 05:10 PM.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:36 PM   #49
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Several of the Andrew Lang books are available in the Mobileread library, in mobi. If you cannot find them at Amazon
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #50
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
thanks!
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #51
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I'm SO not going to introduce a 9 year old to a romance with vampires! I'm more of a Podkayne sort of mentor I suppose
OMG, I missed reading her age (mine is 9 as well and I would not do that either!). I thought we were taking about a older teen (from the title of the thread).
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:58 AM   #52
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImogenRose View Post
OMG, I missed reading her age (mine is 9 as well and I would not do that either!). I thought we were taking about a older teen (from the title of the thread).
that's my bad I resurrected this thread. one of the reasons I used it is that apparently she is a precocious reader. I'm sure we've all either been or dealt with the type before
Old 06-30-2010, 10:13 AM   #53
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
that's my bad I resurrected this thread. one of the reasons I used it is that apparently she is a precocious reader. I'm sure we've all either been or dealt with the type before

No problem, but do start a new thread, I would love some recommendations for my nine-year old as well. She is reading the Mallory Towers (Enid Blyton) series at the moment and loving it.

ps.. for Twilight fans... Amanda Hockings books are still my suggestion.
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #54
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImogenRose View Post
No problem, but do start a new thread, I would love some recommendations for my nine-year old as well. She is reading the Mallory Towers (Enid Blyton) series at the moment and loving it.

ps.. for Twilight fans... Amanda Hockings books are still my suggestion.
ok, understood
Old 12-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #55
claude3523
claude3523 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Fallen by Lauren Kate is quite good and pretty harmless. I haven't read the others in the series though.
claude3523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #56
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude3523 View Post
Fallen by Lauren Kate is quite good and pretty harmless. I haven't read the others in the series though.
thank you for the recommendation and welcome to the forums Claude!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #57
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
What about the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning..I've read the Twilight books..the last was horrible..the Moning books are interesting and different. so far..happy reading
I've read only a couple of these and although they are great for adults, I think 16+ on these too.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #58
Tasha-Lee
Tasha-Lee began at the beginning.

Device: none
The Dark Carpathian series bychristine feehan seem rather enjoyable
Tasha-Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #59
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Books that I have bought for my 12 year old niece (who had already read Twilight, but not the last book until she is older) that she loves are:

The Mortal Instruments (she has read them like 8 times)
The Hunger Games
Firelight
Nightshade
Hush, Hush
Hex Hall
Beautiful Creatures
The darkest Power series (the Summoning is the first)

Series she will probably read in another year or two:

Vampire Academy
Morganville Vampires
Blue Bloods
Wicked Lovely

I have to say I LOVE all of those books as well!

Books that are for adult readers, but a lot of fans of Twilight love (much more adult though so don't read if you are not comfortable with sexual content):

Night Huntress series
Kate Daniels
Fever series
Black Dagger Brotherhood
Gardella Vampires...

OMG, I could go on forever!
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:08 AM   #60
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Fred Saberhagen's Dracula series offers an interesting take on vampires, and slips in a bit of history as well:

1. The Dracula Tape (1975)
2. The Holmes-Dracula File (1978) (allegedly not Saberhagen's choice of title, as it gives away what was intended to be a surprise plot point)
3. An Old Friend of the Family (1979)
4. Thorn (1980)
5. Dominion (1982)
"From the Tree of Time" (1982) (short story)
6. A Matter of Taste (1990)
7. A Question of Time (1992)
8. Seance for a Vampire (1994)
9. A Sharpness on the Neck (1996)
Vlad Tapes (2000) (omnibus of 2 previous books)
"Box Number Fifty" (2001) (short story)
10. A Coldness in the Blood (2002)

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote