Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-12-2022, 04:55 PM   #46
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I noticed that Amazon have re-set the dates for delivery back a little.
Polish official dealer change dates again, now to 25-29.7.2022.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 12:25 AM   #47
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
Polish official dealer change dates again, now to 25-29.7.2022.
Amazon (in the U.S.) has now moved their delivery dates for the PocketBook Eras to August 4th (silver, 16GB) and August 9th (copper, 64GB). They had dropped the delivery date back into the mid to late 20s of August.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2022, 03:31 AM   #48
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
PocketBook Era delivery dates have been updated again at Amazon. Silver one is now July 25th and the Copper one is now July 31st.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 11:50 PM   #49
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Just managed to buy the Pocketbook Era in the german Pocketbook shop.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 03:01 PM   #50
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Yes, you are right mea culpa.
I was very surprised that pocketbook added support for AZW and AZW3 format

Firmware: 6.5.2892 (July 20, 2022)

Core changes
1. Support of AZW- and AZW3-formatted books.

https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...nkPad_3_EN.pdf

I don't know if it's partial or full support, but I wouldn't have to convert many of the books I have for KINDLE in AZW format to ePUB.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-21-2022 at 03:04 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2022, 07:07 PM   #51
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
I was very surprised that pocketbook added support for AZW and AZW3 format

Firmware: 6.5.2892 (July 20, 2022)

Core changes
1. Support of AZW- and AZW3-formatted books.

https://support.pocketbook-int.com/f...nkPad_3_EN.pdf

I don't know if it's partial or full support, but I wouldn't have to convert many of the books I have for KINDLE in AZW format to ePUB.
Especially if Pocketbooks support for AZW3 is better than Kindle's (offers justification settings, hyphenation etc). Mine is supposed to come tomorrow so I'll definitely try it out.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:27 PM   #52
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Especially if Pocketbooks support for AZW3 is better than Kindle's (offers justification settings, hyphenation etc). Mine is supposed to come tomorrow so I'll definitely try it out.
Hello. Have you had time to try AZW?
I am very interested in how Pocketbook works with AZW and AZW3 format books.
If it supports hyphenation and justification, it would be really brilliant

Overall, I noticed that Pocketbook recently started working on better support, added more functions to optimization.
the overall reactivity of the readers has noticeably improved compared to last year, which was the biggest drawback of these devices.

.. I wonder when I will add KEPUB support

I am already of the opinion that Pocketbook has one of the best software for PDF files compared to KOBO or Kindle. (except for devices that run on Android OS)

PS:
However, I will wait a while to buy the Pocketbook ERA, for now it is too expensive and for my use I prefer Inkpad 3 (7.8 inch + memory slot SD ) or Pocketbook Inkpad Lite (9.7 inch + memory slot SD.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-22-2022 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-22-2022, 05:43 PM   #53
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It came as expected. After OTA update it is running version U700.6.7.584. Will try the AZW experiment a little later.
Old 07-22-2022, 06:26 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
It came as expected. After OTA update it is running version U700.6.7.584. Will try the AZW experiment a little later.
Please try KF8. That's of more use then Mobi.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:48 PM   #55
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please try KF8. That's of more use then Mobi.
KF8?
Isn't KF8 just another name for the AZW3 format?

Compared to AZW or Mobi, it is more advanced by supporting more styles, fonts and layouts. And it becomes a trend that AZW3 is gradually replacing Mobi.

I mostly use KFX on the kindle device because it supports more settings on the kindle, such as a preview of the page display and the like.

Sorry, it says AWZ not AWZ3, so you are right JSwolf

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-22-2022 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2022, 10:13 PM   #56
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

I tried AZW3 (what is downloaded from Content & Devices, which should be KF8). It was able to display cover, title, etc, but it suggested it had DRM or is corrupt and would not open it.

AZW3 converted to ePub loads just fine.

That said, there is no support page for Pocketbook Era on the web site yet, hence no release notes.

I suppose AZW = Mobi 7? or in calibre terms, MOBI? I may try it later. It should at least support that, I think it has for some time.

Besides that, it has more than met my expectations. I got it mostly for the TTS, and to explore reading life outside the Kindle bubble.

I also installed the iPhone app. I'm impressed! TTS built-in, supports sync with Pocketbook Cloud, DropBox, Google Drive, Google Books (?) and access to OPDS catalogs like Feedbooks and Internet Archive. The book I side-loaded over USB uploads and can be read on my other devices. The interface is one of the cleanest I've seen. It looks like it will use any font installed on iOS (presumably custom fonts as well).

Last edited by tomsem; 07-22-2022 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2022, 01:32 PM   #57
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Very good news for me! After installing the latest update, the AZW3 book format is recognized and works without any problems.
By default, the pocketbook can read most free formats, I was really pleased with the addition of AZW3.

Ceasure, changing the font, everything works, format of the text.
Covers of books with which I once had problems on my kindle are also displayed.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pocketbook_AZW3.JPG
Views:	448
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	195264   Click image for larger version

Name:	pocketbook_AZW3_2.JPG
Views:	439
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	195265  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-23-2022 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-23-2022, 03:52 PM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Very good news for me! After installing the latest update, the AZW3 book format is recognized and works without any problems.
By default, the pocketbook can read most free formats, I was really pleased with the addition of AZW3.

Can you please show us a screenshot of some page in a KF8 eBook please? It would be good to know if there is kerning and and hyphenation.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 04:52 PM   #59
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you please show us a screenshot of some page in a KF8 eBook please? It would be good to know if there is kerning and and hyphenation.
Could you please send me the file with the required format. I thought AZW3 = KF8 right?

I mainly use Caliber, but I don't have the KF8 option there. From KINDLE format only AZW3, Mobi or KFX.
(Or send me some KF8 for testing)

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-23-2022 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-23-2022, 07:29 PM   #60
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

It didn't work on my new Pocketbook Era following OTA update. F/W version is U700.6.7.584. Release date was 2022-05-30.

I assume you have InkPad 3, and looks like it is dated 2022-07-20, which would seems to explain why Era does not have this feature yet.

Do you use PocketBook Cloud? I wonder if the iOS app will support AZW3 as well (the app description does not list it, but an update 2m ago says it has 'Improved support of PDF and AZW'.

In meantime, I'm going to continue to feed it .ePub as calibre doesn't offer option for AZW3 or MOBI by default for this device.

Is there any reason to prefer AZW3 over an ePub converted from one?