Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #46
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Declaration of the Rhythm Nation:
The Rhythm Nation will be subdivided into divisions, to allow for the application of members' talents where they are best applied.

One such division will be the Flower Power Division, in charge of encouraging support through appeals to love of nature, peaceful coexistence and free love. Hereafter, "Caravan of Love" is chosen as the official anthem of the Flower Power division of the Rhythm Nation.

Other divisions (and their anthems) will be announced in time.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:25 AM   #47
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Declarations of the Rhythm Nation- Divisions:

The Rhythm Nation hereby designates the State of the Nation Division, to make clear the issues that the Rhythm Nation is dedicated to address. Accordingly, "Ball of Confusion" is designated as the anthem of the State of the Nation Division.

The Rhythm Nation hereby designates the Future Division, to form a vision for the long-term health and survival of the Rhythm Nation. Accordingly, "In The Year 2525" is designated as the anthem of the Future Division.

Additional divisions (and their anthems) will follow.

Woo!
Advert
Old 11-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #48
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Groovy! We'll have joy, we'll have fun, we'll have seasons in the sun!

May I please be the Head Hippie Chick of the Flower Power Division? It's sort of like provincial governor, except without any administrative power or paperwork. My duties would be to mingle and chat with everyone.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #49
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
May I please be the Head Hippie Chick of the Flower Power Division? It's sort of like provincial governor, except without any administrative power or paperwork. My duties would be to mingle and chat with everyone.
Granted. Unfortunately, your adenoids force you to--

Oh, sorry... wrong thread.

Woo.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:35 PM   #50
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

The Rhythm Nation hereby designates the Multiplication Division, the economics arm of the Rhythm Nation. Accordingly, SchoolHouse Rock's "Figure Eight" is designated as the anthem of the Multiplication Division.

Woo/woo!

Official motto of the Multiplication Division: "We like a good pun as much as the next guy."

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 11-25-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Advert
Old 11-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #51
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post

The Rhythm Nation hereby designates the Multiplication Division, the economics arm of the Rhythm Nation. Accordingly, SchoolHouse Rock's "Figure Eight" is designated as the anthem of the Multiplication Division.

Woo/woo!

Official motto of the Multiplication Division: "We like a good pun as much as the next guy."

http://www.school-house-rock.com/index.html
Old 11-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #52
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Specifically... this.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:34 PM   #53
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't think I like the militaristic direction The Rhythm Nation is moving toward. C'mon people, smile on your brother, everybody get together, got to love one another. Right now.
Is that an order? MA'AM, YES, MA'AM!

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:43 AM   #54
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

The Rhythm Nation's Report on the Ecology:

After an extensive examination of the global ecology, it is our recommendation that we ask for Mercy from Mother Nature, as thanks to Man's efforts, things ain't what they used to be.

Our research has turned up the following action points:
Where did all the blue sky go?
Poison is the wind that blows From the north, east, south, and sea.
Oil wasted on the oceans and upon our seas, Fish full of mercury (and PCBs -Editor).
Radiation in the ground and in the sky; animals and birds who live nearby are dying.
What about this overcrowded land?
How much more abuse from man can you stand?

Those of the Rhythm Nation who are of a religious bent are hereby advised to pray to your sweet Lord for help in our efforts to save ourselves.

Woo.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #55
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
go hug a tree for love ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #56
DixieGal
Hi There!

I'm singing the blues today.

My "good" eye is worse, surgery is scheduled for Wed afternoon. This will be number 10, I think. I am forgetting how many surgeries. It's #3 for this eye.

Sing Along: Am I blue? Am I blue? Are these tears in my eyes telling you?

Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #57
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:

My "good" eye is worse, surgery is scheduled for Wed afternoon. This will be number 10, I think. I am forgetting how many surgeries. It's #3 for this eye.

So sorry to hear that, DixieGal!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #58
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Our blues are going out to you, Dixie!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:31 AM   #59
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:

Crossing a finger or two that everything works out well for ya!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:00 AM   #60
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Notice from the Rhythm Nation:

Steve Jordan, Grade A-1 Free-Range Sub-Prime Grand Poobah and official extemporizer ad-infinitum of the Rhythm Nation, will be away on assignment during the week of December 15th. (Assignment: To round out my tan before Christmas!) All members of the Rhythm Nation are urged to carry on until I return.

Ar-Woooooo-ba!