Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2020, 05:44 PM   #46
Glac
Glac began at the beginning.

Device: Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Don't worry about the "0 byte" label. Firmware handling of extra dictionaries has changed in the latest firmware. If you've done step 1b (from post #1) you also need to do steps 2, 3, 4. Step 5 is no longer necessary.

Finish off by doing a full power off. Once you've rebooted you should see Extra:_e1 as one of the available dictionaries in the drop-down menu when doing word lookup.
Ok so I just deleted the line in the SQL.
The dictionary name appears when doing word lookup.
Yet, for any words, it returns nothing but "no available definition". However, it works when I look up for the word directly through the dictionary entry, which is a bit annoying for I have to write it. Do you have any idea ?

By the way, is there any way to prevent the synchronisation/update from erasing all dictionaries I would have put into the Kobo ?

Thank you for helping me.
Glac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 05:59 PM   #47
Glac
Glac began at the beginning.

Device: Aura
Edit : Actually, the dictionary entry also leads to nothing when writing the word and pressing "OK". The only thing that works is to search for the word and chose it among the "recommendations". Could the dictionary be the problem ? [snip of presumably copyright dictionary link]

Last edited by pdurrant; 04-27-2020 at 02:42 AM.
Glac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2020, 06:11 PM   #48
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glac View Post
Ok so I just deleted the line in the SQL.
The dictionary name appears when doing word lookup.
Yet, for any words, it returns nothing but "no available definition". However, it works when I look up for the word directly through the dictionary entry, which is a bit annoying for I have to write it. Do you have any idea ?
Not really, I'm afraid. As long as I remember to do a full reboot after installing any new "Extra" dictionaries mine have "just worked".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glac View Post
By the way, is there any way to prevent the synchronisation/update from erasing all dictionaries I would have put into the Kobo ?
I only use "Extra" dictionaries, so overwriting during sync never arises for me. There has been some recent discussion about making the dicthtml-xx.zip files read-only on the Kobo to prevent overwriting but I don't have any personal experience.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 02:33 PM   #49
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
It seems "dict-name" in "Extra:_xx dict-name" which I manually write into the database is not displayed in the dictionary menu in the latest firmware, it only displays "Extra:_xx" for all the extra dictionaries.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote