Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-04-2016, 07:01 AM   #46
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Thanks for this, it might be worth trying to switch then. I only have 175 books but I seriously doubt even one is available at Sainsburys.
I'd be very surprised if, out of 175 books, none was available. Is none published by a mainstream publisher?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:04 AM   #47
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Why would there be a dedicated section for LGBT?
Haven't the complaints always been that the LGBT community have been marginalised and shuttered off to the side, are people now unhappy that it's become mainstream and just lumped in with everything else.

OK, I'm taking the mick a bit, I suspect there isn't a dedicated section because Sainsbury's don't seem to deal with indies at all and the bigger publishers don't categorise books this way (Not even Tor).

On the plus side according the the FAQ's any books not transfered will get you a sainsbury's entertainment voucher, so you should be quids in. If you can't find any books you want there is movies and music instead.
I agree romance is romance regardless of the pairing, but a dedicated section is where both Amazon and Kobo place MM books so the lack of one probably means the books aren't on the Sainsburys site. None are sold by the Big 5 so again if Sainsbury doesn't take books from small publishers or self published then they won't have them either.

If I did get any Sainsburys vouchers (I do think this is remote) then I guess hubby could use them. I don't like digital only movies, I prefer DvDs but music (again hubby) is an option.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2016, 07:08 AM   #48
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'd be very surprised if, out of 175 books, none was available. Is none published by a mainstream publisher?
No, back then it was all Elora's Cave, Amber Allure (they are closing this month), Samhain, Loose ID and possibly Silver Publishing (he went bankupt)

To be honest as they all came from Fictionwise I don't really know all the publishers but MM Romance is not published by mainstream publishers with the exception of KJ Charles who has three books with Loveswept who I think are part of Penguin.

Last edited by Josieb1; 03-04-2016 at 07:11 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:00 AM   #49
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
To be honest as they all came from Fictionwise.
We'll have to wait and see what happens with books transferred to nook from Fictionwise. I've got no idea whether they'll give any credit for those - will they even have records of how much was paid?

I'll be signing up for the transfer. If I get any credit at all for non-transferred books, I'll be pleased.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:03 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
We'll have to wait and see what happens with books transferred to nook from Fictionwise. I've got no idea whether they'll give any credit for those - will they even have records of how much was paid?

I'll be signing up for the transfer. If I get any credit at all for non-transferred books, I'll be pleased.
Have you had an email yet? I haven't.
Advert
Old 03-04-2016, 08:04 AM   #51
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I had the initial email, but it does say the follow up one should be in under 10 days or so I think
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:06 AM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I can't remember whether my FW transfer was to the US or UK nook site. If it was the former, I guess I won't be getting an email .
Old 03-04-2016, 08:07 AM   #53
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Have you had an email yet? I haven't.
Umm... check your spam folder? (It's so easy to forget to do that.)
Old 03-04-2016, 08:09 AM   #54
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Umm... check your spam folder? (It's so easy to forget to do that.)
I've already done that .
Old 03-04-2016, 08:18 AM   #55
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
I can't remember whether my FW transfer was to the US or UK nook site. If it was the former, I guess I won't be getting an email .
Checking the MobileRead Archives, your account at Fictionwise was considered a US account, and your books got transferred to a nook US account.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:20 AM   #56
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Checking the MobileRead Archives, your account at Fictionwise was considered a US account, and your books got transferred to a nook US account.
Thank you very much for checking for me. Yes, that would have been because I had my address set to the US at FW, to bypass geographical restrictions. Our sins come back to haunt us!
Old 03-04-2016, 08:23 AM   #57
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Having checked some old posts, I see I was prescient:

"I don't have much faith in their future as a business."
Old 03-04-2016, 08:25 AM   #58
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Having checked some old posts, I see I was prescient:

"I don't have much faith in their future as a business."
They never really were a player in the UK market, though, were they? I can't recall ever having seen a nook "in the flesh" in this country.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #59
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
They never really were a player in the UK market, though, were they? I can't recall ever having seen a nook "in the flesh" in this country.
I've not only seen one, I own one!

But it was never able to show me all the books on my account! I think nook UK just couldn't cope with account having more than a couple of hundred books.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:50 AM   #60
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
I've not only seen one, I own one!
We got one too. It was my wife's entry into the eInk world after holding out for years. The basic Nook was on offer at a very cheap price. I think she only paid about £25 for it.

Now, of course, she's got a Kindle Paperwhite while I'm still gamely using my Sony PRS-650.

All the Fictionwise titles that made it across to B&N are in my Nook UK library, along with later purchases, mainly copies of Asimov's Magazine. It's going to be interesting how they handle to transfer to Sainsbury's, but I agree, it will be nice to be able to download without jumping through the hoops.

Except, of course, that Asimov's isn't available at Sainsbury's.

Here we go again.

I've just been reviewing this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...mov%27s&page=6

I think I'm right in thinking that if I subscribe to Asimov's through Amazon I could get it delivered to my wife's Paperwhite (through the library sharing feature) and from there get it transferred out via USB and via the usual route to convert to ePub for my Sony. Is anyone doing this?

Given that Dell are clearly happy to distribute the ePub DRM-free to B&N it's amazing how difficult everyone else makes it for us to read Asimov's in eInk!

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote