Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #46
VeggieCat
Bacon Enthusiast
VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VeggieCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10, Kindle Voyage, iPod Nano 7th gen (for audiobooks)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieWhere View Post
I've decided to buy a voyage
Congrats on your purchase! I love my Voyage and have never regretted spending the extra money over the Paperwhite. I hope you enjoy it!
VeggieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #47
AnnieWhere
AnnieWhere is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieCat View Post
Congrats on your purchase! I love my Voyage and have never regretted spending the extra money over the Paperwhite. I hope you enjoy it!
It's woth it, I love it!!!!
AnnieWhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2015, 04:16 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieWhere View Post
Hey guys
Thank you so so much for your massive feedback, your opinion and a lot of information. I've decided to buy a voyage – page turn when it's cold and weight seem a huge plus for me. Like they said in the other thread (thanks for the link, Brian): it's smaller and lighter. Yep it is, so big plus for me and my rare space in my all-day bag I must admit that I wanted to buy a paperwhite before I asked you. Now I am sure that the voyage will be my perfect e reader! I am so excited about it, I already ordered it and it will be mine in a few days!!!

@Harry: Sorry that I've posted in the wrong thread
If it's cold enough to need gloves, then it may be too cold to use your Reader. I would not want to risk damage just to read in the cold.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:42 PM   #49
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If it's cold enough to need gloves, then it may be too cold to use your Reader. I would not want to risk damage just to read in the cold.
I have used my old Sony PRS-500 outside when it was -20°C (-4 Fahrenheit).
The response from the screen was a little sluggish ...
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 04:53 PM   #50
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
If I remember the specs: an ereader will work well between 14 and 95 degrees. I do believe a human would need gloves at about 45 degrees. And most certainly at 32 degrees. So an ereader works at lower temperatures than a human does.
Note these are the F temps.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #51
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
If I remember the specs: an ereader will work well between 14 and 95 degrees. I do believe a human would need gloves at about 45 degrees. And most certainly at 32 degrees. So an ereader works at lower temperatures than a human does.
Note these are the F temps.
Hmm...I think the "gloves needed" temperature depends on the person. I was just outside talking to the neighbor for 20 minutes or so in a sweatshirt with no gloves, and the temperature is 38 degrees fahrenheit. I was quite comfortable. Of course, I live in New England, and we're used to colder weather than you are--I've seen people walking around in shorts at 45 degrees around here.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:58 AM   #52
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
I grew up in New England and lived there till I was almost 30. And I froze my butt off every winter, lol. I'm a wuss.
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:01 AM   #53
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Amazon specify the safe operating temperature for eInk Kindles to be 0 to 35C (32 to 95F). I suspect that most of us would prefer to be wearing gloves at 0C .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:07 AM   #54
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I suspect that most of us would prefer to be wearing gloves at 0C .
I would be among that group.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:09 AM   #55
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmurph View Post
I would be among that group.
Though, I confess...it's hard to find gloves for these huge furry paws.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:34 PM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I have used my old Sony PRS-500 outside when it was -20°C (-4 Fahrenheit).
The response from the screen was a little sluggish ...
I've used my 505 & 650 when it was cold outside. I didn't do it when I would have needed gloves. Yes, the screen was sluggish. I have not used my H2O in the cold. So I cannot say if Carta screens get sluggish in the cold.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote