Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #46
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Thankfully I have a rich inner lifeMONSTERS!GIANTLICE!EATINGMYBRAIN!THECRAWLINGBE ATERS!CAKEMIX!MONSTERS!and so the subject never comes up.
I think I can understand that. Yeah, I'm with you, Marc.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:33 PM   #47
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
we noticed that already. (that's why we love y'all...)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2008, 06:19 AM   #48
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
You'll find I already have one of those around here, called "pshrynk". He charges $300 an hour, but we have a deal - he doesn't charge me for listening, and I pick up the bar tab after one of our regular nights out.

Cheers,
Marc (you should come to one of my parties, Jerry; they're magnifantabulous)

Not true, he charges $300 an hour/60 ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #49
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:

Cheers,
Marc (you should come to one of my parties, Jerry; they're magnifantabulous)
Marc,
Dont think I will be making it to your neck of the Woods anytime soon but thanks.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:38 AM   #50
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Marc,
Dont think I will be making it to your neck of the Woods anytime soon but thanks.

JJ
Jerry, mate, you've, quite understandably, no idea of how amusingly redundant your protestation of geographic limitation is (and don't get me started on chronology).

Look, I'm sure others will fill you in. My Parties are so good, you just have to be (have been) there. When I say "have to", well...the others will explain.

Trust me, it's a good thing.

I think we might be due another Party. What say you all? I mean, the last was quite good for introductions, but really just "High Tea" on my scale of Party Fantabulosity.

Cheers,
Marc (stoking the fission reactors under the barbecue again)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #51
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

jerry, here's a lovely description of the last Party.*
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...575#post196575

yes marc, i agree, i think we're getting quite overdue for the next one. listen, i was busy all last week, but any time before that should be fine, and please do remember the guacamole and chocolate mole for those of us who consume no creepy-crawlies.

i'll have started stocking up on tabasco sause for the afterwards hangover remedies.

*another particularity of marc's parties : only known instances of a möbius strip with "another" side.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 07-05-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #52
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Marc,

JJ
Absolutely the poorest excuse I've ever read...

Quote:
Jerry, mate, you've, quite understandably, no idea of how amusingly redundant your protestation of geographic limitation is (and don't get me started on chronology).

Look, I'm sure others will fill you in. My Parties are so good, you just have to be (have been) there. When I say "have to", well...the others will explain.

Trust me, it's a good thing.

I think we might be due another Party. What say you all? I mean, the last was quite good for introductions, but really just "High Tea" on my scale of Party Fantabulosity.

Cheers,
Marc (stoking the fission reactors under the barbecue again)
Ok, will get the fencing made, packed, and the electrics kitted out...

Yeheheheheh Lets' Party...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:48 AM   #53
Jelis
Enthusiast
Jelis will become famous soon enoughJelis will become famous soon enoughJelis will become famous soon enoughJelis will become famous soon enoughJelis will become famous soon enoughJelis will become famous soon enoughJelis will become famous soon enough

Device: sony 505
New to karma 2cents

As a newcomer I most definitely must have given karma in the wrong places: one reads and reads on in a thread and then the impulse strikes you: XYZ deserves karma right then and there in that particular post, may be not that relevant to the whole of the idea or the advice or whatever.

I also gave karma without commenting, thinking most people did not want to read more messages than they have to.

Being new means also one reads many older posts, the poster might have forgotten he/she ever thought that thought!

I think the solution would be that all of you karma and comment lovers/haters etc. add an abbreviation to your pseudo, something like KCL,KnoCL or KCH would do the trick. Some of those might look cool too.

Have a good weekend all,
Jelis
Jelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:53 AM   #54
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelis View Post
As a newcomer I most definitely must have given karma in the wrong places: one reads and reads on in a thread and then the impulse strikes you: XYZ deserves karma right then and there in that particular post, may be not that relevant to the whole of the idea or the advice or whatever.
honestly, i don't think there is a "wrong" place to give karma. really, just follow your impulsions.

Quote:
I also gave karma without commenting, thinking most people did not want to read more messages than they have to.
this thread should, i imagine, have set you straight about that. but again, it's really up to your own discretion whether you want to comment or no.

Quote:
Being new means also one reads many older posts, the poster might have forgotten he/she ever thought that thought!
the beauty of karma is, if you click the name of the thread the karma was given for, it takes you to the specific post rewarded. which is lucky, because i am frequently quite surprised to re-discover posts that i have apparently written only the day before.

Quote:
I think the solution would be that all of you karma and comment lovers/haters etc. add an abbreviation to your pseudo, something like KCL,KnoCL or KCH would do the trick. Some of those might look cool too.

Have a good weekend all,
Jelis
well, i'm sure the there are plenty of people who are looking for any opportunity to amend obscure abbreviations to their signatures... it could turn out to be quite amusing.. however i predict that the only people interested in that will add "KCL" if i've interpreted your system correctly... so my advice to you is the same as before, just do whatever pleases you...

(we now return you to your regularly-scheduled digression.)
Old 07-05-2008, 09:04 AM   #55
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
jerry, here's a lovely description of the last Party.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...575#post196575
Ah, yes, my dear Adrian...I don't know what I'd do without him (probably have to beat up the chimpanzees and shake them down for banana daiquiris myself!).

Quote:
yes marc, i agree, i think we're getting quite overdue for the next one. listen, i was busy all last week, but any time before that should be fine,
Excellent. I have placed a tentative trouser-leg of time in that vicinity, though it is not sewn-up, so can easily be retrofitted or futurofitted into the appropriate milieu.

Quote:
and please do remember the guacamole and chocolate mole for those of us who consume no creepy-crawlies.
Of course, of course. You realise though that both species of mole put up such a fight and make such a mess under the tenderising mallet? It's no problem, of course, my Queen; I just like to keep my guests informed of their preferred menu choices at all stages of production.

I am already informed by my culinary consultant that the amuse bouche this time will have the most exquisite mouth feel, just so long as he can source enough properly-cleaned and de-nematocysted Irukandji.

Quote:
i'll have started stocking up on tabasco sause for the afterwards hangover remedies.
...and I on Zany Carter ingredients!

Cheers,
Marc
Old 07-05-2008, 09:12 AM   #56
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelis View Post
Jelis, it is most important not to fret over such matters. You gave karma when you felt it deserved, and, in the end, it matters not the "how", but only that you sent a little positive thought someone's way.

As the Wisest One and High Priest of MR, Alexander Turic, himself said...

"Hey, you got some lovin', you gotta share it with the universe, man! It don' matter the laws; it just the cause, hon'child. Karma away 'til your spirit soars, sugar. Ain't nothin' wrong if it feels so right, baby"

(Note, I may have paraphrased Alexander a little)

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 07-05-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:15 AM   #57
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
As the Wisest One and High Priest of MR, Alexander Turic, himself said...

"Hey, you got some lovin', you gotta share it with the universe, man! It don' matter the laws; it just the cause, hon'child. Karma away 'til your spirit sours, sugar. Ain't nothin' wrong if it feels so right, baby"

(Note, I may have paraphrased Alexander a little)

Cheers,
Marc
à peine. ("ever so slightly")

but you paraphrase so beautifully, i'm sure no-one could ever mind.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:54 PM   #58
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Marc's parties are|have been|will be|might be|should be|should have already been unique events in and of themselves. Everything you are|have been|will be|could have been|should have been wrapped up in an old kit bag|bonded in bond|smoked in a pipe|taxed|folded|duty free and easy. Many have attended|will attend|been attended to wearing nothing but a hat|a speedo (please not again Marc)|their birthday suit|doggie diapers. For your enjoyment (and future salvation) Marc has provided|will provide on demand|has already ordered|just ran out of pizza|peanut butter|club soda with a lime|fire hydrants|bull and buggy whips. Like the intro for "Cheers", here everybody DOES know your name|names and what you have done|not done|been charged with. Just because your photo is published in the society pages of the paper|on the police station walls|on the Internet|in Playboy|in Playgirl|in Plaything|in Play for Keeps|in Fortune Hunter|in TV Guide|in Crimes of the Century is no reason for others to shun you, in fact they will most likely greet you warmly|draw their weapons first|take the next flight out|find their own fire hydrant. So to those that don't remember that they have already attended, come on in, the water's fine.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #59
zelda_pinwheel

nobody has|will have|could have said it better, Wood.

someone should start a wiki page for marc's parties. you know, to help the n00bs.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:50 PM   #60
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Be careful with the cheese balls and keep an eye on that gibbon (and your intestines/spleen).
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness