Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-23-2015, 02:09 PM   #46
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Different market places, different regions, different official versions. Its always been that way with Kobo.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:50 AM   #47
barobach_so
Connoisseur
barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.

Device: kobo h2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post

I will look for how to change the remaining keys on the top row when I get a chance, which will allow a few more letters to be added.
hi
I looked at keyboard and understood that the numbers key 1,2...0 remain same in Eng and Persian keyboard. ( change key doesn't do anything to them ) even in shift mode

there is a sign (#&+) to type symbols in English keyboard maybe its better to replace some of useless symbols there
(numbers in symbols keyboard doesn't change neither)
barobach_so is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #48
barobach_so
Connoisseur
barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.barobach_so knows what's going on.

Quote:
I don't think that is possible, the shift key doesn't display a seperate keypad, but just toggles the case of the keys on the current keypad. So if the language doesn't have upper and lower case then the shift key has no effect.

I will look for how to change the remaining keys on the top row when I get a chance, which will allow a few more letters to be added.
Hi Geoffr
anything done with your project ?
Old 03-16-2015, 08:35 PM   #49
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by barobach_so View Post
Hi Geoffr
anything done with your project ?
I've updated the keyboard template patch in post #34 to include most of the other keys in the top row of the keyboard.

If someone can use the new template to create a more complete Arabic, Hebrew, and Turkish keyboards then post them here and I'll add links to them in the "more patches" section of post #2.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:59 AM   #50
barobach_so
Connoisseur

Quote:
I've updated the keyboard template patch in post #34 to include most of the other keys in the top row of the keyboard.

If someone can use the new template to create a more complete Arabic, Hebrew, and Turkish keyboards then post them here and I'll add links to them in the "more patches" section of post #2.
hi
thank you GeoffR

this is a Persian ( also Arabic ) keyboard made by your privious work include four extra character in Persian ( پ چ ژ گ ), I tried to replace correct form with ًQWERTY template
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Persian keyboard`
patch_enable = `yes`
# Enable uppercase for `ß` key
replace_bytes = 90726C, 00 24, 01 24
# Replace layout sign
replace_string = D6C4F8, `ÉÀÇ`, `FA/EN`
# Change keyboard layout
base_address = D6C418
# Top row
replace_string = 0000, `æ\0`, `ض`
replace_string = 0030, `œ\0`, `ش`
# Second row
replace_string = 0004, `à\0`, `ص`
replace_string = 0008, `è\0`, `ث`
replace_string = 000C, `ì\0`, `ق`
replace_string = 0010, `ò\0`, `ف`
replace_string = 0014, `ù\0`, `غ`
replace_string = 0018, `á\0`, `ع`
replace_string = 001C, `é\0`, `ه`
replace_string = 0020, `í\0`, `خ`
replace_string = 0024, `ó\0`, `ح`
replace_string = 0028, `ú\0`, `ج`
replace_string = 002C, `ý\0`, `چ`
# Third row
replace_string = 0034, `â\0`, `س`
replace_string = 0038, `ê\0`, `ی`
replace_string = 003C, `î\0`, `ب`
replace_string = 0040, `ô\0`, `ل`
replace_string = 0044, `û\0`, `ا`
replace_string = 0048, `ä\0`, `ت`
replace_string = 004C, `ë\0`, `ن`
replace_string = 0050, `ï\0`, `م`
replace_string = 0054, `ö\0`, `ک`
replace_string = 0058, `ü\0`, `گ`
replace_string = 005C, `ÿ\0`, `پ`
# Bottom row
replace_string = 0060, `ã\0`, `ظ`
replace_string = 0064, `ñ\0`, `ط`
replace_string = 0068, `õ\0`, `ز`
replace_string = 006C, `å\0`, `ر`
replace_string = 0070, `ß\0`, `ذ`
replace_string = 0074, `ç\0`, `د`
replace_string = 0078, `đ\0`, `ٸ`
replace_string = 007C, `ø\0`, `و`
replace_string = 0080, `ij\0`, `ء`
replace_string = 0084, `ł\0`, `ژ`
</Patch>`
here is the pic:

but still have a question
in your code these extra lines refer to the numbers ? (refer to which part of the keyboard)

base_address = D6E8E4
# Top row, position 3-5 from left
replace_string = 0004, `þ\0`, `þ`
replace_string = 0008, `š\0`, `š`
replace_string = 000C, `ž\0`, `ž`
# Top row, position 7-10 from left
replace_string = 0000, `ƒ\0`, `ƒ`
replace_string = 0010, `μ\0`, `μ`
replace_string = 0014, `ª\0`, `ª`
replace_string = 0018, `º\0`, `º`

since I changed my keyboard I can't match them with original places
and after this line "base_address = D6C418 " (line 21 ) everything is the same as privious template

Last edited by barobach_so; 03-18-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Advert
Old 03-18-2015, 11:46 PM   #51
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, I didn't know that the H2O (Aura HD too?) has a different keyboard layout to the Glo.

It might be that someone with a H2O will need to work out a patch, as I only have a Glo to experiment with.

Edit: If the the top row of numerals on the H2O "ÉÀÇ" keypad are the same keys as on the "ABC" keypad, the it is probably not possible to change them without affecting both keypads.

Could someone post a pic of the unpatched H2O or AuraHD "ÉÀÇ" keypad so I can compare with the Glo's?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unpatched2.png
Views:	499
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	136150  

Last edited by GeoffR; 03-18-2015 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:33 AM   #52
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I hadn't noticed the difference between the Glo and Aura H2O keyboards either.

Attached screenshots of the five different keyboards (main upper and lower, symbols, accents upper and lower) on the Aura H2O when using the search. Of course, I just remembered there is a different layout for multi-line line entry fields such as the annotation entry. It only the main keyboard that is different and it replaces the ".com" with a return key.

And of course the "Go" changes to "Save" and possibly other words in different places.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AuraH2O-KB-Accents-Upper.png
Views:	509
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	136151   Click image for larger version

Name:	AuraH2O-KB-Accents-Lower.png
Views:	532
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	136152   Click image for larger version

Name:	AuraH2O-KB-Symbols.png
Views:	550
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	136153   Click image for larger version

Name:	AuraH2O-KB-Main-Upper.png
Views:	507
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	136154   Click image for larger version

Name:	AuraH2O-KB-Main-Lower.png
Views:	482
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	136155  

Last edited by davidfor; 03-19-2015 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Checked the annotations keyboard and confirmed the key change.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:01 AM   #53
barobach_so
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I hadn't noticed the difference between the Glo and Aura H2O keyboards either.

Attached screenshots of the five different keyboards (main upper and lower, symbols, accents upper and lower) on the Aura H2O when using the search. Of course, I just remembered there is a different layout for multi-line line entry fields such as the annotation entry. It only the main keyboard that is different and it replaces the ".com" with a return key.

And of course the "Go" changes to "Save" and possibly other words in different places.
hi Davidfor
thanks for your pics
save me to unpatch my H2O
if you count the characters H2O has 34 ( 2 row of 12 and a 1 row of 10 ) and Glo has 42 ( 2 row of 11 and 2 row 10 decussate ) characters in keyboard
Old 03-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #54
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by barobach_so View Post
hi Davidfor
thanks for your pics
save me to unpatch my H2O
if you count the characters H2O has 34 ( 2 row of 12 and a 1 row of 10 ) and Glo has 42 ( 2 row of 11 and 2 row 10 decussate ) characters in keyboard
My count is 44 for the H2O ( 2x10, 2x12 ) for a total of 44.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:39 PM   #55
barobach_so
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
My count is 44 for the H2O ( 2x10, 2x12 ) for a total of 44.
hi
I think maybe you are wrong

talking about "ÉÀÇ" keyboard not "ABC" ( English )
one row u count 123-0 is the same in both "ÉÀÇ" and "ABC" and only 32 char. change
but it seems all the characters change in "ÉÀÇ" mode in Glo
as it shown in the picture Geofrr and Davidfor uploaded.

firmware 3.12.1

Last edited by barobach_so; 03-19-2015 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:31 AM   #56
GeoffR
Wizard

I've updated the Cyrillic keyboard patch in post #34 again, but just to re-arrange the patch and comments to make it clear that there are two different keyboard layouts, and that the extra letters on the top row can only be replaced on the Touch/Mini/Glo/Aura devices. I can't find a way to change the top row of numerals on the Aura HD/H2O keyboards.

Last edited by GeoffR; 03-20-2015 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:14 AM   #57
barobach_so
Connoisseur

Quote:
I've updated the Cyrillic keyboard patch in post #34 again, but just to re-arrange the patch and comments to make it clear that there are two different keyboard layouts, and that the extra letters on the top row can only be replaced on the Touch/Mini/Glo/Aura devices. I can't find a way to change the top row of numerals on the Aura HD/H2O keyboards.
hi
Thank you again