Sony 38 17.35%
Kobo tablet 2 0.91%
Kobo e-ink 66 30.14%
iPad 13 5.94%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #46
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
I use my kindle 4nontouch for any long term reading. But if I'm at work, I'll bring my nexus 7 along and watch some anime, read for 30 minutes, work for 10 minutes, rinse and repeat.
But yeah, for multi-hour reading, it's the kindle, with buttons! :-)
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:42 PM   #47
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
I use my kindle 4nontouch for any long term reading. But if I'm at work, I'll bring my nexus 7 along and watch some anime, read for 30 minutes, work for 10 minutes, rinse and repeat.
I want a job like yours.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #48
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I want a job like yours.
In the Netherlands, you can have a job like that if you get into night time surveillance, where you mainly keep an eye on some camera's and check if the alarm system is still online.

You have to be content with crap working hours and minimum wage though.

Last edited by Katsunami; 12-31-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:48 PM   #49
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
In the Netherlands, you can havea job like that if you get into night time surveillance, where you mainly keep an eye on some camera's and check if the alarm system is still online.

I want to get paid well and work the hours I want, so I guess I am out of luck.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #50
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Rumor is the next Paperwhite will have page-turning haptic "buttons". It's said to be due to arrive in the second quarter of 2014.

http://www.geek.com/chips/2014-kindl...ttons-1578180/
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2013, 04:58 PM   #51
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Nook tablet, since I read more often on the Nook HD, but my Sony T1 is used almost as much.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #52
Fanchee
Connoisseur
Fanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notes

Device: Aura H20, PRS-350, Kobo Aura HD
I was a Kindle lover until I got my Kobo Aura HD. I voted Kobo, I love the customization of it, and prefer ePub.
Fanchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #53
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
In the Netherlands, you can have a job like that if you get into night time surveillance, where you mainly keep an eye on some camera's and check if the alarm system is still online.

Exactly. Part time security is easy, but not a lot of money.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:03 PM   #54
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I want to get paid well and work the hours I want, so I guess I am out of luck.
And I want to win the lottery, so I guess we're both out of luck
Old 12-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #55
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Exactly. Part time security is easy, but not a lot of money.
I know. Had that as a side job while studying.

Learned a lot there (not about security). Nothing unexpected ever happened. (Where did I hear that before? )
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #56
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
I've gone back to mainly reading on 7" tablets. The newer tablets are lighter and comfortable to hold and most of my reading time is divided pretty equally between a Nexus 7 and Nook HD. Read one and then the next day read the other, while charging the first one. All my reading applications sync so it works out well.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #57
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Going back to my earlier musings on phones as readers...I thought maybe a larger phone than mine (3") would be fine, so I tested out my mom's iphone 5 today (4") and my answer is, no. It's still way too narrow for my taste. So I'll stick with the devices I have.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:32 PM   #58
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
My phone is also 4.1" and I hate trying to read on it. Maybe if my eyesight allowed me to use a miniscule font, but I can't. Not to mention how fast Android phones drain their batteries makes it useless to me as a reader.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #59
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Though I like my Aura HD, I have voted for my Ipad Mini :-)
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:35 AM   #60
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Kindle eInk for me - Kindle Paperwhite now, Kindle Keyboard before that.

I wouldn't say no thanks if someone wanted to give me an Aura HD as a present, as I keep being tempted by its slightly larger screen on a regular basis, but not tempted enough to spend 200 € on it. And I do love my Paperwhite very much.

I've read one or two books on my iPad 3 but it just doesn't work for me very well. I find it impossible to find a good balance (for me) between having a backlit screen be dim enough that it doesn't make my eyes water and still have enough contrast that I can see comfortably. Turning the light down enough, as most people recommend, just means I can't really make out the letters well enough on sepia background (the only one even remotely usable for me for longer-term reading).
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote