Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you carry your (eInk or LCD) eReader everywhere?
Yes, it's my security blanket. I have bought purses/jackets/clothing around my need to carry it at all times. 87 32.58%
Yes. Well, most of the time. I'm not as obsessive as the people in Option 1. 89 33.33%
About 50/50 for me. The people in Option 1 and 2 are pretty extreme. I like pina coladas. 39 14.61%
Not really. I didn't vote in Option 3 because I thought it sounded kind of sanctimonious. 34 12.73%
No, I keep my eReader at home, often in a locked safe. If I don't take the wrapper off, it will accrue in value. 9 3.37%
Dear madam, these poll options are dreadful, and additionally I have a kipper in my ear. 19 7.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2012, 01:16 AM   #46
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
My iPod Touch is always with me, so I can read anywhere that I have time. Since the iPod is so convenient to carry, my Nooks don't get to leave the house much.
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #47
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Before my ereader, I always carried a book with me. There may be a chance to get a few minutes to read in the most unexpected places.
This. The eReader is easier to carry than a book, particularly the little Libre Pro.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #48
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
It goes back and forth to work with me everyday. But it stays in my large bag in the car if I stop to go grocery shopping or something similar. But if I ever stop at the Chinese takeout place, I'm sure I'd take it with me inside (I used to web surf on my phone when waiting there before).
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #49
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
My e-readers fit in any bag which I take outside, so the 650 goes everywhere with me; the 505 is a homebody and is just waiting for the day the 650 gets lost/stolen/run over. Any opportunity to read - I'm taking it!

Espresso doppia.

Any chance of upgrading the kipper to a babel fish?
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:29 PM   #50
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Since my shopping list is on the tablet side, I pretty much never leave it at home, even if I doubt I'll have time to read -- you never really know though, do you?

I also do take it from room to room with me.
I use my PE for my shopping list, as well. I also put all my e-cookbooks on it, so recipe ingredients are handy in the grocery store.

Also, its audio on it is good enough that I can listen to books while I'm out running short errands in the car. On long trips, I use CDs, though.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #51
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecE View Post
Any chance of upgrading the kipper to a babel fish?
Nah, they can't be changed once posted, but I am a big Hitchhiker fan, so here is your geek-cred fist bump.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #52
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Anywhere I expect an unpaid break/wait (I am not permitted to read if on the clock, even if I am waiting).
I even read my PEz in the lunchroom at Lab126
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #53
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
I voted "No" along with the locked safe comment. Mainly because, when I'm out of the house, if I wish to read, I'll read on my phone with the Kindle app. Now, thanks to Amazon's new tools, I can read any book on the phone, even if it didn't originate from Amazon. Get home, sync back to the Kindle and I'm right where I was on the phone. Loverly!

So, the e-reader stays safe at home (hey, I've broken 3 ... or maybe it was 4 ... all while the reader was out of the house). Not really in a locked safe - but it was the only poll option that fit.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #54
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalynn View Post
I usually carry my ereader in my purse. I bought one around the time I first got my ereader that just so happened to be the perfect size (really, it was an accident, I swear. I would never buy a purse based around carrying my ereader. Really.) If I have to use a smaller purse for whatever reason, I make sure to sync whatever book I'm reading with the appropriate app on my iphone so I can having something to read just in case.

Ever since I got my reader in '07, I've bought my purses to fit my reader. My reader doesn't fit, I don't buy it.

Last edited by BeccaAnn; 01-15-2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: added quote
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #55
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I make sure to buy purses to fit my readers, too. My 350 is small enough that purse size is not really ever a problem, though.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #56
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I make sure to buy purses to fit my readers, too. My 350 is small enough that purse size is not really ever a problem, though.
I did it the other way around. one of the reasons I bought my Libre Pro was because I wanted an eReader that would fit in my purse.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #57
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
I usually carry my e-book reader in my purse. So, yes, I usually carry it everywhere. Before e-book readers, I usually carried a book in my purse. In fact, I still do carry a dead tree book with me most of the time.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #58
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Yes, always with me, in my pocket. To be perfectly honest, it only lacks being waterproof to be always with me.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #59
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Of course I carry it everywhere! Otherwise when would I read? I read on the metro, train, plane, any kind of transportation, much more than at home. I don't drive, as you can probably tell. The only case (apart from forgetting to put it in my purse ) when I don't always take it is when I go grocery shopping, because I do it on foot and I don't read in the checkout line.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #60
Gus Flory
Enthusiast
Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!Gus Flory rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
I took mine to Iraq. It's my precious.
Gus Flory is offline   Reply With Quote