Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #46
genome2k
Enthusiast
genome2k began at the beginning.

Device: iRex ILIAD
I have an 2.12 firmware.

I have renamed the installer folder to "abiword-installer" and copy it on to the SD card. But it still doesn't install. And I can see a crossed box icon which I guess it means the system doesn't recognize the .ipk extension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Open the file Firmware_Script in Notepad. Change 2.11 to 2.12 and it will install without a problem.
Hey Adam I can't find this file where is it?
genome2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:39 AM   #47
renushan
Enthusiast
renushan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
I have changed the installer name, changed the firmware_script and all that. Still when installed, it just says "Abiword installed. Please restart." or words to that effect. The .doc files are not launched and there is no entry by which we could launch the program. My firmware version is 2.12. Someone please help a person who knows nothing about linux or coding.
renushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2008, 03:38 AM   #48
renushan
Enthusiast
renushan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Also, I placed the abiword installer on the CF root and installed - ILIAD kept restarting. So I had to completely flash everything out - but I saw Abiword entry in the Programs - but it didn't run. What should I do for this?
renushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #49
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Still working?

Hi,
Sorry to reawaken an old thread.

I want to install Word-reading feature on my Iliad-BE. However i dont see abiword listed in the iliad software sticky list.

Is this still a working version for iliadv2/iliad-be? If anyone has used if in these devices please do comment.

Also Adam, can you update this into the iliad-softwares list(i know that you had written this as beta but still its a nice feature)?

Thanks
hari
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #50
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry to say..for now this seems a dead end.

Tried to use abiword on the iliad-be.

Abiword installed alright, but still said i had to restart the iliad even after the restart.
Abiword showed up in the uninstall list though.
I tried to click on a doc file, abiword started, saw the splash screen, then a blank white screen and nothing else. menus showed up for stylus clicks, but no action was possible and screen did not refresh properly and could not close/exit out of abiword and iliad kept restarting.

So have now uninstalled it.
Advert
Old 04-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #51
rhari79
Addict

I am still not ready to give up on this; I used adam's abiwordcf.zip to run abiword without installation. However for whatsoever reason the run.sh doesnt startup. Be it whether i run from contentlister or from mrxvt.

On running run.sh from mrxvt, i seem to be errors: cannot cd to ../abiwordcf or something like that.

However if i manually export the lib paths and run the binary, it starts up well, but memory possibly limits its usage.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #52
rhari79
Addict

At last just about got this to work. Leafpad seemed to have inserted CRLF into the run.sh that I had edited to add the xepdmgr.
I chose to add the xepdmgr because some of the menus are not refreshed. xepdmgr seems to refresh the screen after the menu is selected, so no overlapping streaks of menus.

I was able to open and edit a small doc file, but not an rtf file or a fairly big doc(~1 mb) file.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:37 AM   #53
Gonzo62
Gonzo62 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad Book Edition
I bought my iRex iLiad in December 2009, apparently there's V2.21 on it. At least Abireader is telling me this and it does not install. Can I edit "Firmware_Script" or will it not work on my device?
Gonzo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:28 AM   #54
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo62 View Post
I bought my iRex iLiad in December 2009, apparently there's V2.21 on it. At least Abireader is telling me this and it does not install. Can I edit "Firmware_Script" or will it not work on my device?
yes, you should change the version number of the script to match your device.

Anyway, v2.21? I thought last one was 2.12.1...

Cheers,
Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:32 PM   #55
Gonzo62
Gonzo62 began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad Book Edition
Yeeees, you are right, it was a typo, of course my firmware is 2.12.1

Now I changed the script and it installed fine. But after a restart I noticed that it created on mmc card the folder /programs but this folder is empty and I can not run abiword nor can I open word documents.
Gonzo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:48 AM   #56
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Probably very stupid question: I want to install Abiword, but how and where do I get an upgrade to 2.11, as I have 2.12?
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #57
stevetuf
iRex iLiad enthusiast
stevetuf began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Hey Adam, Abiword and Minipad both say they are installed. Osmo and Newlister don't work because they are suffering from needing firmware 2.11 (I have 2.12, build 21200, kernel 2.4.19-rmk7-pxa2-irex1 #21200), none of any of these applications work. I have managed to install mrvxt and FBreader successfully. Any suggestions as to what I can do?
stevetuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:42 AM   #58
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetuf View Post
Hey Adam, Abiword and Minipad both say they are installed. Osmo and Newlister don't work because they are suffering from needing firmware 2.11 (I have 2.12, build 21200, kernel 2.4.19-rmk7-pxa2-irex1 #21200), none of any of these applications work. I have managed to install mrvxt and FBreader successfully. Any suggestions as to what I can do?
Afaik there is no Osmo port for the Iliad.
You can find a Newlister version 1.0.5 which works on Iliad v2.12.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #59
stevetuf
iRex iLiad enthusiast
stevetuf began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Thanks Iņigo!
I have managed to install many things. Newlister now works and I also have the DJVU reader. Sadly, when I installed the Newlister, the FBReader in the Registry stopped working. So something is messed up there. I am a firm believer in keeping at something and eventually it will all work out, so I am now going to try and get Abiword working too. Really all I ever wanted was for the RTF files to be readable because that's the closest to getting stuff written in MS Word out to a book reader. I am getting there. Thanks for all your support!
stevetuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #60
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetuf View Post
Thanks Iņigo!
I have managed to install many things. Newlister now works and I also have the DJVU reader. Sadly, when I installed the Newlister, the FBReader in the Registry stopped working. So something is messed up there. I am a firm believer in keeping at something and eventually it will all work out, so I am now going to try and get Abiword working too. Really all I ever wanted was for the RTF files to be readable because that's the closest to getting stuff written in MS Word out to a book reader. I am getting there. Thanks for all your support!
Abiword port is practically an experiment, but not much usable (free screen room for contents, speed, needs stylus to advance pages, etc).

If you have lots of .rtf files convert them to .pdf, the reading experience would be a huge better. Under Linux, you could use something like unoconv (based on openoffice) to batch convert from .rtf format to .pdf.