Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-02-2024, 03:29 PM   #46
gforgiraffe39935
Connoisseur
gforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook, Kobo, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Unfortunately, I uninstalled the Nook app shortly after the initial failure, which deleted all the downloads from appdata.
Can you restore from a Windows backup? I am not too familiar with Windows backup / recovery, but that could be a way to put the program back on your computer.

To clarify my previous post: I purchased ($0.00 free) several books to confirm that DeDRM still works. It's just that my Windows NOOK app library took several tries to update the library to download the newly purchased books, and I got errors a few times before they downloaded.

It reminds me of how the June 2024 discontinued NOOK HDs and GlowLights were behaving in May 2024 before being entirely cut off.
gforgiraffe39935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 03:38 PM   #47
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I have the appx file still saved, so I'll see if I can reinstall it.

EDIT: Installation fails. Error code 0x80070003.

ANOTHER EDIT: I fixed it.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-02-2024 at 03:42 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2024, 04:00 PM   #48
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, got it all working. I downloaded a couple of previous eBooks. Opening them directly in 7zip (instead of importing into Calibre first) and I see rights.xml and encryption.xml.

in rights.xml, I'm seeing a <encryptedKey keyInfo="passHash"> with 64 chars.

Importing to Calibre worked after I re-imported the Nook PassHash key to DeDRM. I'm not sure if this is a side effect of uninstalling and reinstalling, or something else.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-02-2024 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-02-2024, 04:19 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Okay, got it all working. I downloaded a couple of previous eBooks. Opening them directly in 7zip (instead of importing into Calibre first) and I see rights.xml and encryption.xml.

in rights.xml, I'm seeing a <encryptedKey keyInfo="passHash"> with 64 chars.

Importing to Calibre worked after I re-imported the Nook PassHash key to DeDRM. I'm not sure if this is a side effect of uninstalling and reinstalling, or something else.
Did you install the version of DeDRM that I linked? That will get the correct key if you don't already have it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 05:08 PM   #50
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I already had it installed I think.
Advert
Old 06-02-2024, 05:14 PM   #51
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I installed the alpha that Jon recommended. I got the same result when I try to open a Nook ePub in Calibre. The book opens, but the attached is what I see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 5.09.47 PM.png
Views:	12
Size:	289.9 KB
ID:	208655  
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2024, 05:16 PM   #52
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Since it worked for me, try re-adding the PassHash key in the DeDRM settings. DeDRM_ADE PassHash Key_Help.htm will help with that.
Old 06-02-2024, 05:24 PM   #53
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have been trying other Nook books, to test this out. Calibre works fine with them. It appears to be some problem with this one specific eBook only. I have tried deleting the file and downloading it again. Still the same result!
Old 06-03-2024, 04:17 AM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I installed the alpha that Jon recommended. I got the same result when I try to open a Nook ePub in Calibre. The book opens, but the attached is what I see.
On that computer, do you have the nook app from the Windows store installed? It needs to be on that computer so it can read the key. If the nook app is installed on another computer, you'll need to install the alpha DeDRM on that computer with calibre to get the key and then you can export the key and import it to the other computer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 07:35 AM   #55
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
On that computer, do you have the nook app from the Windows store installed? It needs to be on that computer so it can read the key. If the nook app is installed on another computer, you'll need to install the alpha DeDRM on that computer with calibre to get the key and then you can export the key and import it to the other computer.
I somehow missed the part about needing the Nook app installed as well. I will check that out.

On the other hand, my problem affects only one eBook so far and not any others I have downloaded. That's the weird part.
Old 06-03-2024, 10:16 AM   #56
gforgiraffe39935
Connoisseur
gforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheesegforgiraffe39935 can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook, Kobo, Kindle
This is probably not helpful...but I got the NOOK key from an Android app emulation a couple of years ago and set it up with the DeDRM on a Mac. After the Android app emulation stopped pulling my newer purchases, I just used the Windows NOOK app on my husband's computers to get my purchases. I never bothered generating a new key and it has always worked. I use multiple Windows computers to get the books and it always worked and continues to work.
gforgiraffe39935 is offline   Reply With Quote