Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-05-2022, 10:49 PM   #46
xpedro
xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.xpedro has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorka View Post
For what it's worth, I can confirm it is working on Aura H2O and Mini. Both on 4.33.19759
nice. i don't know if this would be possible and according to the forum rules, but it would be great if someone could ask a moderator to change the thread title, making it clear that this method works on most of the Kobos, not only the Libra 2. it would be useful for much more people i guess.
xpedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:58 AM   #47
Giorgina
Giorgina began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo libra H20
Question Blank page

Hello.
I made the changes on my Libra H20 but after the dropbox page, I only get a blank screen with "loading" at the top.
Can you help please?
I have KOreadeR if it changes anything.

Here is the code in the eReader.conf :
Code:
dropbox_link_account_poll=
https://authorize.kobo.com/{region}/{language}/LinkDropbox
eula_page="https://www.kobo.com/termsofuse?style=onestore"
featured_list=https://storeapi.kobo.com/v1/products/featured/{FeaturedListId}
featured_lists=https://storeapi.kobo.com/v1/products/featured
feedback=
fte_feedback=https://storeapi.kobo.com/v1/products/ftefeedback
image_host=//kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net/
image_url_quality_template=https://kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net/{ImageId}/{Width}/{Height}/{Quality}/{IsGreyscale}/image.jpg
image_url_template=https://kbimages1-a.akamaihd.net/{ImageId}/{Width}/{Height}/false/image.jpg
kobo_audiobooks_credit_redemption=False
kobo_audiobooks_enabled=True
kobo_dropbox_link_account_enabled=True
Giorgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2022, 06:27 AM   #48
Zorka
Enthusiast
Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Mini(5), Kobo Touch, Kobo H2O, Poke2, Pocketbook Color, Remarkabl
try putting "https://authorize.kobo.com/{region}/{language}/LinkDropbox" on the same line as "dropbox_link_account_poll="

meaning, try to remove the carrige return after "dropbox_link_account_poll="
Zorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:36 PM   #49
Giorgina
Giorgina began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo libra H20
Thumbs up

Thank you Zorka, it was the problem!

And thank you too xpedro for your work, it's faster than KOreader Sync to Dropbox.
Giorgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 07:30 AM   #50
steveparry
Connoisseur
steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steveparry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I cannot figure out how to set this up via my MacBook M1 and Libra H2O... I think I would need a video as I don't use 'config' files, whatever they are! Are there any videos for non-coders on setting this up? Thank you.
steveparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2022, 03:34 AM   #51
jaceygan
Enthusiast
jaceygan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
This works great for Kobo Aura One too!
jaceygan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 11:39 AM   #52
digitaleye
digitaleye began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Greetings
I followed the procedure and I see NichelMenù in my Kobo Libra.
However, I cannot create the menu with the various items, including DropBox: can you please transcribe the exact text with the various strings and specify where I should insert it in Kobo? thank you!!!!!
digitaleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 04:05 AM   #53
digitaleye

Quote:
Originally Posted by clisboa View Post
Hi, I tried this on a Clara and it wasn't working initially.
So I looked at the logs and saw something complaining about URL empty.
I remembered there seeing a setting in the Kobo Ereader.conf file regarding dropbox. Added the link there and it worked just fine after that
Not sure others will have the same problem as mine as been messed arround a bit over the years
Hi Clisboa, could you post your entire config file here including the Dropbox line? Then where does this file go inside Kobo? Thank you
Old 10-13-2022, 06:23 AM   #54
digitaleye

Hello
this is my configuration file for Kobo Libra. It's correct?
and where does it go inside the reader?
thank you

Old 10-13-2022, 08:12 AM   #55
Zorka
Enthusiast
Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Zorka is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

KOBOereader is the name where your e-reader is mounted on your PC (this may vary if you're on Windows, Mac, Linux, .....)
In there you'll have an hidden folder .adds (on mac you'll not see this unless you activated to see hidden files). In that folder, you'll need a folder nm and in that folder the "config" file.
Being at work, I don't have my reader with me, but you should be able to find everything you need in this thread.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:17 AM   #56
Zorka
Enthusiast

Also, edit the file with texteditor on mac, seems you are editing in RTF instead of plain text
Old 10-06-2023, 04:53 AM   #57
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
Is there a similar solution to get Google Drive working?
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 03:59 PM   #58
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
No. NickelMenu would need an update to support that, assuming the Nia/Clara/Libra firmware has hidden Google Drive support, as is the case for Dropbox.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 06:19 AM   #59
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
No. NickelMenu would need an update to support that, assuming the Nia/Clara/Libra firmware has hidden Google Drive support, as is the case for Dropbox.
It has. A Nickelmenu update to integrate Google Drive support would be fantastic.

Last edited by aceflor; 10-14-2023 at 10:27 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 06:10 AM   #60
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
kepub is not supported. That's a pitty. I guess there is no mod to get kepub upload supported!?
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote