Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-29-2022, 02:44 PM   #46
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcatalex View Post
https://www.techradar.com/news/a-new...my-pc-any-more

This is interesting, are they referring to the recent UI change or are they referring to the rumored store UI change...? Or what?
Everything that article described points to the recent UI change. And they themselves don't know what's new. It's all speculation. They're probably trying to fill an article quota for the week
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 01:21 AM   #47
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K4B, KPW3, KOA3, KF7 (2019)
Just checked my Kindle 4 Black, I am finally seeing the message about Kindle Store discontinuation... butttt it's actually in the Kindle Store!
Badcatalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2022, 06:28 PM   #48
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Quote:
Just checked my Kindle 4 Black, I am finally seeing the message about Kindle Store discontinuation... butttt it's actually in the Kindle Store!
Thanks for the tip - I haven't received an email. Any Canadians who got the email - can you please confirm we get NO offer at all? I know we don't have trade in, but from reddit it looks like other marketplace(s) at least got an ebook credit offer.

My store message lists upgrading to a new Kindle as an option, but just directs me to see amazon.ca for current offers. I don't see anything when logged in.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 09:06 AM   #49
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
This is my k4nt today. I haven't received any emails. But I guess they're only sending those to users who are in Amazon's coverage area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8a08c19957da2823dac94b8f524a7c02.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	477.7 KB
ID:	194130  

Last edited by issybird; 06-04-2022 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Oversize image attached as thumbnail. Please read the guidelines for limits on image size.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 12:34 PM   #50
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Message on the Kindle store page of my kindle keyboard

Save 30% on a new kindle plus £25 eBook credit

T&C. Said to be at Amazon.co.uk/OldKindleFAQ but can't link

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...KLRH4JSYGPLKQK

Last edited by Little.Egret; 06-04-2022 at 12:45 PM.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2022, 08:56 PM   #51
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
This is my k4nt today. I haven't received any emails. But I guess they're only sending those to users who are in Amazon's coverage area.
I'm in the US and have a US shipping and billing address of Minnesota, I don't think it's that.
I don't use my K4NT a lot, that is probably why.
Old 06-05-2022, 05:02 PM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Maybe this is a ploy by Amazon to get people with these old Kindles to upgrade.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 08:23 PM   #53
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedtea View Post
Thanks for the tip - I haven't received an email. Any Canadians who got the email - can you please confirm we get NO offer at all? I know we don't have trade in, but from reddit it looks like other marketplace(s) at least got an ebook credit offer.
There is a page on amazon.ca with the offer. See: Non-Touchscreen Kindle Devices - Access to Kindle Store FAQ. The URL I used to open the page was: https://amazon.ca/OldKindleFAQ .

The offer seems to be 30% off a new Kindle (code: NEWKINDLE30) plus a $50Cdn ebook credit however you MUST have received an email from Amazon.ca to be eligible. See NEWKINDLE30 Terms and Conditions for details.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:10 AM   #54
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
I'm in the US and have a US shipping and billing address of Minnesota, I don't think it's that.
I don't use my K4NT a lot, that is probably why.
With the roughly comparable offer last year when cellular access was being lost, the device had to have been connected to Amazon sometime during the period from January 1 to June 30, 2021 (the offer was made in mid-July). I haven’t been able to find a similar specific time qualification for this round, but I’d be very surprised if there isn’t one. It only makes sense; why would Amazon offer such a good deal on a device that hit the gadget graveyard eons ago? It does show that the various technical bloggers really know nothing except what they crib from someone else, as no one seems to be even identifying the issue, much less trying to find the answer. Not that it would matter in terms of who got the offer, but it would be interesting to know. Perhaps the lesson is that while charging up ancient devices, it’s good to let them phone home occasionally as well.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 05:51 PM   #55
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
There is a page on amazon.ca with the offer. See: Non-Touchscreen Kindle Devices - Access to Kindle Store FAQ. The URL I used to open the page was: https://amazon.ca/OldKindleFAQ .

The offer seems to be 30% off a new Kindle (code: NEWKINDLE30) plus a $50Cdn ebook credit however you MUST have received an email from Amazon.ca to be eligible. See NEWKINDLE30 Terms and Conditions for details.
Thanks! I'm pretty annoyed I don't seem to qualify, even though I don't really need/want a new kindle at this time.

Maybe only to connect to my 2nd account so I could de-drm and ditch kindle for pc. I could definitely use up that $50 gc though.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:54 PM   #56
Canis_lupus
Enthusiast
Canis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmosCanis_lupus has become one with the cosmos

Device: K2, K3, Touch, K5B, Voyage, PW4, Oasis 1, 2 & 3, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
With the roughly comparable offer last year when cellular access was being lost, the device had to have been connected to Amazon sometime during the period from January 1 to June 30, 2021 (the offer was made in mid-July). I haven’t been able to find a similar specific time qualification for this round, but I’d be very surprised if there isn’t one. It only makes sense; why would Amazon offer such a good deal on a device that hit the gadget graveyard eons ago? It does show that the various technical bloggers really know nothing except what they crib from someone else, as no one seems to be even identifying the issue, much less trying to find the answer. Not that it would matter in terms of who got the offer, but it would be interesting to know. Perhaps the lesson is that while charging up ancient devices, it’s good to let them phone home occasionally as well.
I got the e-mail offer. The last time any of my old non-touch Kindles connected to WiFi was 2018.
Canis_lupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 07:53 PM   #57
Mikkail
Mikkail began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Graphite DXG
Hi. I'm in New Zealand, I've got a Kindle DXG and use it pretty much every day. No wi-fi, so I side-load all content. No email from Amazon regarding trade-in.
Mikkail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 08:27 PM   #58
Mikkail
Mikkail began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Graphite DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkail View Post
Hi. I'm in New Zealand, I've got a Kindle DXG and use it pretty much every day. No wi-fi, so I side-load all content. No email from Amazon regarding trade-in.
Update: Just checked, and I am still able to download books from Amazon using the 3G. So all good, so far. The prediction is that 3G support in New Zealand will disappear by the end of 2022; some providers have already dropped support.
Mikkail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 08:14 AM   #59
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The issue with DXG is that it uses the Mobile cell to set time & date, which can take a day. It can't be manually set unless you jailbreak and use USB networking or make a serial interface connection. It loses the time and date if the battery (actually a cell) goes flat.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 05:04 AM   #60
Badcatalex
I draw.

Who thinks Amazon is gonna have a Kindle product announcement around the time of the shutdown?