Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2019, 03:58 AM   #46
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I put the new firmware on my Forma. Liking it so far. The new header/ footer can be switched off via the Reading Options menu, or in the conf file they are in the [Reading] section chapterProgressType=0 and newBookProgressType=0
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:32 AM   #47
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
People with the new software on a Forma, can you set both buttons to go page forward now, please? Or will this still need a patch?
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2019, 10:10 AM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When a new firmware that works with the original Aura H20 comes out, I'll be installing it once the patches are released. The new firmware sounds interesting.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:24 AM   #49
Knightreader
Connoisseur
Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1. Kobo Forma, 2. Kobo H2O Edition 2 (v1)
@Liesse: Still need a patch.
But FW "as is" works fine on Forma. Love the new progress display for chapters (at the top) and the whole book (at bottom) with the progress bar.

Last edited by Knightreader; 09-12-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Knightreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are there any improvements for reading ePub or are these just for kepub?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2019, 11:01 AM   #51
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are there any improvements for reading ePub or are these just for kepub?
It's been stated several times that all the changes are for both epubs and kepubs. In fact, they are for all formats. The kepub only things are the same as with previous firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:25 AM   #52
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
I put the new firmware on my Forma. Liking it so far. The new header/ footer can be switched off via the Reading Options menu, or in the conf file they are in the [Reading] section chapterProgressType=0 and newBookProgressType=0
They can be set to not display text but they still take up screen space. On my Forma with 4.15 I have it patched and set to the point where text of the story is at the edge of the display and text at the bottom is nearly the same at the bottom.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:26 AM   #53
evirtue
evirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it isevirtue knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Aura One-Kobo Glo HD

Last edited by evirtue; 09-16-2019 at 03:43 PM. Reason: .
evirtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:33 AM   #54
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Can somebody please post a picture of what the screen looks like with header and footer disabled now? I do like having a small margin at the bottom, even with the footer disabled, so I'm curious to see if what we get now is enough. Unfortunately I can't try it out on my readers yet.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:06 PM   #55
fendesa
Enthusiast
fendesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Can somebody please post a picture of what the screen looks like with header and footer disabled now? I do like having a small margin at the bottom, even with the footer disabled, so I'm curious to see if what we get now is enough. Unfortunately I can't try it out on my readers yet.
Kobo Clara (last firmware without header and footer / ebook format kepub)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ef567c242afe247fdc91d675b9acc8e3.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	173430

Inviato dal mio Mi A2 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited by issybird; 09-12-2019 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Oversize image.
fendesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:21 PM   #56
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Interesting the Forma has, I think, more space left by the empty footer. The header looks appropriately the same.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:34 PM   #57
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fendesa View Post
Kobo Clara (last firmware without header and footer / ebook format kepub)
Grazie! The footer looks great, the header I usually keep so I might be getting away with not patching it, at least on my Glo HD. I'll have to see what it looks like on the Libra as soon as I get one.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:12 PM   #58
Knightreader
Connoisseur
Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Knightreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On my Forma, the footer is reduced if disabled. The top area is empty but with same height as with chapter progress. Maybe this will be fixed with a final firmware or it must be set via patch.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1568309123

Left: Forma without header/footer
Middle: Forma with header/footer
Right: Fast page scroll function on Forma
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	forma-neue-fw.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	173431  

Last edited by Knightreader; 09-12-2019 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:31 PM   #59
Knightreader
Connoisseur

And a second image with and without header/footer (plain text without a headline).
Header area has a fixed height, footer is flexible.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1568309456
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	forma-neue-fw2.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	173432  
Old 09-12-2019, 02:49 PM   #60
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Yes fullScreenReading=true seems not to work any more
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, kobo, kobofirmware, libra