Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #46
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 8 Plus
Amazon US is out of the KV as well. It says it is "Expected to ship in 5 to 7 weeks." Bummer. Looks like I won't get my KV when I go NYC
miguel1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:37 PM   #47
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel1626 View Post
Amazon US is out of the KV as well. It says it is "Expected to ship in 5 to 7 weeks." Bummer. Looks like I won't get my KV when I go NYC
It looks like only the WiFi model without special offers has this long of a wait. The Wifi model with special offers will be in stock December 13 and you can very easily pay $20 to remove special offers once you receive it.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #48
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 8 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
It looks like only the WiFi model without special offers has this long of a wait. The Wifi model with special offers will be in stock December 13 and you can very easily pay $20 to remove special offers once you receive it.
Gotta love this forum - you're absolutely correct. I'd previously added the KV (wifi, no SO) to the cart, so it was showing this ridiculous delay. You just saved my christmas

How stupid of me....

Last edited by miguel1626; 11-24-2014 at 01:49 PM.
miguel1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #49
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sian View Post
did your voyage arrive ok
Thanks for asking Sian - nope... no go. Sure hope that My Symmonds in North Wales got his two CDs (that's what arrived in my parcel with the order tracking info). As for the Voyage, who knows where it ended up. Well, its bricked by Amazon where ever it is, and I shall just have to wait until I'm back over in the UK on 23rd. Christmas present to myself instead of birthday.

Did you get one? If so, hope you are enjoying it.
Pangolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #50
Pangolin
Pangolin
Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pangolin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

aha, delivery date bumped forward to the 9th december (uk - wifi and 3G - replacement for a no show ordered back on 20 Sept). Huzzahhhh!!
Advert
Old 12-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #51
Mick4545
Enthusiast
Mick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enough

Device: Oasis 2
Same here. Delivery brought forward to 5 Dec. Hope its not one thats been returned.
Mick4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #52
Pangolin
Pangolin

Oh I don't think it would be - don't fret. I did have to send back a couple of Paperwhite 1s (I think it was third time lucky with that model) and I had the same fear as there were a rake of returns on that one.

But some wise poster pointed out that the refurbs (at least at that time) had a clear R stamped on the box. and it wouldn't be legal so I don't think they'd bother with the probable fall out of doing something like that.

Could be wrong, but I think they gave us 'worse case scenario' delivery times in the knowledge that they would probably better them and we'd be wowed.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #53
Mick4545
Enthusiast
Mick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enoughMick4545 will become famous soon enough

Device: Oasis 2
Its arrived. Its coloured. What an initial dissapointment. The screen has the yellow - Blue colour, however, after lowering the brightness slider to 14 it is now acceptable. Brightness was almost at max on first inspection. The screen has the normal light fade towards the top of the screen and a very slight colour cast at the top, but its manageable. I find if I view the screen with the top slightly tilted away it is of uniform brightness and colour.

I'm unable to do any further testing as I've had to give it to my wife to wrap and place under the tree until the 25th.
Mick4545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #54
Ranny
Connoisseur
Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ordered a couple of weeks ago, expected to be restocked 20th December, arrived today, pleasant surprise and seems an ok one.
Ranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #55
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
aha, delivery date bumped forward to the 9th december (uk - wifi and 3G - replacement for a no show ordered back on 20 Sept). Huzzahhhh!!
Have you got it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #56
Pangolin
Pangolin

Nope, travelling for work so not back until 23rd.

However, I do have yet another twist in this tale as of this morning!

Briefly, I contacted CS because I saw it wasn't showing up in my Devices although it has arrived. I simply asked why that was, and mentioned it was a replacement for a no-show so maybe that was why it wasn't showing under my devices. Since I wanted to send a couple of documents from work i asked if they could register it to my account remotely.

That was yesterday evening. And guess what.....

This morning I came in to find a mail from CS (first time ever it was truly, truly dreadful service) saying that they were sorry the Kindle hadn't arrived and they had refunded my credit card. Which by inference would mean they'd block the device with that serial number - arrrrghhhhhh

Visions of a bricked device and having to start the order process aaaaaaall over again!!!! Order 20 Sept - arrive mid Feb.... Aaaaargghhh

Quickly back to CS, bit pissed off actually. Some has now re charged the card and registered the device, that is all boxed and waiting for me, to my account remotely - as requested in my mail of yesterday evening.

So all well that ends well, but about half an hour of stress. And crossness.

And I had to get confirmation they didn't mark me down as two no-shows which would have looked a little suspicious.

Tiring tiring - even more so because in the original package that never arrived were two books for my father's Christmas present and I had to turn detective and go through all my order history to work out why. Eventually found they'd been in the same package/tracking number that was wrongly filled in their un-fulfillment centre. Fulfillment centre - how Orwellian is that?! More back and forth with CS to get them re sent.....

Still, many more successful deliveries against this one unsuccessful one so can't really complain. darn - that wasn't that brief - skim, skip and scroll I say.