Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #46
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane View Post
On Amazon right now it says
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Something is up !
Weather.
Container ships are not small boats.
But this is not a small puddle either:
https://weather.com/maps/satellite/p...ceanweathermap
The best way to deal with that sort of weather is to detour around it.

Plus -
Kindles are light for their volume.
So their container is probably deck cargo.
Which means in those seas, the container might not still be aboard the ship by the time it reaches a US port.

Plus -
I have no idea what port they ship from -
but Hong Kong and Macau have a typhoon coming ashore.
Which means the major international trade port (Shenzhen), which is further up that bay is being pounded.
So don't expect much cargo to get loaded there until that typhoon finds somewhere else to cause problems.

(I really don't have a clue - but it is a nice theory)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:21 PM   #47
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Weather.
Container ships are not small boats.
But this is not a small puddle either:
https://weather.com/maps/satellite/p...ceanweathermap
The best way to deal with that sort of weather is to detour around it.

Plus -
Kindles are light for their volume.
So their container is probably deck cargo.
Which means in those seas, the container might not still be aboard the ship by the time it reaches a US port.

Plus -
I have no idea what port they ship from -
but Hong Kong and Macau have a typhoon coming ashore.
Which means the major international trade port (Shenzhen), which is further up that bay is being pounded.
So don't expect much cargo to get loaded there until that typhoon finds somewhere else to cause problems.

(I really don't have a clue - but it is a nice theory)
Cool images. Made Harvey look small.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2017, 09:27 PM   #48
kaibob
Connoisseur
kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
Looks like you can still get it without special offers, but yeah, something is sure up. New model soon!
I've been looking forward to the purchase of a new Kindle, and this thread prompted me to do some research.

As of a few minutes ago, availability of the Kindle Oasis from Amazon (US site) was:

Wi-Fi - with Special Offers - walnut color available
Wi-Fi - without Special Offers - black color available
Wi-Fi + Free 3G - with Special Offers - black color available
Wi-Fi + Free 3G - without Special Offers - not available in any color

All models of the Kindle Voyage are either currently available or will be in stock later this month or in September.

Announcement dates of earlier Kindles vary but the 1st- and 2nd-generation Paperwhites were announced during the first week of September and the Voyage was announced the third week of September.

The company which makes E-Ink screens has noted in a financial report that their revenues will increase in the next two quarters due to an order from Amazon. This is from the Goodreader site.

I have no idea what this all means, if anything. I want a 2nd-generation Voyage with physical page-turn buttons but that appears unlikely.

Last edited by kaibob; 08-24-2017 at 09:51 PM.
kaibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:54 AM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibob View Post
- - - - -
I have no idea what this all means, if anything. I want a 2nd-generation Voyage with physical page-turn buttons but that appears unlikely.
Why not physical page-turn buttons for your PW3?
We already have that.
See: Kindle Lazy in the dev. forum
Old 08-25-2017, 02:19 AM   #50
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:

The company which makes E-Ink screens has noted in a financial report that their revenues will increase in the next two quarters due to an order from Amazon. This is from the Goodreader site.
Was looking around goodreads but couldn't find this. Can you point me in the right direction please?
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2017, 06:55 AM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Link please.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:30 AM   #52
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
GoodEreader mentioned the E Ink report in a couple posts. Here's one of them:
https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...ease-this-year

Didn't see the source story, though.

Last edited by vrf; 08-25-2017 at 10:28 AM.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:02 AM   #53
kaibob
Connoisseur
kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingforatrain View Post
Was looking around goodreads but couldn't find this. Can you point me in the right direction please?
My post contained a typographical error; the site is Goodereader rather than Goodreader.

The exact quote and the link are:

"Amazon plans on releasing at least one new e-reader this year. This revelation stems from a recent E Ink Holdings financial report. They proclaim that in the next two quarters their revenues will increase due to an order from Amazon.""

The above article is the same one noted by vrf in his post immediately above.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:22 AM   #54
kaibob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Why not physical page-turn buttons for your PW3?
We already have that.
See: Kindle Lazy in the dev. forum
Thanks for letting me know about Kindle Lazy. I found the thread in the Kindle developer's forum and will read through it later today.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:45 AM   #55
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
GoodEreader mentioned the E Ink report in a couple posts. Here's one of them:

Didn't see the source story, though.
It will be released on Valentines day that falls in October.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:18 PM   #56
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
It will be released on Valentines day that falls in October.
Yes, Goodereader are not known for the accuracy of their predictions, so I'm not getting too excited yet about the prospect of a new Kindle...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:36 PM   #57
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know about Kindle Lazy. I found the thread in the Kindle developer's forum and will read through it later today.
If it isn't quite what you want, post in the thread anyway.
The more interest in something like that, the more willing the authors are to continue working on it.
Nobody is really interested in spending their time on something that has an audience of zero (0) -
it isn't like there is some company paying us to stay busy or even just look busy.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:19 PM   #58
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
I had trouble finding page press areas on my voyage in the dark. I put a small bubble sticker in each area to make it easier to find. Works great. Might sound stupid, but it really works.
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:23 AM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
I had trouble finding page press areas on my voyage in the dark. I put a small bubble sticker in each area to make it easier to find. Works great. Might sound stupid, but it really works.
Why not turn on the light?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #60
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I just checked my prime now app and they have most of the Oasis models in stop to get in one hour. So there are probably a lot of them in warehouses all over the country, wherever prime now is. They have all 3 colors in the wifi model and 2 of the colors in the 3g one.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote