Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM   #46
sydmalicious
Cantankerous Contrarian
sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sydmalicious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 12.9", iPhone 13 Pro, Kobo Sage 32gb, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Bascally, a kepub is an ePub with added spans for location. Those spans are treated as nulls by an ePub reader so a kepub is as portable as an ePub. There is also the possibility that a kepub may have embedded Javascript but I haven't seen one of those in quite a while. Again, if your ePub renderer does not implement Javascript support, any Javascript elements will be diregarded.

The other real difference is the that the webkit renderer Kobo uses for kepubs is an ePub3 renderer based on the Readium code which handles quite a bit more of the ePub3 specification than is handled by Adobe's newest ADE/RMSDK products.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. When I get a chance, I'll convert a few books to kepub to see what difference it makes on my Kobo. What is the adoption rate of kepub? Do you know?
sydmalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydmalicious View Post
Yeah you're right. I haven't read on my Paperwhite in so long as I thought I broke it and got rid of it during my four moves in three years. I found it in an old backpack in my storage unit so I am way behind on how the Kindle ecosystem works.
If you like hyphenation, you can use either the Hyphenate This! plugin or Polish in calibre to add soft-hyphens. Soft-hyphens work really well KF8.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kepub, kepubify