Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-28-2015, 09:22 AM   #46
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evg View Post
Thank you for the guide.
Sorry I was not successful on step 14. Starting Kindle sends a lot of unreadable messages.

SW 5.6.5.
I used RealTerm, SecureCRT Windows, 115200 (and all other baud rates), 8N1, no Flow control, ANSI and VT102 emulation.

I tried MOXA usb to rs232; and direct connection to serial interface. I didn't use TTL Serial Cable 1.8V. Can this be the reason?
Which one?
http://www.moxa.com/doc/specs/UPort_1100_Series.pdf
Not that it probably matters in this case.

Hmm...
This thread has over 8,000 views and no reports that the technical specifications stated are wrong.
Did you have a custom Kindle built for you by someone other than Amazon?

Likely causes of garbled output:
  • Poor (or no) ground connection (Kindle is 3-wire serial)
  • Poor or lose connections of the Tx and Rx leads to Kindle
  • Wrong speed setting (it is 115200 unless you had a custom Kindle built).
  • Wrong terminal emulator settings (it is 8N1, no hardware flow control, no software flow control, no conversion of EoL characters - unless you bought a custom Kindle).
  • Serial interface voltage incorrect.
    Note this may burn out the Kindle's Rx side.

So first - check your work.
If nothing lose, missing, or set-up wrong, try an adapter with the correct interface voltage.

= = = =

Tech. Note:
  • The K1 was reported to be 3v3 interface levels.
  • The K2 and DX(G) (large screen K2) may also be 3v3 interface levels.
    Unconfirmed by myself.
  • The K3 ... current (2015) KV are 1v8 interface levels.
  • The K1, K2 and DX series all used different connection points.
    Only the K1 has a hardware serial port link in the Wiki index.
    The information is missing on the K2 and DX - an oversight I intend to fix when I add serial port connections to the devices I have.
  • The K3 used a serial port connection on the lower cover light connector slot.
  • The K4 ... current (2015) KV all use the same connector pad layout (when you have a working Gerber macro, why change it? )
    Only the location of the pad layout on the mother board changes with the various models.
  • These directions, titled for the KV with a specific firmware are general directions for all models - only the model nickname and firmware version changes.
  • O.T: Freescale's previous company name was Motorola.

Last edited by knc1; 09-28-2015 at 09:57 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #47
Evg
Evg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You are right, it was UPort_1100. All other settings and connections set-up are correct. It is Voyage from Amazon.
I think it is my mistake, I didn't pay attention that device has TTL level 1.8V Serial interface.
It looks like device and serial int. still alive. I'm going to try RS232 to TTL 1.8 converter.
p.s. sorry, Gerber macro - what is it?
Evg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2015, 01:27 PM   #48
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evg View Post
Gerber macro - what is it?
Gerber is the name of the system of files that define the mechanical layout of a circuit board.
(Also the name of the manufacturer of baby foods, but that does not apply here.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerber_format
Old 10-06-2015, 01:19 AM   #49
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
Got my cable in today, and was successful in getting my KV jailbroken. Had some issues after re-assembly though. Backlight was sporatic (you could press the screen and it would cut on and off, as well as the magnet cover not shutting the device off). Has anybody seen these issues before? I was very careful about the removal of the top part, as well as the back, and everything appears to be closed back up correctly (I disassembled the unit again, and if you press on the silver heat sinks below the battery, the backlight works as it's supposed to). Not sure what I did, but with a small piece of black tape on the silver covers, and the unit re-assembled, the backlight is working again, but the magnetic cover still doesn't put it into sleep mode anymore. I have to press the power button. Not a HUGE deal, but it'd be nice to get that functionality back.
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:27 AM   #50
knc1
Going Viral

Next, order yourself a keyboard with an 'enter' key on it.
Nobody likes having to reply to one of these 'mind dump' blocks of text.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
Got my cable in today, and was successful in getting my KV jailbroken.

Had some issues after re-assembly though.
Backlight was sporatic (you could press the screen and it would cut on and off, as well as the magnet cover not shutting the device off).
Has anybody seen these issues before?
That has not been reported here before.
Quote:
I was very careful about the removal of the top part, as well as the back, and everything appears to be closed back up correctly (I disassembled the unit again, and if you press on the silver heat sinks below the battery, the backlight works as it's supposed to).
Where you following a specific teardown description?
If so, link please.

Did you make any changes from that description?
Tools used, methods used, etc.
Quote:
Not sure what I did, but with a small piece of black tape on the silver covers, and the unit re-assembled, the backlight is working again, but the magnetic cover still doesn't put it into sleep mode anymore.
I have to press the power button.
Not a HUGE deal, but it'd be nice to get that functionality back.
Backlight?
I thought the KV had a front light, just like all of the other lighted screen kindles.

That does sound as if the device frame and/or motherboard was stressed during the disassembly.

Try a stronger magnet and report back on what difference that makes.
Also see my thread about that Hall Effect sensor when it first appeared on the PW-1.

Last edited by knc1; 10-06-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Advert
Old 10-06-2015, 08:50 AM   #51
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Backlight?
I thought the KV had a front light, just like all of the other lighted screen kindles.
It does, but many people seem to use the term "backlight" to refer to any system of screen illumination, even if the screen is not actually illuminated from the back. An eInk screen of course cannot be backlit, for the simple reason that it's completely opaque.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:41 PM   #52
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
I wrote that after being up since 6am, my brain just wasn't thinking punctuation, nor paragraphcs, lol.

I have the light working, it's possible i may have flexed something in disassembly, although I'm usually quite careful not to put too much pressure on things like this.

I will check on a larger magnet shortly and let you know on that. I can use it as it is now, even with it not turning off on it's own when the cover is closed, it's just a minor annoyance really. It's a small price to pay as far as I'm concerned to get it jailbroken (I hate having any device I own not being open and mod-able).

Quote:
Next, order yourself a keyboard with an 'enter' key on it.
Nobody likes having to reply to one of these 'mind dump' blocks of text.

That has not been reported here before.

Where you following a specific teardown description?
If so, link please.

Did you make any changes from that description?
Tools used, methods used, etc.

Backlight?

That does sound as if the device frame and/or motherboard was stressed during the disassembly.

Try a stronger magnet and report back on what difference that makes.
Also see my thread about that Hall Effect sensor when it first appeared on the PW-1.
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:56 AM   #53
angomania
angomania began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Since the software jailbreak has been postponed indefinitely, I want jailbreak my Kindle Paperwhite 3 (v5.6.5 )with the serial method. But I'm not sure what hardware do I need to do so. I'm from Germany and I want to buy the hardware at Amazon.

Can I use one of these offers to jailbreak my p3?
1. http://amzn.to/1l1DBBl
2. http://amzn.to/1kk5YK8
3. http://amzn.to/1GGecXM

Thank you for your help.
angomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:11 AM   #54
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by angomania View Post
Since the software jailbreak has been postponed indefinitely, I want jailbreak my Kindle Paperwhite 3 (v5.6.5 )with the serial method. But I'm not sure what hardware do I need to do so. I'm from Germany and I want to buy the hardware at Amazon.

Can I use one of these offers to jailbreak my p3?
1. http://amzn.to/1l1DBBl
2. http://amzn.to/1kk5YK8
3. http://amzn.to/1GGecXM

Thank you for your help.
1) 5v0 and 3v3 interface levels only, no 1v8 interface level.
Has been used and reported working without damage to the Kindle when set for 3v3 - but not recommended.

2) 3v3 interface level only, see comment above (1)

3) Looks like 5v0 only.
Must use the geekmaster level shifter with this one.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:38 AM   #55
angomania

Quote:
1) 5v0 and 3v3 interface levels only, no 1v8 interface level.
Has been used and reported working without damage to the Kindle when set for 3v3 - but not recommended.

2) 3v3 interface level only, see comment above (1)

3) Looks like 5v0 only.
Must use the geekmaster level shifter with this one.
Thanx for your fast response

3) you can open the plug and rewire it to 3v. It has the chip PL2303HX on the board.In the controller description (http://bit.ly/1SgsG1z or http://bit.ly/1NidcdB) you can read:
"Flexible signal level requirement on the RS-232 serial port side also allows the PL-2303HX to connect directly to 3.3V ~ 1.8V devices."

Does anyone have experience with a converter with this chip (PL2303HX or PL2303HXD) and can confirm that it works?
Old 11-01-2015, 10:00 AM   #56
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Thanx for your fast response

3) you can open the plug and rewire it to 3v. It has the chip PL2303HX on the board.In the controller description (http://bit.ly/1SgsG1z or http://bit.ly/1NidcdB) you can read:
"Flexible signal level requirement on the RS-232 serial port side also allows the PL-2303HX to connect directly to 3.3V ~ 1.8V devices."

Does anyone have experience with a converter with this chip (PL2303HX or PL2303HXD) and can confirm that it works?
My German lessons are over 50 years old - so I didn't see that for myself.
Sorry.
= = = =
Yes, the controller chip will work at 1v8 - **IF** the board it is used on allows you to select that level.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #57
Tassadar
Tassadar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015)
Just for the record, this works on Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015) with 5.6.5. Only different is it had some password set for root, instead of '!', so instead of editing /etc/passwd directly, I've just chrooted into the main system and used passwd:
Code:
mkdir /tmp/main
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /tmp/main
cd /tmp/main
mount -o bind /dev dev
mount -o bind /sys sys
mount -o bind /proc proc
chroot /tmp/main /bin/sh

passwd # this will ask you for new root password, enter one

sync && reboot
Serial port pinout is exactly the same and it is easily accessible.

I have root and can use KUAL, but usual binary update packages from this site don't seem to work - kindle just deletes them from the usb storage for some reason. But installing them manually from source still works, so whatever.

EDIT: response to the post below: honestly, I would likely miss it anyway ^^ thanks.

Last edited by Tassadar; 11-02-2015 at 05:14 PM.
Tassadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #58
knc1
Going Viral

I simple **MUST** add this to the FGA:

With series 5.6.x firmware, you **MUST** use MrPI.
(Mobileread Package Installer - a KUAL extension.)
Old 11-06-2015, 04:04 PM   #59
angomania

Need a little help.
I´ve opend my kindle PW3 and connected it to ttl serial adapter.
I´m using HTerm as terminal program and connect to my kindle (115200/8/1)
When the kindle is starting I see some output from your kindle startup in HTerm.
I´ve tried to stop autoboot by pressing a key (Hit any key to stop autoboot but it won´t stop.

I´ve tried a lot of times but it wont stop. Here is some output (I´ve removed the serial from my pw3):

Spoiler:
Code:
info shutdown:begin:level=6,halt=,special=:
info shutdown:closing password dialog::
info blanket_f:loading blanket module:shutdown:
info shutdown_showimage:screen:splashing screen:reboot
info shutdown_showimage:screen:waiting for reboot screen to come up:
info upstart_f:stopping_job:job=x:
info stored:post-stop script - Time Interval = 398::
info upstart_f:stopping_job:job=lab126:
info stored:post-stop script - cleared counters::
info stored:post-stop script - sending event to appmgrd::
info upstart_f:jobs_stopped:elapsed_ms=4930,timeout_ms=45000:
info upstart_f:stopping_job:job=filesystems:
info filesystems_var_local:unmounting font files::
info filesystems_userstore:unmount_userstore:Unmounting UserStore:
info filesystems_var_local:rotate_log:Rotating Logs:
info userstore:run:time=462870,action=stop:
info userstore:filesystem sync done::
info userstore:stop:found_bootup_flag:Found BOOTUP flag file
info filesystems_var_local:filesystem sync done::
info filesystems_var_local:unmount_varLocal:Unmounting VarLocal:
info upstart_f:jobs_stopped:elapsed_ms=4130,timeout_ms=30000:
info shutdown:mounting root filesystem read-only::
info shutdown:syncing disks::
info shutdown:end:level=6,halt=:
[  467.054532] imx2-wdt imx2-wdt.0: Device shutdown: Expect reboot!
[  467.060593] Restarting system.

U-Boot 2009.08-lab126 (Apr 15 2015 - 07:37:55)

CPU: Freescale i.MX6 family TO0.0 at 996 MHz
Temperature:   36 C, calibration data 0x59c5235f
mx6sl pll1: 996MHz
mx6sl pll2: 528MHz
mx6sl pll3: 480MHz
mx6sl pll8: 50MHz
ipg clock     : 66000000Hz
ipg per clock : 66000000Hz
uart clock    : 80000000Hz
cspi clock    : 60000000Hz
ahb clock     : 132000000Hz
axi clock   : 198000000Hz
emi_slow clock: 22000000Hz
ddr clock     : 396000000Hz
usdhc1 clock  : 198000000Hz
usdhc2 clock  : 198000000Hz
usdhc3 clock  : 198000000Hz
usdhc4 clock  : 198000000Hz
MMC:  FSL_ESDHC: 0,FSL_ESDHC: 1,FSL_ESDHC: 2
Board: Muscat WFO
Boot Reason: [ POR ]
Boot Device: NAND
Board Id: **********
S/N: G090G**********
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  512 MB
Using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Quick Memory Test 0x80000000, 0x1fff0000
POST done in 111 ms
Battery voltage: 3937 mV

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 80800000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-3.0.35-lab126
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    2633728 Bytes =  2.5 MB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Loading Kernel Image ... OK
OK

Starting kernel ...

[    0.098567]
[    0.282976] LPDDR2 MfgId: 0x1 [Samsung]
[    0.287056]
[    0.287059] just text: vaddr c0150d44, va 0xc0150200 pa 0x801000c3 attr 0x6
[    0.299609]
[    0.299613] nmx6sl_wfi_iram: vaddr e084e000, va 0xe084e200 pa 0x904043 attr 0
x2
[    0.308457]
[    0.308460] mx6sl_ddr: vaddr e0856000, va 0xe0856200 pa 0x905043 attr 0x2
[    0.316787]
[    0.316790] mx6sl_iomux: vaddr f40e0000, va 0xf40e0200 pa 0x20110c3 attr 0x14
[    0.327625]
[    0.327629] ANATOP: vaddr f40c8000, va 0xf40c8200 pa 0x20110c3 attr 0x149
[    0.341978]
[    0.341981] CCM: vaddr f40c4000, va 0xf40c4200 pa 0x20110c3 attr 0x149
[    0.354118]
[    0.354122] MMDC_P0: vaddr f41b0000, va 0xf41b0200 pa 0x21110c3 attr 0x149
[    0.364533]
[    0.364536] L2: vaddr f2a02000, va 0xf2a02200 pa 0xa02043 attr 0x149
[    0.374435]
[    0.374439] arm perif: vaddr f2a00000, va 0xf2a00200 pa 0xa00043 attr 0x149
3.0.35-lab126 #1 PREEMPT Fri Jul 31 15:04:21 PDT 2015 armv7l
Press [ENTER] for recovery menu...       0 //dev/mmcblk0p4:
CHS=4/16/99776 size=3269459968 bytes
flag type      first       last  lba first   lba size
Partition p1:
0x00 0x0b         16 <large>            16    6385648
    CHS: 0/1/1 - <large>
Partition p2:
Partition p3:
Partition p4:
BOOTING DEFAULT.
IP-Config: no devices to configure
kinit: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) readonly.
info sytem:mounted_proc::
info system:mounted_sys::
info system:mounted_dev::
info milestone:6.91:49.1:
info milestone:6.97:49.2:
info milestone:7.00:49.3:
info milestone:7.04:49.4:
info milestone:7.07:49.5:
info sytem:mounted_tmpfs::
info milestone:7.13:sy50:
info system:start:time=7160:
info hardware:no_wan::WiFi only device. No WAN found
info system:config:platform=wario,board=muscat,rev=2,proto=Y,wifi=Y,wan=N:
info milestone:7.30:sy51:
lipc-send-event[804]: E lipc:con::Connection error(Failed to connect to socket /
var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory)
lipc-send-event[804]: C def:dbusi::Failed to init dbus
lipc-send-event[804]: E def:open::Failed to open LIPC
lipc-send-event[804]: E def:fail:source=com.lab126.hal, event=usbPlugIn:Sending
event failed
lipc-send-event[805]: E lipc:con::Connection error(Failed to connect to socket /
var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory)
lipc-send-event[805]: C def:dbusi::Failed to init dbus
lipc-send-event[805]: E def:open::Failed to open LIPC
lipc-send-event[805]: E def:fail:source=com.lab126.hal, event=usbPlugIn:Sending
event failed
info milestone:8.17:sy99:
info system:done:time=8210:
crond[826]: crond: crond (busybox 1.17.1) started, log level 8
iniü.exe: sshd main process (824)init.exe: sshd main process ended, respawning
init.exe: recevent pre-start process (829) terminated with status 1
info system_cramfs_loopbacks:mountingcramfs:Mounting compressed directories file
system images:
warn system_cramfs_loopbacks:mountpointmissing:Image /lib/firmware/cyttsp.cramfs
.img not mounted, non existing mounting point:
info system_cramfs_loopbacks:mounted:Image /usr/share/X11/xkb.cramfs.img mounted
:
info system_cramfs_loopbacks:mounted:Image /usr/java/lib/fonts.cramfs.img mounte
d:
info system_cramfs_loopbacks:mounted:Image /etc/kdb.src.cramfs.img mounted:
info system_cramfs_loopbacks:mounted:Image /usr/lib/locale.cramfs.img mounted:
info system_cramfs_loopbacks:mounted:Image /usr/share/keyboard.cramfs.img mounte
d:
info system:emiting_event:mounted_cramfs_loopbacks:
debug sytem:event_emitted:mounted_cramfs_loopbacks:
info milestone:8.87:fs75:
info system:emiting_event:loaded_modules_dependencies:
debug sytem:event_emitted:loaded_modules_dependencies:
info modules:modprobe:loading module g_file_storage:
info system:emiting_event:loaded_g_file_storage:
debug sytem:event_emitted:loaded_g_file_storage:
info modules:modprobe:loading module fuse:
info system:emiting_event:loaded_fuse:
debug sytem:event_emitted:loaded_fuse:
info system:emiting_event:loaded_ppp_async:
info milestone:9.10:fs00:
debug sytem:event_emitted:loaded_ppp_async:
info system:emiting_event:loaded_fakekey:
debug sytem:event_emitted:loaded_fakekey:
info milestone:9.21:fs23:
info system:emiting_event:mounted_varLocal:
debug sytem:event_emitted:mounted_varLocal:
info milestone:9.26:fs25:
info milestone:9.28:vi00:

Welcome to Kindle!

kindle login: info prereg:PRAGMA_QUICK_CHECK_PASSED::sts=0
info display:update:Checking '/opt/eink/images/R040_ED060KD1C1' for overrides:
info system:emiting_event:loaded_touch:
debug sytem:event_emitted:loaded_touch:
info milestone:11.47:vi99:
info display:started:time=11480:
info system:emiting_event:display_ready:
debug sytem:event_emitted:display_ready:
info userstore:run:time=11680,action=start:
info userstore:start:found_shutdown_flag:Found SHUTDOWN flag file
info battery:charged:cap=76,mV=3941,mAH=1068:
info system:emiting_event:battery_ready:
debug sytem:event_emitted:battery_ready:
info system:emiting_event:mounted_userstore:
debug sytem:event_emitted:mounted_userstore:
info milestone:12.76:fs50:
info milestone:12.79:fs90:
info milestone:12.83:fs99:
info milestone:12.88:sys99:
info system:emiting_event:devcap_ready:
debug sytem:event_emitted:devcap_ready:
info system:emiting_event:dbus_ready:
debug sytem:event_emitted:dbus_ready:
info dbus:check-update:status=2:dbus_ready sent
info milestone:14.19:xx00:
info X:load:time=14310:
info X:xorg.conf:Generating xorg.conf:
info X:xorg.conf:xorg.conf generated:
info milestone:16.00:xx50:
info X:starting:time=16050:
info milestone:19.37:xx99:
info X:started:time=19400:
info system:emiting_event:x_setup_ready:
debug sytem:event_emitted:x_setup_ready:
info asr_setup:winmgr_running=true. winmgr is ready::
info locale:read:lang=de_DE.utf8,lc_all=de_DE.utf8:Retrieved Language
info system:emiting_event:langpicker_ready:
debug sytem:event_emitted:langpicker_ready:
info blanket_f:module already loaded:splash:
info milestone:20.60:pi00:
info milestone:20.85:pi99:
info system:emiting_event:contentpack_font_ready:
debug sytem:event_emitted:contentpack_font_ready:
info milestone:23.77:fr00:
info milestone:23.96:fr50:
info milestone:24.02:fr51:
info framework:starting:time=26290:
info board_data_file :/opt/ar6k/target/AR6003/hw2.1.1/bin/wario/muscat/wfo/AR600
3_wfo_calfile.bin::
[   29.817047] ath6kl: ath6kl_fetch_board_file: Board calibration file fetched:
/opt/ar6k/target/AR6003/hw2.1.1/bin/wario/muscat/wfo/AR6003_wfo_calfile.bin
[   29.915882] ath6kl: MAC from kernel xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:F0
[   30.344009] ath6kl: host only supports scatter of :1 entries, need: 16
info milestone:56.63:fr99:
info framework:started:time=56690,delta=32690:
info blanket_f:loading blanket module:usb:
info blanket_f:unloading blanket module:splash:
info system:emiting_event:framework_ready:
debug sytem:event_emitted:framework_ready:
info stored:started::
info stored:read_in_counters:REBOOTS=0, REBOOT_LIMIT=1, RESTARTS=0, RESTART_LIMI
T=5:
info monitor:writing_file:file=/var/run/upstart/stored.restarts:
Retrieved 334 keys for system/daemon/pmond/

I also tried other terminal programs (putty, hyperterm)

Last edited by eschwartz; 11-08-2015 at 12:29 PM. Reason: [QUOTE] --> [CODE]
Old 11-06-2015, 05:24 PM   #60
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Need a little help.
I´ve opend my kindle PW3 and connected it to ttl serial adapter.
I´m using HTerm as terminal program and connect to my kindle (115200/8/1)
When the kindle is starting I see some output from your kindle startup in HTerm.
I´ve tried to stop autoboot by pressing a key (Hit any key to stop autoboot but it won´t stop.

I´ve tried a lot of times but it wont stop. Here is some output (I´ve removed the serial from my pw3):

I also tried other terminal programs (putty, hyperterm)
Your just too slow (or the adaptor/usb conversion or your OS or some combination of those three is too slow).
press and hold the terminal key **before** rebooting.

Tags
serial jailbreak