Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #46
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post

... still I guess you helped spawn numerous posts talking about all their other devices using a non-proprietary connection like microUSB.
Whoops. Sorry about that. I was trying to find a picture of the power connector and all I saw was the microUSB so I assumed it charged via that similar to the PRS-350. I think I still have one of those chargers, actually. Owned a couple of Sony Ericsson phones. Should be easy enough to find for under $10.

Looks like the P uses the same charger as the PSP. Now those, I've got a ton of.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
It looks like a sony ericsson connector. Not too hard to get cheap.
Could be a PSP connector like the PSP/500/505/600/700/900 all used.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #48
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Whoops. Sorry about that. I was trying to find a picture of the power connector and all I saw was the microUSB so I assumed it charged via that similar to the PRS-350. I think I still have one of those chargers, actually. Owned a couple of Sony Ericsson phones. Should be easy enough to find for under $10.

Looks like the P uses the same charger as the PSP. Now those, I've got a ton of.
It's still annoying. Another cable/wall changer you have to take if tavelling.

Didn't the EU pass a MicroUSB for phones requirement in the future by some date?
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
It's still annoying. Another cable/wall changer you have to take if tavelling.

Didn't the EU pass a MicroUSB for phones requirement in the future by some date?
It's not a phone.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #50
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:

Interesting thread on Reddit a few days ago about that, including a comment (top) from someone who claimed they were on the committee.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2011, 03:06 AM   #51
molman
Evangelist
molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.molman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not a phone.
I know. I said for phones. Just commenting generally as to this move towards more standard connectors/cables which I personally think is a good one.

@kjk: thanks for link, I'll check it out.
molman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #52
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Early reviews on it are very good. My wife needs one, she just doesn't know it, yet.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #53
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I've played with one and quite enjoyed it. I especially liked the PS1/PSP game downloads and the resizable onscreen controllers. If I were to buy an android tablet (and if money weren't an issue) this would be the one that I would buy.

I don't know if it has been mentioned in the thread, but at the Sony store I noticed that if you preorder the tablet you will receive a free leather targus case for it and a set of ear buds.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:24 AM   #54
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
Micro USB for charging has been an extremely important upgrade for manufacturers, because mini USB was too robust and just didn't snap off often enough.
Actually it's the opposite. Micro USB should be roughly 10 times sturdier than mini.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #55
baker
baker began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi, itouch 4th gen, Sony S tab
Bought a 16gb s two days ago...am really surprised how much I like it, including the ergonomics of the design. A good couch computer ....has not crashed or locked up yet despite many hours of playing with it...I'm sure Sony will, like the PS3, inundate us with firmware updates
Sony's marketing isn't the best , they are great imdustrial designers.. today I bought the docking, charging cradle and with an ap the S turns into a desk clock or digital photo frame... who knew.....don't underestimate Sony . I still like my itouch 4th gen but if you consider the s is only the first gen there will be lots to come. Think about the potential of Sony's film and music libraries and the opportunities with the tabs
baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #56
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by baker View Post
Bought a 16gb s two days ago...am really surprised how much I like it, including the ergonomics of the design. A good couch computer ....has not crashed or locked up yet despite many hours of playing with it...I'm sure Sony will, like the PS3, inundate us with firmware updates
Sony's marketing isn't the best , they are great imdustrial designers.. today I bought the docking, charging cradle and with an ap the S turns into a desk clock or digital photo frame... who knew.....don't underestimate Sony . I still like my itouch 4th gen but if you consider the s is only the first gen there will be lots to come. Think about the potential of Sony's film and music libraries and the opportunities with the tabs
Which product did you get?
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #57
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Quote:
I have never played PS3 (or 1 or 2, for that matter) but the game they had on there looked like a lot of fun. It looks like it is preloaded with dozens of apps. And I already have a Sony library ready to go. The only issue I have is that Android does not seem to have as many apps as Apple. If I got an iPad2 I already have a ton of apps from my iTouch. On the other hand it looks like the Sony would be much more versatile. There was an offer for up to $100 for your old tablet, but according to CNET these offers often are hard to do. I did not see the offer for the leather carrying case.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #58
baker

Re Sony S: I've downloaded a few free books via the Sony Reader ap. Although I like my Kobo wifi for reading books, there is a real advantage in having a color reader(Sony S tab) for newspapers , mags and colour/photo intense books.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:05 AM   #59
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Re Sony S: I've downloaded a few free books via the Sony Reader ap. Although I like my Kobo wifi for reading books, there is a real advantage in having a color reader(Sony S tab) for newspapers , mags and colour/photo intense books.
What is the battery life like?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #60
baker

Battery life seems fine...although after buying the cradle/dock the other day, I just drop the tab on to it at the same charging and a desk clock or digital frame at the same time as a result I am fully charged up most of the time