Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #46
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
BTW, how can I increase the page count in this patch? I don't mind the long list of menus however.
You can change the 12 in the last line of the patch (below) to 64 and it should result in a multi-page menu with options from 1 to 64: I think I chose 12 because that was the highest number that would still result in a one-page menu on all devices.

Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Custom page refresh options (1,2,3,...,12)`
patch_enable = `no`
# patch_group = `Page refresh alternatives`
#
## Allows the page refresh to be set in the range 1-12 pages,
## instead of just 1-6 pages. This patch doesn't affect the Aura.
#
# Replacement: Maximum value.
replace_int = 6ACF40, 6, 12
</Patch>
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:58 AM   #47
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
You can change the 12 in the last line of the patch (below) to 64 and it should result in a multi-page menu with options from 1 to 64: I think I chose 12 because that was the highest number that would still result in a one-page menu on all devices.

Code:
<Patch>
patch_enable = `no`
#
#
</Patch>
Thanks GeoffR, I'll give it a try today.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2016, 08:15 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post

Code:
<Patch>
patch_enable = `no`
#
#
</Patch>
Can't the 6 be changed another value and the 12 also changed to a higher value?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:21 AM   #49
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can't the 6 be changed another value and the 12 also changed to a higher value?
The patch replace the int number 6 (in the file libnickel.so.1.0.0) to 12, to get page refresh range
1-12 pages.
You can change the number 12 to other numbers, for example 20, to get refresh 1-20 pages.

In the older version patch you could change the first, successive and end numbers, for example first:3 successive:3 end:15 (3, 6, 9, 12, 15).

Last edited by oren64; 01-01-2017 at 04:47 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:09 PM   #50
hangel87
hangel87 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hi to all, I've just a question, if I made a factory reset, all patches are gone?

Thanks
hangel87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2017, 12:11 PM   #51
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangel87 View Post
Hi to all, I've just a question, if I made a factory reset, all patches are gone?
Correct.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 12:22 PM   #52
hangel87
hangel87 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Correct.
Thanks a lot!
hangel87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:00 AM   #53
Dan Stefanescu
Dan Stefanescu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura edition 2
Request

For GeoffR
I have an ebook reader Kobo Aura edition 2 with FW 4.2.8110.
Alberto Pettarin (the authorul of the Penelope programme) created for me a romanian language dictionary. In this dictionary the Romanian diacritics ă,â, î show but ş and ţ do not.
Exactly the same thing happens when I open an e-book: only part of the fonts show all diacritics correctly (3 fonts out of 11 are OK: Amasis, Caecilia and Malabar).
Unfortunately Kobo does not allow the use of this fonts in dictionaries.
I would like to kindly ask you if a patch for changing the default font in the custom dictionary exists or could be created in order for all the diacritics to show.
I am also interested in a custom keyboard patches witch would include the romanian diacritics ă (not ã), â, î, ş, ţ for word search.
Thanks you a lot in advance.
Dan Stefanescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:07 PM   #54
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Stefanescu View Post
Alberto Pettarin (the authorul of the Penelope programme) created for me a romanian language dictionary. In this dictionary the Romanian diacritics ă,â, î show but ş and ţ do not.
Exactly the same thing happens when I open an e-book: only part of the fonts show all diacritics correctly (3 fonts out of 11 are OK: Amasis, Caecilia and Malabar).
I would like to kindly ask you if a patch for changing the default font in the custom dictionary exists or could be created in order for all the diacritics to show.
I don't know how to do that sorry. I know others have come across similar problems, I but I don't know if they managed to solve it or not.

Quote:
I am also interested in a custom keyboard patches witch would include the romanian diacritics ă (not ã), â, î, ş, ţ for word search.
That should be easy to do, if you can decide which keys on the ÉÀÇ keypad you want to replace.

Edit: I should ask: do those characters get displayed properly in the book title and author name in the device's library listing? If not, then they probably won't get displayed on the patched keyboard either, but it is fixable if you install the right font. I found when testing with Arabic books that some fonts don't work properly in the device UI even though they worked in the book, while other fonts worked in both the UI and in the book. I think it is a problem with the font itself: many fonts contain errors in their metadata, especially the PANOSE data which the firmware relies on, but they can usually be fixed by editing the font with fontforge. (Even some of the built-in fonts supplied with the firmware contain errors, but they are encrypted and so can't be fixed, so you need to sideload a replacement.)

Last edited by GeoffR; 01-05-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:46 AM   #55
Dan Stefanescu

For GeoffR
Characters ă (not ã), â, î, ş, ţ are displayed properly in the book title and author name in the device's library listing.
I want to replace the first 5 keys in first row on the ÉÀÇ keypad.
Where should this patch be placed: in libadobe.so.patch, libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch, librmsdk.so.1.0.0.patch or nickel.patch ?
Old 01-06-2017, 07:39 PM   #56
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
For GeoffR
Characters ă (not ã), â, î, ş, ţ are displayed properly in the book title and author name in the device's library listing.
I want to replace the first 5 keys in first row on the ÉÀÇ keypad.
Where should this patch be placed: in libadobe.so.patch, libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch, librmsdk.so.1.0.0.patch or nickel.patch ?
I'm not sure what the Aura 2nd edition keyboard layout looks like, so I don't know which keys are the first five on the first row, but you should be able to use the `Keyboard template` patch in post #2 to change the keys you want, and just delete (or comment out) the other replace_string lines for keys that you don't want to change.

e.g. to change the š key to ş, change the following line in the patch:
Code:
replace_string = 0000, `š`, `2`
to
Code:
replace_string = 0000, `š`, `ş`
If the keyboard layout for the Aura 2nd edition is not the same as for the Aura One then the keys will be in different positions, but if you go by the symbol on the key and ignore the comments about position in the patch then it should work out.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:46 AM   #57
Dan Stefanescu

Your procedure works very well.
Thank you very very very much GeoffR.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:18 AM   #58
Maida
Enthusiast
Maida began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
For GeoffR
I have an ebook reader Kobo Aura edition 2 with FW 4.2.8110.
Thanks you a lot in advance.
Hi,
I'm having a Kobo H2O and used penelope to convert the Romanian dictionary DEX and it works fine with me, showing all diacritics. I also uploaded into the dictionary folder the Romanian morphology files, I don' know if that helps, but I almost always get the proper hits.
Maida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:08 AM   #59
Dan Stefanescu

Rugaminte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maida View Post
Hi,
I'm having a Kobo H2O and used penelope to convert the Romanian dictionary DEX and it works fine with me, showing all diacritics. I also uploaded into the dictionary folder the Romanian morphology files, I don' know if that helps, but I almost always get the proper hits.
Buna ziua Maida,
Presupun ca din moment ce folosesti DEX-ul romanesc pot sa-ti scriu in limba romana. M-ar interesa foarte mult fisierele despre care vorbesti. As ramane recunoscator daca mi le-ai putea trimite pe adresa profdanstef@gmail.com
Multumesc anticipat!
Old 01-11-2017, 11:14 AM   #60
LittleBiG
Zealot
LittleBiG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, K4NT, Kobo Mini
Unfortunately on my Kobo Aura Edition 2 the last line on the first page is cut half in the dictionary popup. I tried the corrected patch (because I noticed others had the same problem), but it also didn't work for me. Under 3.19.5761 on my old Kobo Aura I had to make the dictionary window frame 10 pixel bigger (the height) and it solved the problem. Now I don't understand the new patch to modify it. Could anybody help? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by LittleBiG; 01-11-2017 at 11:26 AM.
LittleBiG is offline   Reply With Quote