Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-23-2023, 03:37 PM   #556
MechLegend
MechLegend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite gen 11
Error while choosing KFX format

Hey, I'm trying to create Word wise and X-ray on a KFX book and i'm getting this error every time:

Quote:
calibre, version 6.16.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Welcome to dependency hell: Please delete the 'C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins/worddumb-libs-py*' folder then try again.

Starting job: Generating Word Wise and X-Ray for Shadow and Bone
Job: "Generating Word Wise and X-Ray for Shadow and Bone" failed with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 82, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.parse_job", line 97, in do_job
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.metadata", line 136, in get_asin_etc
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'calibre_plugins.kfx_input'

Called with args: ((6, 'KFX', 'C:\\Users\\user\\Desktop\\Books\\Leigh Bardugo\\Shadow and Bone (6)\\Shadow and Bone - Leigh Bardugo.kfx', <calibre.ebooks.metadata.book.base.Metadata object at 0x000001F1C0F829B0>, 'en'), True, True) {'notifications': <queue.Queue object at 0x000001F1C3337A60>, 'abort': <threading.Event object at 0x000001F1C3337B80>, 'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x000001F1C3337C40>}
It is asking me to delete the "worddumb-libs-py* folder although that I have been done already (multiple times ). Even if the folder is not there in the first place, I'm getting the same error.

The plugin works fine with Mobi/AZW3/EPUB but not with KFX.

Please
MechLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 04:04 PM   #557
MechLegend
MechLegend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite gen 11
Welp, please ignore me. I forgot to install the KFX input plugin :|

Sorryyyyyy
MechLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2023, 11:48 AM   #558
Homer55
Enthusiast
Homer55 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
When trying to create an X-Ray for a book it trows this error

Quote:
calibre, version 6.17.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Tonnerre de Brest!: An error occurred, please copy error message then report bug at GitHub.

Starting job: Generating X-Ray for Worm
Job: "Generating X-Ray for Worm" failed with error:
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.parse_job", line 188, in do_job
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.utils", line 51, in run_subprocess
File "subprocess.py", line 524, in run
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['py', 'C:\\Users\\jhmp_\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plug ins\\WordDumb.zip', '{"create_ww": false, "create_x": true, "asin": "BBNJDKLEK8", "book_path": "E:\\\\bibliobooks\\\\Wildbow\\\\Worm (693)\\\\Worm - Wildbow.kfx", "acr": "CR!VM8NU3YON0K8WODK2K75ZED9L8TV", "revision": "", "model": "en_core_web_md", "lemma_lang": "en", "mobi_codec": "", "useragent": "WordDumb/3.29.1 (https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb)", "book_fmt": "KFX", "plugin_path": "C:\\\\Users\\\\jhmp_\\\\AppData\\\\Roaming\\\\cal ibre\\\\plugins\\\\WordDumb.zip"}', '{"use_pos": true, "search_people": true, "model_size": "md", "zh_wiki_variant": "cn", "fandom": "https://worm.fandom.com", "add_locator_map": false, "preferred_formats": ["KFX", "AZW3", "AZW", "MOBI", "EPUB"], "use_all_formats": false, "minimal_x_ray_count": 2, "en_ipa": "ga_ipa", "zh_ipa": "pinyin", "choose_format_manually": true, "wiktionary_gloss_lang": "en", "kindle_gloss_lang": "en", "use_gpu": false, "cuda": "cu117", "last_opened_kindle_lemmas_language": "ca", "last_opened_wiktionary_lemmas_language": "ca", "use_wiktionary_for_kindle": false, "ca_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "da_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "de_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "el_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "en_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "es_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "fi_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "fr_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "hr_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "it_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "ja_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "ko_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "lt_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "mk_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "nl_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "no_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "pl_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "pt_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "ro_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "ru_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "sv_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "uk_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5, "zh_wiktionary_difficulty_limit": 5}']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

Called with args: ((693, 'KFX', 'E:\\bibliobooks\\Wildbow\\Worm (693)\\Worm - Wildbow.kfx', <calibre.ebooks.metadata.book.base.Metadata object at 0x000001DBF5947490>, 'en'), False, True) {'notifications': <queue.Queue object at 0x000001DBF5944B20>, 'abort': <threading.Event object at 0x000001DBF59450C0>, 'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x000001DBF5944550>}
File "<frozen runpy>", line 198, in _run_module_as_main
File "<frozen runpy>", line 88, in _run_code
File "C:\Users\jhmp_\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\Wo rdDumb.zip\__main__.py", line 40, in <module>
File "C:\Users\jhmp_\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\Wo rdDumb.zip\parse_job.py", line 355, in create_files
File "C:\Users\jhmp_\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\Wo rdDumb.zip\x_ray.py", line 200, in finish
File "C:\Users\jhmp_\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\Wo rdDumb.zip\x_ray.py", line 169, in merge_entities
UnboundLocalError: cannot access local variable 'dest_name' where it is not associated with a value
note that the book in my calibre library doesn't have asin but in the error it has? is it becuase the book doesn't have an asin the problem?
Homer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 07:35 PM   #559
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That was fixed in https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/co...725f6318d2f297
xxyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 09:49 PM   #560
Homer55
Enthusiast
Homer55 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
I'm using the plugin version 3.29.1 (the one that's in calibre database) should I be using a newer one? if so, where do I get it?

Edit: never mind, figured it out, thanks!

Last edited by Homer55; 05-11-2023 at 09:57 PM.
Homer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2023, 10:03 AM   #561
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v3.29.2
  • Fix zh_cn keyerror
  • Ignore decoding subprocess stderr bytes error
  • Fix dest_name undefined error
  • Fix sqlite query error when creating Word Wise for EPUB books
  • Fix lemmas_conn not definied error
  • Update rapidfuzz to 3.0.0
  • Update cupy 12.1.0
Old 06-07-2023, 07:59 AM   #562
Kuronca
Kuronca began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite gen7
Hi, recently I heard about the plugin and sounds very interesting but unfortunetly Im not able to make it work.

I'm running it on W10
Kindle paperwhite gen7

I just simply installed calibre and the plugin from the extension panel. Im not sure if there is anything needed.

The error i got is:

Starting job: Generating Word Wise y X-Ray for XXX
Job: "Generating Word Wise y X-Ray for XXX" failed with error:
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.parse_job", line 154, in do_job
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.deps", line 36, in install_deps
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.deps", line 81, in which_python
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['python', '-c', 'import platform; print(".".join(platform.python_version_tuple()[:2]))']' returned non-zero exit status 9009.

Called with args: ((182, 'EPUB', 'C:\\Users\\User\\Documents\\Biblioteca de calibre\\Folder\\book.epub', <calibre.ebooks.metadata.book.base.Metadata object at 0x0000024110ACB1C0>, 'es'), True, True) {'notifications': <queue.Queue object at 0x0000024110ACB700>, 'abort': <threading.Event object at 0x0000024110ACB2B0>, 'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x0000024110ACBC10>}
No se encontr Python; ejecuta sin argumentos para instalar desde Microsoft Store o deshabilita este acceso directo en Configuracin > Administrar alias de ejecucin de la aplicacin.

Is anything else needed?
Kuronca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 10:05 AM   #563
perisiana
Connoisseur
perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Question, I have added to all my books in my Kindle Oasis x-ray and/or word wise.
I noticed that some of my books don't have the correct ASIN so i can't see the synopsis in the store.
If i update the ASIN and send the book to the kindle without deleting the book from the device, will the x-ray and word wise showing? Or i need to delete the book and send it again with worddumb plugin?
Thanks!

Nevermind, i did it and everything was fine.
I noticed tho that some books, once i add the asin, don't show the x-ray anymore, even deleting the file and sending it again with worddumb.
Is amazon somehow blocking the option once the book is connected with the store?

Last edited by perisiana; 06-07-2023 at 11:13 AM.
perisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 12:04 PM   #564
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
The ASIN in the x-ray file name needs to match the ASIN of the book.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 04:41 AM   #565
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuronca View Post
No se encontr Python; ejecuta sin argumentos para instalar desde Microsoft Store o deshabilita este acceso directo en Configuracin > Administrar alias de ejecucin de la aplicacin.
You need to install Python, please read the document: https://xxyzz.github.io/WordDumb/installation.html
Old 06-16-2023, 11:08 PM   #566
perisiana
Connoisseur
perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The ASIN in the x-ray file name needs to match the ASIN of the book.
I saw it, thanks!
i noticed that when i add the right asin in metadata, even deleting the book from the kindle and unplugging it so all the files get deleted on the kindle (i search for them on windows and nothing popup), when i create a new x-ray or wordwise both the files still show the old/fake asin and i have to change it manually.
Is there a way to avoid this? I have many books to update and this further step is a bit of a pain

nevermind again found it i have to fix the metadata integrating them in the book with the plugin

Last edited by perisiana; 06-17-2023 at 08:51 PM.
perisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 07:52 AM   #567
xxyzz
Evangelist

v3.29.3

- Update rapidfuzz 3.1.1
- Show install Python dialog on Windows if Python is not installed
Old 06-18-2023, 08:01 AM   #568
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by perisiana View Post
I the files still show the old/fake asin and i have to change it manually.
Is there a way to avoid this? I have many books to update and this further step is a bit of a pain
Not sure how you set the ASIN data but I'll explain how WordDumb works: if the ASIN data can't be found or it has invalid format(like a UUID that calibre creates) in the EXTH header for MOBI and AZW3 books, or from KFX input plugin's code for KFX books, a random ASIN will be used. If the calibre library book and the book on Kindle have different ASIN, the ASIN of the book in calibre library will be used and the ASIN of the book on Kindle will be updated.
Old 07-18-2023, 08:14 PM   #569
Sodirow
Sodirow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hello. I come in need of help.

WordDumb works unless I check the "Run spaCy with GPU” option. I followed the instructions at https://xxyzz.github.io/WordDumb/installation.html. The only thing I'm not sure if I did correctly is setting the PATH, because when I do
Quote:
echo %CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM%
I only get
Quote:
%CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM%
as a response.

This is the error I get:
Quote:
calibre, version 6.23.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Tonnerre de Brest!: An error occurred, please copy error message then report bug at GitHub.

Starting job: Generating Word Wise and X-Ray for The Institute: A Novel
Job: "Generating Word Wise and X-Ray for The Institute: A Novel" failed with error:
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.parse_job", line 155, in do_job
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.deps", line 54, in install_deps
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.deps", line 142, in pip_install
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['py', '-m', 'pip', '--disable-pip-version-check', 'install', '-U', '-t', 'C:\\Users\\Sodirow\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\pl ugins\\worddumb-libs-py3.11', '--no-user', 'cupy-wheel==12.1.0']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

Called with args: ((3, 'KFX', 'C:\\Users\\Sodirow\\Calibre Library\\Stephen King\\The Institute_ A Novel (3)\\The Institute_ A Novel - Stephen King.kfx', <calibre.ebooks.metadata.book.base.Metadata object at 0x000001E330C3A500>, 'en'), True, True) {'notifications': <queue.Queue object at 0x000001E330C384F0>, 'abort': <threading.Event object at 0x000001E32E777E50>, 'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x000001E32E777A60>}
WARNING: Built wheel for cupy-wheel is invalid: cupy_wheel-12.1.0-0_cupy-cuda11x-py3-none-any.whl is not a valid wheel filename.
ERROR: Could not build wheels for cupy-wheel, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects
I'd appreciate any help you can provide
Sodirow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 09:39 PM   #570
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Can't seem to make this work despite installing python via homebrew and manually specifying the path variable

Despite this being in [~/Library/Preferences/calibre/macos-env.txt:

```
PATH=/opt/homebrew/opt/python@3.11/libexec/bin:$PATH

```
```
[I] /   master  which python
/usr/local/opt/python@3.11/libexec/bin/python
```

I get this error message:

calibre, version 6.23.0 (darwin, embedded-python: True)
We want... a shrubbery!: Can't find Python. Please read the document of how to install Python.

Starting job: Generating Word Wise and X-Ray for Meditations
Job: "Generating Word Wise and X-Ray for Meditations" failed with error:
File "calibre/gui2/threaded_jobs.py", line 82, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.parse_job", line 154, in do_job
install_deps("lxml", notifications)
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.deps", line 36, in install_deps
PY_PATH, py_version = which_python()
File "calibre_plugins.worddumb.deps", line 84, in which_python
raise Exception("PythonNotFound")
Exception: PythonNotFound

Called with args: ((411, 'EPUB', '/Users/david/syncthing/ebooks/calibre library/Marcus Aurelius (Emperor of Rome)/Meditations (411)/Meditations - Marcus Aurelius (Emperor of Rome).epub', <calibre.ebooks.metadata.book.base.Metadata object at 0x130f2f610>, 'en'), True, True) {'notifications': <queue.Queue object at 0x130f2f4f0>, 'abort': <threading.Event object at 0x130f2f6d0>, 'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x134503c70>}

A little frustrating

Running on my m1 max laptop.

[I] /   master  brew info python
==> python@3.11: stable 3.11.4 (bottled)
Interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming language
https://www.python.org/
/usr/local/Cellar/python@3.11/3.11.4_1 (3,286 files, 62MB) *
Poured from bottle using the formulae.brew.sh API on 2023-07-21 at 19:44:38
From: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew...python@3.11.rb
License: Python-2.0
==> Dependencies
Build: pkg-config ✔
Required: mpdecimal ✔, openssl@3 ✔, sqlite ✔, xz ✔
==> Caveats
Python has been installed as
/usr/local/bin/python3

Unversioned symlinks `python`, `python-config`, `pip` etc. pointing to
`python3`, `python3-config`, `pip3` etc., respectively, have been installed into
/usr/local/opt/python@3.11/libexec/bin

You can install Python packages with
pip3 install <package>
They will install into the site-package directory
/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages

tkinter is no longer included with this formula, but it is available separately:
brew install python-tk@3.11

gdbm (`dbm.gnu`) is no longer included in this formula, but it is available separately:
brew install python-gdbm@3.11
`dbm.ndbm` changed database backends in Homebrew Python 3.11.
If you need to read a database from a previous Homebrew Python created via `dbm.ndbm`,
you'll need to read your database using the older version of Homebrew Python and convert to another format.
`dbm` still defaults to `dbm.gnu` when it is installed.

For more information about Homebrew and Python, see: https://docs.brew.sh/Homebrew-and-Python
==> Analytics
install: 229,427 (30 days), 731,263 (90 days), 982,938 (365 days)
install-on-request: 111,493 (30 days), 347,518 (90 days), 456,041 (365 days)
build-error: 271 (30 days)
[I] /   master 
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
worddumb, x-ray