Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-28-2018, 03:56 PM   #526
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Discountbible.com has a small and very eclectic collection of free downloads.

For you who are very scholarly, you might be interested in one or both of two works which were just very recently added. One is the Babylonian Talmud in Hebrew, and the other is the Full Talmud, translated into English. I can't read Hebrew, so I don't know about the first one of those, but the second one is in the public domain. Hoŵever, both of them are very clean, a condition which you might find difficult to find elsewhere.

All 9 of the ebook downloads are probably in the PDF format--I know that both of the aforementioned tomes are.

Note that the last 2 downloads given on the webpage are _not_ free; in fact none of the last 3 are even books, per se.

https://www.discountbible.com/bible-...Downloads.html.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-28-2018 at 04:09 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:59 AM   #527
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unless there is something that I have not considered or didn't read closely enough, this is truly a stupendous deal.

_Biblical Archaeology Review_ is currently offering their "All Access" package for only $9/year! This package consists of 1) a one-year print subscription, 2) one-year of BAR Tablet Edition, and 3) one-year of the BAS Library. The blurb says that this is a savings of 87%, which means, if my math is correct, that the regular price of this package is $69.

One benefit of the BAS Library, that I especially like, is that you can download "for keeps" every issue of BAR from 2011 forward.

The individual parts of the package are also steeply marked down, but each one is only slightly less in price than the price of the entire All Access package.

You can investigate this deal more for yourself by pointing your browser to https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/SP/BAR/US..._key=ZE8A1LZ40.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-01-2018 at 01:44 AM.
Advert
Old 02-03-2018, 01:26 AM   #528
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

FREE N.T. Wright Book on the Apostle Paul.

Receive N.T. Wright's new book, _How and Why Paul Invented New Testament Theology_, free, courtesy of Wright's website and the Wisconsin Center for Christian Study.

Wright is a prolific and popular writer. One reason for the popularity of his writings is no doubt due to the fact that his writing is clear and easy to read. I do not say those things to take anything away from his scholarship and knowledge, because he certainly has those, too.

The following is the direct URL on Wright's website where you can request the book: http://ntwrightonline.org/paul-ebook...aign=ZE8A15Z40. Be aware that by requesting the book you will be added to the mailing list for Wright's website.

One caveat--"concern" would be too strong of a word--I requested this ebook about 3 or 4 days ago, and have yet to receive it. I did receive notice that I had been added to his mailing list, however. ha It looks like I will have to contact his people to find out what happened to it. Because I haven't received the ebook, and I didn't see the information on the webpage, I am unable to tell you if it comes in the PDF, ePub, or mobi format, or some combination of the three.

I will add that if the title of the book accurately reflects the premise of the book, I disagree with it (Galatians 1:11-12). But books can be used for diffferent purposes . . . .

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-03-2018 at 01:54 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:27 AM   #529
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Deleted.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-03-2018 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:37 AM   #530
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
One caveat--"concern" would be too strong of a word--I requested this ebook about 3 or 4 days ago, and have yet to receive it. I did receive notice that I had been added to his mailing list, however. ha It looks like I will have to contact his people to find out what happened to it. Because I haven't received the ebook, and I didn't see the information on the webpage, I am unable to tell you if it comes in the PDF, ePub, or mobi format, or some combination of the three.
After I entered my email address it took me to a "Subscription Confirmed" page. A few lines below that was the link to download the PDF.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2018, 08:20 AM   #531
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
After I entered my email address it took me to a "Subscription Confirmed" page. A few lines below that was the link to download the PDF.
D'oh!

I've been having to use one of the smartphones, which as you know, have tiny screens at best. Unless I remember to scroll down, I sometimes miss stuff like that. I may miss out on the offer, after I've told other people about it! ha

That reminds me, though--I meant to tell peeps that I don't actually know how good the book is. The book is not listed at Amazon, almost certainly because the book is so new that there are no ratings there for it. Goodreads doesn't list it, either, so there are no ratings there. But N.T. Wright has a good track record for writing great books.

Thanks for letting me know!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-03-2018 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:09 PM   #532
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
D'oh!

I've been having to use one of the smartphones, which as you know, have tiny screens at best. Unless I remember to scroll down, I sometimes miss stuff like that. I may miss out on the offer, after I've told other people about it! ha

That reminds me, though--I meant to tell peeps that I don't actually know how good the book is. The book is not listed at Amazon, almost certainly because the book is so new that there are no ratings there for it. Goodreads doesn't list it, either, so there are no ratings there. But N.T. Wright has a good track record for writing great books.

Thanks for letting me know!
Just sign up again, maybe using a different email.

And it’s more a pamphlet than a book.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:16 PM   #533
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Just sign up again, maybe using a different email.

And it’s more a pamphlet than a book.
I think that I will try that--I can't see how there could be anything unethical about it, since I did fulfill their requirements.

Wright's books, that I've seen, tend to be short, the type large, and the space between lines fairly large. I wouldn't be suprised if many of his books could be formatted to be pamphlet-sized. I'll be anxious to see what this PDF looks like.

Thanks.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-03-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:21 PM   #534
myzr
myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.myzr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Currently free on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B079CL2C7Y/

At the Well: Discovering God’s Plan for Finding True Love
myzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:39 PM   #535
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
I think that I will try that--I can't see how there could be anything unethical about it, since I did fulfill their requirements.

Wright's books, that I've seen, tend to be short, the type large, and the space between lines fairly large. I wouldn't be suprised if many of his books could be formatted to be pamphlet-sized. I'll be anxious to see what this PDF looks like.

Thanks.
I’m not familiar with his short works, pretty sure he’s most famous for his six million page series, Christian Origins and the Question of God. Think I own the first four volumes, but haven’t started because of their size.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:19 PM   #536
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzr View Post

Looks (from the stellar ratings) like a gr8 find. Thanks for posting it!
Old 02-04-2018, 10:25 PM   #537
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
I’m not familiar with his short works, pretty sure he’s most famous for his six million page series, Christian Origins and the Question of God. Think I own the first four volumes, but haven’t started because of their size.
Six million pages! I don't think that even Charles Spurgeon wrote that many. However, if my memory serves me correctly, Spurgeon died at a much younger age than Wright is now . . . .
Old 02-04-2018, 10:42 PM   #538
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by myzr View Post

A bit late for me as I have my fiancee (we will be engaged for a yr on Feb. 14th) but looks like a good book anyway.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #539
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Zondervan's New International Reader's Version Bible translation is on sale for $.99. I also just noticed that this is the 2014 update that I didn't know happened. This may only matter to you if you're a compulsive translation collector , but if you are, it'll only cost you a dollar.

Note that the older NIrV is still available as an ebook, so make sure you're buying the one with a 2014 copyright date.

Old: New:

For anyone that doesn't know, the New International Reader's Version is Zondervan's translation marketed for kids and those that don't read English natively. The vocabulary and grammar are selected to be at a third-grade reading level. The translation is otherwise intended to conform to the NIV.

The changes look to be minor, but they're apparent even on the first page. Here's Genesis 1:1-2 from the 1998 and the 2014 editions:

1998: "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth didn’t have any shape. And it was empty. Darkness was over the surface of the ocean. At that time, the ocean covered the earth. The Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

2014: "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth didn't have any shape. And it was empty. There was darkness over the surface of the waves. At that time, the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

Anyway, here are the links:

B&N
eBooks.com
Christianbook
Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
A bit late for me as I have my fiancee (we will be engaged for a yr on Feb. 14th) but looks like a good book anyway.
Congratulations!
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:47 PM   #540
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post

Congratulations!
Thank you.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote