Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-01-2021, 09:46 AM   #526
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
It seems it does not work on my PW4 with firmware 5.13.3.
I installed latest python package (2.7 and 3) from Niluje latest package. Installed kindle plugin downloaded from Github. Latest KUAL, etc. etc.
When I launch "Update collections (calibre plugin)" or also "Rebuild collections [...]" it displays the "Rebuilding" or "Updating" status line, but it standstills there forever, until I eventually press the key to go to the previous menu.
And no collections are created.

What am I doing wrong?
Uhm. I solved this.
But all I did was uninstalling Niluje's python packages (using the given uninstall .bin which removes both 2.7 and 3), then I reinstalled 2.7 .bin only.
And it all started to work.
Then I installed python 3... and it continued to work.

Also the ss hack, which was "successfully installed" and whose settings changed when I changed them in KUAL, but not actually working (I could still see Kindle standard screensavers with pens, pencils, lettercubes etc), started to work and still works now.

It seems that python2 and python3 can't be installed together in the same mrpi run...
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 09:52 AM   #527
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
They should, though ;p. I'm gonna chalk that one up to Gremlins, then .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2021, 10:23 AM   #528
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
It's entirely possible I broke a minor python thingy in the latest snapshots. Someone will have to run the script in a shell to confirm, as I'm waaaaay swamped :/.
It's only those who do nothing that make no mistakes.
I don't know if it's something that derives from how MRPI processes the two packages when they are together, but I'd say something along these lines.

Quote:
Sidebar: I do remember updating the packages in the first post, though, so at least people shouldn't have to go digging through github to get working code .
Yeah, I actually had the newest archive on first post downloaded, actually, it was how I installed librariansync in the first place, but since it didn't work I figured out it might have been outdated, so first attempt was to try with the one on github... which I later realized to be the same version reading the thread.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 07:24 PM   #529
barsanuphe
Connoisseur
barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.barsanuphe writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2, Kobo H20, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTick View Post
Maybe it'd be possible for @barsanuphe or one of the admins to add link to that repo in the first post (today is 1st anniversary for barsanuphe inactivity on this forum, hope he'll be back one day )
SURPRISE!

I've added the link in the first post. I'm still pleasantly surprised that people find LibrarianSync useful to this day, thanks to everyone providing support/updates!
barsanuphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:15 AM   #530
tadas
tadas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The two things that fixed the identical problem for me:
1) Despite being end of lifed since 2008, the plugin requires Python 2.7, not Python 3

2) Use the latest version of Librarian Sync, from Gitlab, not the one on page 1 of this thread.

The command to get this is
git clone https://github.com/NiLuJe/librariansync

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaesse View Post
So, I got the menu showing... and when I click on the menu item (I've tried both "Rebuild collections (calibre plugin)" and "Update collections (calibre plugin)") it shows the status line at the bottom of the screen but never seems to do anything else. I've waited for over an hour before backing out and not a single collection is actually created.

Best I can figure there's a problem in one of four places: KUAL, MRPI, LibrarianSync (all on Kindle), or Kindle Collections (in Calibre). However, the last has been in use successfully on the old Kindle, so I tend to think that's not the problem.
tadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2022, 10:58 AM   #531
Yangshuo
Yangshuo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
Please add new file update.bin support kindle ppw5 at first post.

Last edited by Yangshuo; 07-15-2022 at 11:40 AM.
Yangshuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:02 PM   #532
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That'll happen once I actually have time to update the dependencies, builds, and the Calibre plugin .

Maaaaybe at the end of August. Maaaybe.

(There are actual changes necessary for PW5 support, a simple update repack won't cut it).
Old 07-16-2022, 09:57 AM   #533
Yangshuo
Yangshuo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
I really appreciate this. Thanks
Yangshuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:03 PM   #534
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Tester for Librariansync on PW5 fw 5.14.2

Hi all, I have a Kindle Paperwhite 11th with
  • fw 5.14.2
  • jailbreak
  • KUAL
  • Python
  • KOReader
  • Librariansync

I'd like to use Librariansync to export collections to Calibre. When I press "Export current collections" Librariansync prints "Exporting collection..." and apparentrly it doesn't finish. In the mrpackages folder, however, there is the exported_collections.json file with the correct collections.

Where can I consult the log file to see any error messages?

Thanks

Stefano
stefano.sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 11:53 AM   #535
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I haven't had time to rebuild stuff for the PW5 yet .
Old 08-18-2022, 11:43 AM   #536
stefano.sb
Zealot
stefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheesestefano.sb can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Thanks!

If it can be useful using kterm I ran ./generate_collections.py --export > export.log 2>&1 and the output was been

[FBInk] Unidentified Kindle device 1PX (0x6FF) [G001PX]!
[FBInk] [refresh_kindle] MXCFB_SEND_UPDATE: Interrupted system call!
[FBInk] [fbink_print] Failed to refresh the screen!

As I have already said I am available for further tests and verifications

Stefano
Old 08-22-2022, 08:32 AM   #537
wow400
wow400 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
+1 for the PW5 please!!!
wow400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 08:55 AM   #538
wow400
wow400 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano.sb View Post
Hi all, I have a Kindle Paperwhite 11th with
  • fw 5.14.2
  • jailbreak
  • KUAL
  • Python
  • KOReader
  • Librariansync

I'd like to use Librariansync to export collections to Calibre. When I press "Export current collections" Librariansync prints "Exporting collection..." and apparentrly it doesn't finish. In the mrpackages folder, however, there is the exported_collections.json file with the correct collections.

Where can I consult the log file to see any error messages?

Thanks

Stefano

I couldn't even get Librariansync to load in KUAL / MRPI - how did you do that?
I've got all the pre requesits and it just deletes the .bin rather than loading it into KUAL!

*Disregard - I downloaded the file from GitHub & it made it's way onto KUAL :-)*

Last edited by wow400; 08-22-2022 at 10:14 AM.
wow400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 04:39 PM   #539
stefano.sb
Zealot

Quote:
Hi @NiLuJe....
Old 09-22-2022, 02:02 PM   #540
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Still pending .

Tags
kindle collections, librariansync