Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-15-2022, 02:02 AM   #511
rumplestiltskin
Connoisseur
rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHD8, iPad
It sounds like you are using a "too new" Kindle app version. Try locating and installing an older version; I use v1.17. Then re-download your book with that app version. Amazon will provide a version of the book with the older DRM which Calibre (with the appropriate plugin) will be able to convert to non-DRM.

Be sure you UNcheck the "check for updates" checkbox in the older app so it won't get updated to the new version by Amazon.
rumplestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 02:08 AM   #512
DevineOne
DevineOne began at the beginning.

Device: Apple Books
Kindle 1.17 is a 32-bit program, it no longer works on MacOS. I tried it.
Calibre reads the file, populates proper metadata; I was using the current version and it did not to this, it also displayed a different error stating that it could not be converted. I do have updates unchecked.
DevineOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2022, 02:39 AM   #513
rumplestiltskin
Connoisseur
rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rumplestiltskin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHD8, iPad
No 32-bit apps...what a drag. I switched to Windows after 30+ years of Mac. 32-bit apps are still permitted.

How about installing Windows in VirtualBox? Then you can use older apps as needed. I found Adobe's Digital Editions v3 to be -way- more reliable than the newer versions; I use that for ePubs from the Public Library.

Once you do the DRM stripping with the Windows version of Calibre, you can always move the ePub/mobi file over to the Mac side and drop it into Calibre again.

Just trying to come up with a workaround for you. Good luck.
rumplestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 03:50 AM   #514
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevineOne View Post
I'm receiving "This book has DRM" error.
Assistance with DRM removal is not allowed here on MobileRead. I suggest that you ask for help at
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/issues
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 01:04 PM   #515
DevineOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Assistance with DRM removal is not allowed here on MobileRead. I suggest that you ask for help at
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/issues
This is literally what this thread is about. Removing DRM and converting audiobooks.
Advert
Old 04-16-2022, 01:17 PM   #516
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
This is literally what this thread is about. Removing DRM and converting audiobooks.
NO it is not. MR has site rules. This is all that is allowed (read MR Guidelines. Link at the bottom of most pages). FWIW We used to not be allowed even this much, only hint.

It is directing you to another site
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 01:44 PM   #517
DevineOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
NO it is not. MR has site rules. This is all that is allowed (read MR Guidelines. Link at the bottom of most pages). FWIW We used to not be allowed even this much, only hint.

It is directing you to another site
Explain to me what KFX Input is please.
Old 04-16-2022, 02:58 PM   #518
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Quote:
Explain to me what KFX Input is please.
To quote the first paragraph of the first message in this thread:
Quote:
The KFX Input plugin allows books in Amazon KFX format to be imported and converted to other e-book formats, such as EPUB, for archival and for reading on alternate devices. The plugin can convert from several KFX variants: Monolithic KFX, KFX-ZIP, or KPF.
Yes, removing DRM is needed for using KFX format ebooks but I am somewhat curious as to how this was understood as removing DRM and converting audiobooks.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 03:50 PM   #519
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please respect the rules of the MobileRead forum, which is made available to all of us for free. This plugin only works on books that do not contain DRM. Please take DRM issues to the appropriate place.

I was not trying to be a jerk and only meant to point out the rules. I ask everyone else to do the same.

Last edited by jhowell; 04-16-2022 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-16-2022, 04:24 PM   #520
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Good evening,
I'm receiving "This book has DRM" error.
MacOS 10.15.7
Kindle 1.26.1
Calibre 5.40
I have installed DeDRM and KFX Input.
I've run 'sudo chmod -x'.
I'm unsure what else I can do.
Should I attempt using Kindle 1.30?
One solution is to buy a cheap Kindle that can handle KF8 and register that with your Amazon account. Then you'll be able to download your Kindle eBooks direct from Amazon and remove the DRM with the DeDRM plugin and Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 10:32 AM   #521
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.48.0 - 17 Apr 2022

Allow conversion of of books that use KFX Illustrated Layout such as Amazon Original Stories and Kindle in Motion books. (Fixes "KeyError('$176')" and "book fragment used multiple times: $259")

Allow conversion of table cells that contain only a horizontal rule element. (Fixes "unexpected hr found in table_row")

Support additional KFX capability (yj_fixed_layout-2) and features (yj_arabic_fixed_format-1 and yj_direction_rtl-1).

Retain the original image mode when combining grayscale tiles into a single image.
Old 04-26-2022, 05:45 PM   #522
joegnis
joegnis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks for your effort, jhowell. I just came across upon on a book only available on Amazon and has a Print Replica format. With the help of your tool and some trial and errors, I have successfully extracted PDF content from it. Just registered and say my thanks!
joegnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 06:17 PM   #523
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegnis View Post
Thanks for your effort, jhowell.
You’re welcome.
Old 05-26-2022, 09:42 AM   #524
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi, jhowell:

The `content` string from `convert_to_json_content()` contains footnote number, which causes spaCy to mark words around this number as a single named entity. For example: "Viktor Chebrikov.69 Gorbachev", the number 69 is the footnote number and "Gorbachev" is the first word of the next sentence.

Could you please split the paragraph contains footnote number(also remove this number) to separate paragraphs if this feature doesn't require too much time to implement?

Last edited by xxyzz; 05-26-2022 at 09:48 AM.
xxyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:31 PM   #525
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
Hi, jhowell:

The `content` string from `convert_to_json_content()` contains footnote number, which causes spaCy to mark words around this number as a single named entity. For example: "Viktor Chebrikov.69 Gorbachev", the number 69 is the footnote number and "Gorbachev" is the first word of the next sentence.

Could you please split the paragraph contains footnote number(also remove this number) to separate paragraphs if this feature doesn't require too much time to implement?
Luckily KFX format supports a semantic indicator that shows whether text is a footnote reference. That is set as long as the conversion process recognizes a properly formatted footnote.

Using that I can add an option to replace characters that make up a footnote link with spaces. So that in your example "Viktor_Chebrikov.69_Gorbachev" would become "Viktor_Chebrikov.___Gorbachev".

Hopefully that will be enough to solve the problem for you. If there are other cases of numbers appearing in text that cause problems for spaCy you may need to come up with other ways to recognize them and filter them out.