Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-23-2020, 04:04 PM   #496
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Gibbo: As far as MiniClock is concerned, man strftime .

I don't know what you're currently using, but, say, %I instead of %H .

----

As far as Nickel is concerned, it's probably tied to the locale/language you're using.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
For miniclock %I%M%S would get you a 12hr clock with hour:min:seconds so 11:31:20 add %p to get AM/PM or %P to get am/pm

For Kobo you'll have to do the following

KOBOeReader/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf" there is an entry:

[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale=en_GB

I'm assuming it's currently set to =en_US

Not sure of what else that affects, but it shouldn't break anything beyond the point where you can just change it back to whatever it was before you changed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
My .conf just had "CurrentLocale=en" before the change, setting it to "CurrentLocale=en_GB" a week or more ago has so far had no discernible impact beyond the desired change to 24-hr clock display.
Thanks guys.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 07:10 AM   #497
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDeadPpl View Post
How about creating a dedicated MiniClock thread?
As it is now, the thread title states that this is for the Clara e-reader, and the OP is a question about if it's possible to show a clock while reading.
Post #6 looks like it has the answer with links to MiniClock files, but those who have read the whole thread "know" that it's post #311 that has the latest version.
Yes please! I think there should be a dedicated thread in the Developers Corner sub forum. (I just spent hours and hours looking for the mini clock there ) It’s also very difficult to navigate / find all the (update) info needed if you haven’t actively followed along this discussion live. It would be good to have the first post list the different available versions including information on what the differences are. Similar to frostschutz’ post #6 (I have no idea now which version to install).

It would already help if frostschutz could update post 6 with a link to NiLuJe’s post #311...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2020, 09:46 AM   #498
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
It would already help if frostschutz could update post 6 with a link to NiLuJe’s post #311...
Good suggestion, added a link.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 10:34 AM   #499
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Good suggestion, added a link.
Yay, thank you!
Old 09-07-2020, 01:42 PM   #500
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
In the meantime, here's a test package, as I've finished testing on my end, and nothing horrible happened ^^.

Configs should be compatible, but do review the updated example .
I completely stripped the patch codepath, so Libra/Forma users who use buttons will have to use the not-yet-in-a-release relevant kobopatch patch .

That's the only gotchas I can think of, so, brave testers welcome ;p.

EDIT: And of course, 5min later I remember that I forgot to check straight ePubs, aaaaaand, yep, we're too fast. Yet another proof that ePub performance is subpar.

EDIT²: Fixed it :/.

EDIT³: Now ignores gyro events by default, to prevent them from feeding the cooldown (c.f., the new graylist option).
NiLuJe, your post #311 states you’ve attached a test package... but reading more of this thread from after you wrote that, it appears you’ve updated the package several times. Is it still a test package? Or now a working updated mini clock? If the latter, would you mind editing the text in your post to reflect what is now actually attached there? It would make things quite a lot less confusing

Thanks !
Advert
Old 09-07-2020, 02:42 PM   #501
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Mrs_Often: That's a good point .

It's technically still "experimental", in the sense that I don't actually actively use it myself (it's installed on my guinea pig device basically just in order to maybe perhaps catch glaring issues by chance ;p), but it nonetheless should have seen some actual action without much issues by now .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-07-2020 at 02:55 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 03:00 PM   #502
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
[...] but it nonetheless should have seen some actual action without much issues by now .
Plus Jackie has been testing it (judging from all her and your messages in this thread) so it must be a wonderfully working clock by now

Edit: just spotted your updated #311... !!!
Old 11-11-2020, 02:00 AM   #503
itsme2020
itsme2020 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi

I joined the forum because I want to re-activate my old Kobo Aura H20. I’d love to use the Miniclock and so I am wondering if I can use it in my old device? ( I think I saw that somebody did that but there are soooo many posts ...)
Nevertheless, I tried to install the package from post 311 but no .addons directory was created. Do I have to do it manually ?
Does the package depend on the FW version ?

Thank you for your help. !
itsme2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:22 AM   #504
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@itsme2020: I'd highly recommend running an up-to-date firmware version, but the device itself is not an issue.

So, define "install". (The TL;DR: being: unzip somewhere, move KoboRoot.tgz to the device's .kobo folder, eject & unplug, watch it reboot).
Old 11-11-2020, 10:33 AM   #505
itsme2020
itsme2020 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks - I think I forgot the "Unzip" und copied the complete zip file to .kobo
Now , it seems to work but I need to tweak the font / placement :
I'd like the time in the upper right corner in (preferrably) the same font has the Header/Footer. Do you happen to have any further tips before I start with trial and error.
itsme2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #506
NiLuJe
BLAM!

The config file itself should be amply documented, so I'd rather you look at it *first*, then get back to me with specific questions if something doesn't make sense .
Old 11-27-2020, 07:48 PM   #507
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
I am trying to get this to work on my Libra. So far, no luck.

I downloaded KoboRoot-MiniClock-20200908.zip, renamed it KoboRoot.tgz. Copied it to .kobo on my reader, ejected, and watched it go through the patch cycle. Upon restart, the KoboRoot.tgz is gone. However,

I don't see any clock on my book pages.

I don't have an .addons directory, but I do have an .adds directory. Should I create one for the config file? It seems like from reading the docs an example one was going to be created somewhere, but I don't see it.

Last edited by jeff47; 11-27-2020 at 07:52 PM.
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 07:54 PM   #508
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff47 View Post
I downloaded KoboRoot-MiniClock-20200908.zip, renamed it KoboRoot.tgz.
*meep* ;p.

It's the file *inside* the zip that you'll want to rename .
Old 11-27-2020, 08:06 PM   #509
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
Quote:
*meep* ;p.

It's the file *inside* the zip that you'll want to rename .
Woah! So my Mac unzipped both in a chain and I guess the second stage of unzipping flashed by so quickly I never saw it. Didn't even realize there was an enclosed tgz.

It's working now. Dear god the default is ugly. Choosy beggars, eh?
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:35 PM   #510
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Ah, macOS shenanigans. Don't get me started on those .

----

VGA forever ;p.