Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2020, 06:52 AM   #466
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That means you have developers mode turned on. There will also be a syslog file. Turning developer mode off will prevent them being created. But, will also take away whatever function in the developer mode that you wanted to use.
Hello, i have disabled the developer mode, and these files will create again!
Also in times when i not use may Kobo!
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:00 AM   #467
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalau View Post
Hello, i have disabled the developer mode, and these files will create again!
Also in times when i not use may Kobo!
The file should be created when you connect the device to USB. If you are using a hack that simulates a USB connection, it would probably create them as well.

To stop them completely, you might need to delete the "Log" line in the config file. This will be in the "DeveloperSettings". Turning off the developers mode might still eave these active.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2020, 12:23 PM   #468
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

@davidfor Thanks, fore your Answer, can you tell me what line i have to delete, i cannot find a line with log inside?
And why was the file createt in the Night, when i not use my Kobo?
I think you mean the Kobo eReader.conf , in /.kobo/Kobo?

Last edited by jamalau; 06-22-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:28 PM   #469
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@jamalau: IIRC, some the patches to enforce/toggle dev options automatically and/or from somewhere else enable logging as a side-effect.

A fake/manual usb session shouldn't, on the other hand .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 12:42 PM   #470
jamalau
Connoisseur

Thanks for the Answer, but how can i switched this off?
When i not look in my KoboDirectory, i have, after a short Time, more then 100 Files inside!

I think it is OT in this Thread, can anyone move this to a Single Thread?

Last edited by jamalau; 06-22-2020 at 01:57 PM.
Advert
Old 06-23-2020, 10:56 AM   #471
jsessions
Enthusiast
jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo & Clara HD
Out of interest how easy would it be to tweak miniclock to save its config files in .adds (like many other programs incl KFMON, KOReader, Plato, PBChess, NickelMenu etc) rather than it's own new directory .addons?
jsessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:58 PM   #472
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@jsessions:

Code:
┌─(niluje@illyria:pts/5)────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────(~/MPLAYER/Frostschutz-Kobo/MiniClock)─┐
└─(0.35:48%:18:58:%)── grep -r '.addons'                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ──(Tue, Jun 23)─┘
usr/local/MiniClock/miniclock.sh:BASE="/mnt/onboard/.addons/miniclock"
mnt/onboard/.addons/miniclock/miniclock.example.cfg:#     copy or rename this file to .addons/miniclock/miniclock.cfg
mnt/onboard/.addons/miniclock/miniclock.example.cfg:# To debug, set to 1 (will create .addons/miniclock/debuglog.txt)
Old 06-23-2020, 01:38 PM   #473
jsessions
Enthusiast
jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo & Clara HD
Interesting so just by changing the BASE value in miniclock.sh it could sit nicely in .adds
jsessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 06:56 AM   #474
jamalau
Connoisseur

Hello, Minclock doesn´t toggle on my Aura Second Editon v1, i have tried the newe Version fom #311, and in miniclock.cfg overlay=0, both not work, what can ido?

Last edited by jamalau; 06-24-2020 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:31 AM   #475
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@jamalau: Actually actionable information would be nice, for a start. ("not working" doesn't mean anything to me).

You can also enable debug mode in the config and check the log (.addons/miniclock/debuglog.txt).
Old 06-25-2020, 04:20 AM   #476
jamalau
Connoisseur

Oh sorry, i mean toggle in Nightmode, the same how my Kobo Forma,/Aura but this was solved, some posts before!

Gesendet von meinem SM-T835 mit Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2020, 11:01 AM   #477
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@jackie_w mentioned in another thread (and earlier here) that having the patch to toggle nightmode from somewhere else (epub page? dunno) was causing duplicate entries in the config, breaking the detection.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:28 AM   #478
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@jackie_w mentioned in another thread (and earlier here) that having the patch to toggle nightmode from somewhere else (epub page? dunno) was causing duplicate entries in the config, breaking the detection.
The patch and miniclock get along, it’s the patch plus nickelmenu plus miniclock where the issue of toggling nightmode with nickelmenu comes in. Because the patch stores the setting in one place while NM stores it in another. I’m not sure if jamalau had the nightmode patch on their Forma but disabling the patch and removing the line it adds to the kobo config file resolved the issue when I had it.

Of course she explains it better than I am:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
NickelMenu will store the InvertScreen=true setting in its correct section, [FeatureSettings] in the .conf file.

The earlier Adobe page numbers kobopatch will store that same setting in the [Reading] section, because it had no choice. If you haven't already you need to:
- disable the patch
- manually delete InvertScreen=true from the [Reading] section.

If you don't do that you'll get the 2 entries fighting each other and the MiniClock display may have a white background after inverting the screen.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 04:22 AM   #479
jamalau
Connoisseur

@MGlitch Thanks, deleting from InvertScreen=true/false, has solved the Problem!
Old 08-14-2020, 06:27 AM   #480
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Now that there is a constant clock on the home screen, would it be possible to have miniclock only shown in the book view? I.e. hide it whenever the other clock is shown?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote