Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-10-2020, 08:05 PM   #466
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Okay, back home .

https://github.com/NiLuJe/librariansync *should* now be able to run under Python 3 (untested).

Just swap the python2.7 to python3 in the shebang.

(Because new builds won't come until a few days, most likely around the end of the week-end ).
Using Python 3:

Spoiler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./generate_collections.py", line 302, in <module>
log(LIBRARIAN_SYNC, "main", "Starting...")
File "/mnt/us/extensions/librariansync/kindle_logging.py", line 56, in log
displayed += utf8_str(msg)
TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "bytes") to str
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:57 PM   #467
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Finally got around to unearthing my backups. I just rolled back to the last working version of python (and linkss just in case) for now.
Advert
Old 06-11-2020, 05:05 PM   #468
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ilovejedd: Python 3, yaaaaaay. -_-". FWIW, I should have fixed that, LS should run both with Python 3 or Python 2 (for real) now .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 05:57 PM   #469
Jager956
Jager956 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Hello,

first thank you very much for your hard work.
I know this is my first post here, but so far I was able to always find answer to my problems or questions. However this time I am puzzled.
So, I JB my PW3 (followed procedure for 5.9.6, upgraded then to 5.9.7). Kual installed. Installed Python and LS. I dl latest github version from NiLuJe and extracted to extensions folder. I see Librarian Sync in Kual Menu.
In Calibre I installed plugin and configured it, synced (I see collections.json in system folder with correct time)

When I click Update collections (calibre plugin), at the bottom I see Updating collections (from Calibre)...
And then nothing happens. I left it at that for long time, but no difference. No collections created. Books are still ungrouped.

As I read posts, I tried now to uninstall Python and installed Python3. I redl latedt LS from github (commit 93a5c21 from 1h ago, I saw it should work with P3). Same thing, nothing really happes, same text at the bottom.

I also thought that I have too many books (144) and it takes a long time, but now I removed all but two books and tried again. No prior collections on Kindle. Same thing. So, only two books, in one calibre collection. Should work quickly. Nope.

Any ideas what to try next? Any more information needed?

Currently my JSON looks like (Greenies is name of calibre collection, don't know where @en-US came from):

{"Greenies@en-US": {"items": ["*00fcc597c4a2b5016bc1cfcaa16ed6e30c76ec38", "*cb0c918fb3856aa24a6c40f8dd28272d372a04a7"], "lastAccess": 1234567890000}}

Thank you for your time. J.
Jager956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:11 PM   #470
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Jager956:

That's because you're not actually running LS under Python 3 until...
Quote:
Just swap the python2.7 to python3 in the shebang.
(Sidebar: uninstalling Python 2 was unnecessary ).
Advert
Old 06-11-2020, 09:30 PM   #471
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager956 View Post
I also thought that I have too many books (144) and it takes a long time, but now I removed all but two books and tried again. No prior collections on Kindle. Same thing. So, only two books, in one calibre collection. Should work quickly. Nope.
144 books is nothing. I have over two thousand books on mine and that takes just 3 minutes or so to update. 144 books should take less than 10 seconds.

Anyway, I've tested it working on Python 3 on my PW4 (~50 books).

Off to try it on the PW3 with 2K+ next. No wonder search was slow. Gonna need to prune that one.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:07 AM   #472
Jager956
Jager956 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
@Jager956:

That's because you're not actually running LS under Python 3 until...

(Sidebar: uninstalling Python 2 was unnecessary ).

Thank you, that did the trick. Collections are now generated in few seconds.

J.
Jager956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 10:10 AM   #473
illegaleagle
illegaleagle began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis
Hi

I think I'm having the same problem as Jaeger, above. My Kindle takes hours to update collections, and even when it says it has finished, the only collection I can see on it is the one I created on the Kindle itself earlier.

I set Librarian Sync to work at 6pm yesterday - it still hadn't finished at midnight, and when I looked this morning hadn't done anything. I've tried again now and it's been running for an hour without success.

I have a Kindle Oasis running 4.6, it's jailbroken, has KUAL installed, Librarian Sync shows up in KUAL. I have Collection Manager installed in Calibre, and after running it, it indicates that i have 465 books in 45 collections.

I'm running Python 3.8.

I'm good at following instructions but i'm not a coder and I didn't understand what it was you told Jaeger to do which worked so just to warn you that I might need to ask for extra detail.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
illegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:36 PM   #474
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@illegaleagle: The latest snapshots have since been fixed, you don't have anything to do besides having Python 2 installed, and using a recent LS installed from git.

Sidebar: 4.6 is *NOT* an eInk Kindle FW version ^^.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:31 AM   #475
illegaleagle

Thanks, NiLuJe.

Sorry, I should have said 5.7.4.

So I need to uninstall Python 3.8 and replace with Python 2.x, right? And after that, hopefully it will work.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:51 PM   #476
illegaleagle

Yay! It worked. Thank you again.

Now to get collections sorted by LN FN.
Old 07-10-2020, 03:57 PM   #477
lrpirlet
Connoisseur
lrpirlet began at the beginning.

Location: Belgium (sorry, I am from the Walloon side of the country and I speak french only)
Device: PW3, Kobo Libra H2O
Question LibrarianSync and Screensaver both need Python

I did successfully JailBrake my PW3 running 5.12.4, installed KUAL (booklet, implies MRPI) and a few extensions such as KUAL+, gAwk, helper. No problem even if it was not quite straightforward (I will report in another thread as it may help others).

I now want to install both the screensaver (cover mod) and the LibrarianSync. They both need Python. I am not sure what version on Python is needed for LibrarianSync.

My questions:
  • would one installation of Python 2.7 support BOTH hacks?
  • I only know (poke around would be more correct) Python 3, could I have both version of python installed in the PW3?

Last but not least, sorry if I better asked in the screensaver thread.
lrpirlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:44 AM   #478
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Both Python versions can be installed concurrently (in fact, that's what was happening until very recently).

That said, the doc is still canonical: it says to install "Python". The only Python package named "Python" is the 2.7 one .
Old 07-21-2020, 11:34 PM   #479
LuiMD
LuiMD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW3
How to install LibrarianSync

Hi, i have jailbroken my KPP4, downgrading it to FW 5.10x
Successful on KUAL, screensavers, but I am trying to download librariansync folder from https://github.com/barsanuphe/librariansync, but I can't seem to do it. Can anyone please give me a little help. Thanks!
LuiMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:38 PM   #480
LuiMD
LuiMD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmajbs View Post
Hi,
I hava a 3PW (G090 G105) and would be much grateful if you could help me with librariansync installation.
I have JB my device (Jailbreak-1.14.N-FW-5.x-hotfix.zip). Then, installed KUAL-v2.7.zip, kual-mrinstaller-1.6.N.zip, kual-helper-0.5.N.zip, kindle-linkss-0.24.N.zip and kyndle-python-0.14.N-pw2_kt2_pw3_koa_kt3.zip).
Then, I get lost. I have created the librariansync folder within documents folder and then saved there librar¡yansync-1.10.tar.gz or librar¡yansync-1.10.bin. restarted the kindle but nothing happened.
Then, saved librar¡ansync-1.10.bin into the mrpackages folder and gone into Helper+>Install MR Packages but, again, nothing. No librariuanSync entry into KOAL.
I know I have missed something, but cannot guess what. Can you please help me?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Hi I read your next post on how you downloaded the librariansync folder from https://github.com/barsanuphe/librariansync and I have tried to do the same but it only downloads in html format. I know this is ooooold, but can you or someone please help, thanks in advance!
LuiMD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle collections, librariansync