Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-02-2016, 09:31 PM   #451
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I think a lot of the reason for the buzz is the large size of the new Kobo. A lot of people have been clamoring for a larger ereader.

In my retirement home quite a few people will want one although I doubt anyone here will get one. Most can't even afford a 6" ereader. I sell them my older ones at a lower price or they'd be without. A few have bought new Paperwhites but they've had a hard time saving for them.

Still, the larger size will be so attractive that someone might get one.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:50 AM   #452
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I think a lot of the reason for the buzz is the large size of the new Kobo. A lot of people have been clamoring for a larger ereader.

In my retirement home quite a few people will want one although I doubt anyone here will get one. Most can't even afford a 6" ereader. I sell them my older ones at a lower price or they'd be without. A few have bought new Paperwhites but they've had a hard time saving for them.

Barry
Barry, I would gladly donate my Aura HD to your retirement home. I would cover the shipping costs too. please PM me if you are interested.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2016, 10:10 AM   #453
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Barry, I would gladly donate my Aura HD to your retirement home. I would cover the shipping costs too. please PM me if you are interested.
Thanks. I just talked with my neighbor who said he'd be delighted to have it. He's been using an old Kindle 4 with the text enlarged a lot and the larger screen will probably be a big help to him, as will the light.

I'll send you a PM with his information.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:03 AM   #454
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Thanks. I just talked with my neighbor who said he'd be delighted to have it. He's been using an old Kindle 4 with the text enlarged a lot and the larger screen will probably be a big help to him, as will the light.

I'll send you a PM with his information.

Barry
Got it, answered you .
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:59 AM   #455
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Sure, but I don't remember so much "buzz" for any of their earlier models.
It could also be because the Oasis didn't fall right with a lot of Kindle users (for various reasons) and now they're looking at their neighbour too? You know the grass is always greener on the other side (especially if you think the grass on your side has become just short of hay!)

Quote:

Barry
Once I've got mine, I think I'll have to visit my grandmother. She's lost alot of her vision but she's always loved to read. The One might give her a font large enough to see while still having some more words per page than 3 or 4...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2016, 06:52 PM   #456
Alphabase
Alphabase is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo aura hd, Kobo Aura One
Well I preordered mine from the kobo website.

As an FYI for you that are interested, if you go through the ebates website to the Kobo website they are offering 5% cashback for any ereader purchases.
Alphabase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:58 AM   #457
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
In some stores, the Aura ONE is available in the Netherlands; at least, it is stated as "In stock, ordered today, delivered tomorrow." The sleep cover is nowhere to be seen, but I don't want that anyway; I don't want a built in stand making the cover itself floppy. I'll wait for a third party one from Gecko or something before ordering anything.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:47 AM   #458
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
In some stores, the Aura ONE is available in the Netherlands; at least, it is stated as "In stock, ordered today, delivered tomorrow." The sleep cover is nowhere to be seen, but I don't want that anyway; I don't want a built in stand making the cover itself floppy. I'll wait for a third party one from Gecko or something before ordering anything.
BOL.COM sells both the Aura One (mine is on its way as we speak; preordered it last week) and the sleepcover.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 06:35 AM   #459
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
BOL.COM sells both the Aura One (mine is on its way as we speak; preordered it last week) and the sleepcover.
Yes, but delivery of the sleepcover will take 5-10 days.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:05 AM   #460
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Yes, but delivery of the sleepcover will take 5-10 days.
OK, didn't know that; I didn't order it.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:15 AM   #461
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
The sleepcover is too expensive for what it offers, and I don't like the stand mode. I never use it, and the option just makes the cover itself floppy. I want a rigid front cover.

I've been using a €12 PU-leather sleepcover off of eBay with my Kindle PW1, for almost 4 years now, and it's holding up perfectly, even after daily being taken out in public transport and tossed in a bag and, at home, on the table.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:42 AM   #462
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
The sleepcover is too expensive for what it offers, and I don't like the stand mode. I never use it, and the option just makes the cover itself floppy. I want a rigid front cover.

I've been using a €12 PU-leather sleepcover off of eBay with my Kindle PW1, for almost 4 years now, and it's holding up perfectly, even after daily being taken out in public transport and tossed in a bag and, at home, on the table.
I don't mind the "floppy" cover on my tablet (8"), but that's because I often have it on my desk in landscape mode (as some kind of second monitor). I'm not sure I'd want to use it on an ereader... So, I also will wait for a nice cover by a third party.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:32 AM   #463
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Paperwhite Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
1000MB is 1GB so 2GB can store 20 text books. Who needs more that that?
I'm just a semi-serious reader compared to most people on Mobileread, but my to-read list is 5.23GB and my alread-read archive is 4.7GB.

Now I personally only keep around 10-20 books on device at any time, but many MR members seem to like having their entire library accessible. So if someone like me is already up at around 10GB, I can't imagine what it's like for the book-a-day readers.

Edit: and this doesn't even include comics and manga which I tend to read on tablets instead.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:52 PM   #464
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radius View Post
I'm just a semi-serious reader compared to most people on Mobileread, but my to-read list is 5.23GB and my alread-read archive is 4.7GB.

Now I personally only keep around 10-20 books on device at any time, but many MR members seem to like having their entire library accessible. So if someone like me is already up at around 10GB, I can't imagine what it's like for the book-a-day readers.

Edit: and this doesn't even include comics and manga which I tend to read on tablets instead.
I read a lot of books but the majority are library books so they go away once I have finished them. I can't afford to buy enough books to fill up all the storage on the device!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #465
dstinson
"But it's a dry heat!"
dstinson began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20 , Kindle Voyage
I agree about the cover. I do not like the covers that fold all around. They are just not practical for casual reading.
dstinson is offline   Reply With Quote