Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #31
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I suspect there won't be support for any DRM book formats. This puts the device where non-Apple MP3 players are compared to the iPod -- an attractive, less expensive alternative to the "real thing", but you need to know a bit more about what you're doing to use one, and you also have to be able to take a certain kind of stand on fair use and copyright law.

I'd still get one for my 12 year old daughter if they were available, though. (She actually doesn't like my crumbly old yellow paperbacks that I've been saving for a generation for her!)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #32
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
What are young people coming to? The ingratitude.

(that is meant tongue in cheek, in case it needs to be said )
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 PM   #33
File
File can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blue

College student, tight budget. For the functionality and ease provided, this price is very attractive and I would surely buy one. And after, advertise to anyone curious.
File is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:38 AM   #34
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
What are young people coming to? The ingratitude.

(that is meant tongue in cheek, in case it needs to be said )
Well kids at least would have a more reasonable purpose for all that paper than dogs would!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:23 PM   #35
drahnreb
drahnreb began at the beginning.

Not supporting the PDF-Format they will not have any success.
drahnreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2007, 06:06 PM   #36
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drahnreb
Not supporting the PDF-Format they will not have any success.
Uhm. Sony doesn't support PDF as well, but it is very popular
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #37
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Well, the Sony does support PDF, it just doesn't support A4 sized PDFs -- not very well, anyway.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #38
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Well, the Sony does support PDF, it just doesn't support A4 sized PDFs -- not very well, anyway.
Oh well. We have been through this before

* Stage 1
I can say that I can write programs using C++.
Sony says it supports PDF.

** Stage 2
Someone hires me and asks to write a code (on a basis that I am proficient in writing programs using C++)
Someone buys the reader (on a basis that it supports pdf files) and try to read their pdf files which are probably 98% are A4.

*** Stage 3
I give the guy (who hired me and paid me money for the service) a set of instructions of how HE should teach me to write the program in C++ for his business.
Sony gives us instructions how WE should prepare PDF files(that are already ready to be used and are the end product that should not require any further editing) for the reader to digest them.

In both cases the customers are being mislead by false claims.
The claims are not strictly false, because I can write programs in C++ but only for aviation and have no clue how to write programs for banking and the reader supports pdf files...that are non existant but cannot make a conventional pdf files usable.
In both cases we had to inform out customers before thay paid money about our limitations, however we never did...

Last edited by astra; 04-15-2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Without smiles it was too dry :) Sorry :)
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #39
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
It's perfect. I missed REB1000 ergonomics for long time. REB2150 and Sony require you to use 2 hands or balance device on your fingertips. I would love to go back to use one hand. Please do not be aftraid to put BIG buttons for page up and page down. Some of us have big fingers.
I also like to urge you to put some hooks or something on the back so you can make plastic ugly fattening attachment, sold separetely, for stay home reading so it is even more convinient to hold it in one hand. Take a look at old REB.
With build in light, it is totally what I look for in ebook ergonomically. Don't go stingy on software (PC part) though or release a good API. That thing is soooo important. Nobody want to spend 2 hours preparing and loading the book.
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote