Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2006, 12:20 PM   #31
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Hey Nightwing, thanks for the tip. Got one today. The tag calls it a "Case Logic MP3 Accessory case" for those looking for it.

Last edited by slayda; 07-15-2013 at 01:12 PM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:22 PM   #32
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Kind of stuff it in so to speak. Fits snug but works for me....

Good luck with it! ^_^
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2006, 12:30 PM   #33
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda
Hey Nightwing, thanks for the tip. Got one today. The tag calls it a "Case Logic MP3 Accessory case" for those looking for it.
I couldn't find this at Walmart but I did find it at Target a few days ago and I purchased one as well. It wasn't $10 bucks though, I had to pay $20. It works for me. Now if lightwedge would just come out with that lightwedge for the reader.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #34
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
I couldn't find this at Walmart but I did find it at Target a few days ago and I purchased one as well. It wasn't $10 bucks though, I had to pay $20. It works for me. Now if lightwedge would just come out with that lightwedge for the reader.

Would be nice! ^_^
Old 12-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #35
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thread Summary So Far

This is a great thread, so I wanted to summarize case options so far mentioned:

SPECIFIC PRODUCTS
* Walmart MP3 Accessory case for about $9 (Nightwing) Pics shown also.
* "Game Boy Advance SP" case at Wal-mart. (scottcstoness)
Slightly sturdier and thicker spine width.
Slayda provides pics of this one later down.
Aprilbeginnings bought one at Target for $20
Note: WilliamG tried out one of these and it was slightly too small, so check the exact dimensions or bring your Reader along. Sounds like it may only fit without the cover.

IDEAS
* $5 plastic padded pistol case (exvaxman)
* www.otterbox.com (bostonte) but right size not found yet
* Patent leather case for cosmetics (Aprilbeginnings)
* Hollowed out book (Natch)
* Aluminum carrying case for an iPod (Yvanleterrible) but right size not found yet
* Neoprene cases (Aprilbeginnings) No specific one mentioned, but I'm sure it's listed somewhere else in the forums
* For adding sturdiness, 1/8" and thinner birch plywood sold in craft supply houses can be cut with Xacto knives (Yvanleterrible)

I'm hoping that over time we happen upon some more "generic" cases like the Walmart ones. Might be a great solution for protection.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #36
exvaxman
Connoisseur
exvaxman began at the beginning.

another cheap case

Took my father to a Christian bookstore this afternoon and they had several bible cases for under $15 that fit well. Might freak out a few folks by changing from the gun case goign into work to the bible case......
exvaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:21 PM   #37
Nightwing
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by exvaxman
Took my father to a Christian bookstore this afternoon and they had several bible cases for under $15 that fit well. Might freak out a few folks by changing from the gun case goign into work to the bible case......

I was wonder if a bible case would fit. Good job! ^_^
Old 12-24-2006, 11:18 AM   #38
skeid
skeid began at the beginning.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing
I was wonder if a bible case would fit. Good job! ^_^
Just an FYI, I found a great case at Office Depot. They carry a Day Runner planner with a nice ballistic nylon zippered case with what seems to have cardboard re-enforced covers. Just be sure to buy the one where the binder can be taken out and NO zippers on the inside. It'll scratch your reader. The one I found was 22$ and fits nice and snug, with just a little bit of room around the edges so the reader won't scrape.

There are soft pockets on the inside lining that you can use to insert felt lined metal, wood, or plexi glass (in my case).

Hope that helps someone.
skeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 05:09 PM   #39
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Nice find, skeid, and welcome to MobileRead.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #40
Lin
Lin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I found a Hello Kitty plastic case that fits the reader. The height is just right. I'm posting some pixs.

I got it at a Sanrio store for $7.99. It came with some Hello Kitty stationery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	case1.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	2836   Click image for larger version

Name:	case2.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	2837  
Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:57 PM   #41
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
I still think I am going to hold out for the leather Jacket in the red version from
http://www.buymedge.com/
I also just emailed them once again to ask them if this jacket is going ot have that snap on thing like the original or if if will be void of that thing. Also for travel I have that case that is mentioned way up at the top from Target for $20, which it fits in and zippers up. I would love that Dooney and Bourke one, but I doubt it will be sold seperatly and second, I am sure the asking price would be way more than what I would want to spend even with it being very nice.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:41 AM   #42
phigdon
phigdon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Here’s the case I made. I have my Reader, book light, Sony noise canceling headphones, the charger cord, and extra batteries. I found a poker chip case at Wal-mart for $10, some dense black craft foam and a can of spray glue. I made the doors and partitions out of some left over lauan and the raised part in the battery compartment out of 1/2 in. foam rubber. Everything fits but its a bit snug. I think that when I remake it I'll look for a slightly larger case.

If I can figure out how to put in pics i will post again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	decor template 022.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	761.2 KB
ID:	3015   Click image for larger version

Name:	decor template 019.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	794.8 KB
ID:	3016  
phigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:53 AM   #43
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by phigdon
Here’s the case I made. I have my Reader, book light, Sony noise canceling headphones, the charger cord, and extra batteries. I found a poker chip case at Wal-mart for $10, some dense black craft foam and a can of spray glue. I made the doors and partitions out of some left over lauan and the raised part in the battery compartment out of 1/2 in. foam rubber. Everything fits but its a bit snug. I think that when I remake it I'll look for a slightly larger case.

If I can figure out how to put in pics i will post again.
Wow, this is like the ultimate survival package.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:58 PM   #44
Hg-203
Hg-203 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
This is the closest hard case I could find to fit the PRS-500, it's too thick so the ereader will bounce around, but if you put some foam in there that should take care of it. Also if it bounces around it wont hit the screen and damage it.

Edit:
it would help if I put in the link
http://pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1150
Hg-203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:11 PM   #45
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air3, Palma, K-Scribe, Eclipsa 2e, & Libra 2, Ipads
cheap case

I want to be able to throw my Sony eReader into my purse, but keep the keys and junk out of it. It's in a red leather case now, but that leaves three ends open. So I'm looking for a good case as well.

For right now, I've got a plastic case that fits it pretty well. It's a game DVD case, the kind that is thick where you can put three game DVD's on one side. The part that holds the DVD's is cut out, with an exacto knife, (taking care not to cut through the clear plastic that the cover art hides behind) and the other plastic bits inside were trimmed out as well. Then I cut a piece of cardboard to slip behind the plastic cover holder on the outside to cover the round hole, and put the game art back behind the plastic art cover. From the outside it looks just like it did when I bought it with the game inside.

Inside, the Sony eReader fits nicely. Just a tiny bit of extra room on the sides, but it doesn't move much in any direction. Once closed, it's snapped shut just as if protecting DVD's.

It's not fancy, but so far does the job and is cheap. I don't keep my games in those cases anyway, so usually end up throwing them out.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote