Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #31
melmurray
Enthusiast
melmurray began at the beginning.

It's just too good to be true. So being a hypocritical pessemist I bought one.
melmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #32
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
My order went through. Couldn't wait any longer for an update to my PRS-700 for dictionary support. I would have paid that much for the update.

Hopefully it pans out, then I'll have a spare.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #33
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Just ordered a red one with express shipping (one or two business days). My e-mail receipt says they usually ship within 24 hours, so there might be more left in red. If the red bugs me, I'll slap a black decal skin on it.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #34
Bob Butler
Connoisseur
Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
Acts like there's a payment problem (there isn't, I've tried multiple valid credit cards) when you try and check out.
It let me place the order and pay. Assuming it ships, I'll have to decide whether to give it to my son as a birthday gift or keep it myself and give him my Kindle 1 instead.

Does anyone who has used both have an opinion on the relative merits of each? I almost never buy books directly from the Kindle, so that's not a big deal to me.
Bob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #35
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I noticed that even though the search results page the OP's link takes you to says ships in 24 hours the black one shows backordered (ships in two weeks) during checkout. The red one however is showing ships in 24 hours throughout the checkout.

Anyway I'm not sure why exactly, but I went ahead and ordered a red one. Not that I need another reader and not that I'm sure what I'll do with it if it actually ships. It's hard to see them actually honoring the deal (it's got to be way way below cost), but stranger things have happened in online commerce.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #36
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
I ordered the red one early this morning.

I have been delaying sending my Pocket Pro back to Aztak to get the paint fixed because I didn't want to be without my reader. Now I can use this until it comes back, and then give this as a gift.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #37
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Holy Crap. I have no idea what I'll do with it but how could I pass that up?
I ordered the red one. I guess I'll give it to a son and find somebody to donate the Sony Pocket to.

Mine says

Quote:
Thank you for shopping at Borders.com. Your order requires additional processing. You'll receive an email in 24-48 hours confirming the status of your order.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #38
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
I got the same message, but the email came in minutes later.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #39
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
I just posted my theory about all this over here on my blog. There are a couple of holes in it, but it explains why the price might be so low.

Last edited by The-eBook-Reader; 05-19-2010 at 02:17 PM.
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #40
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Clearing out stock to make room for the KoboReaders?
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #41
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Great if it ships. If not, oh well.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #42
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
This is so extremely tempting....but I'm trying to withstand the pressure.

1. My K1 is still in great shape and doing fine.
2. There are quite a few other things I should spend $100 on.

but...wow, that price.

I'm signing off now to see if I can withstand temptation.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #43
H4ch1k0
H4ch1k0 began at the beginning.

Device: none for now
Can't order it. It says to check my payment details cause maybe I typed them wrong. I tried with 3 different cards. 2 visa, 1 mastercard, nothing
H4ch1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #44
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnightowl View Post
This is so extremely tempting....but I'm trying to withstand the pressure.

1. My K1 is still in great shape and doing fine.
2. There are quite a few other things I should spend $100 on.

but...wow, that price.

I'm signing off now to see if I can withstand temptation.
Come to the dark side.

We have cookies.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:46 AM   #45
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4ch1k0 View Post
Can't order it. It says to check my payment details cause maybe I typed them wrong. I tried with 3 different cards. 2 visa, 1 mastercard, nothing
I had the same problem.

It worked when I switched to a "real" credit card (as opposed to a Check Card or a Debit Card with Visa or MC linked).
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote