Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #31
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Sorry about that.

I would suggest you stay away from the 'introduce myself' thread.

Its not about too much time on my hands......its about making a concerted effort to welcome newbies, and try to make this site more comfortable for them.

You may know all there is to know about it, but many do not. Ebook readers are still very new to many, and help is always appreciated.
And if you don't watch out she'll pull out her STICK!!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #32
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

Yeah, and I'm not going to stop welcoming people wherever they decide to put their first post, either, so there~~
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #33
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah, and I'm not going to stop welcoming people wherever they decide to put their first post, either, so there~~
Old 10-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #34
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Go, Granny, Go Granny...
Old 10-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #35
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Quote:
Well that says it all Maturity level is perhaps a tad low.
Being over 60 I am/was quite terrified of the big stick at one time.

And perhaps I was annoyed at desertgrandma repetitive boring posts due to some disparaging techno-geek remarks she made. Mea culpa.
I was mistakenly thinking this was a techno geek forum and not a social networking group like facebook.

I wish to apologise in advance for the following statement as I am sure it will annoy you.
If it looks like spam it is spam. If it is repeated again and again with no change in meaning it is spam
Welcome whoever you want but saying that you are sure someone will be along soon to help is just annoying, redundant and implies that you are arranging for these people to come along and help.
Intentional or not, you give the impression that you are the originator, moderator and overseer of these forums and other than being a friendly sort of gal with way too much time on her hands I don't see that you qualify. Not that I qualify either.

Helen

Last edited by speakingtohe; 10-26-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 12:49 AM   #36
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post

Old 10-29-2010, 01:32 AM   #37
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:

And perhaps I was annoyed at desertgrandma repetitive boring posts due to some disparaging techno-geek remarks she made. Mea culpa.
I was mistakenly thinking this was a techno geek forum and not a social networking group like facebook.

I wish to apologise in advance for the following statement as I am sure it will annoy you.
If it looks like spam it is spam. If it is repeated again and again with no change in meaning it is spam
Welcome whoever you want but saying that you are sure someone will be along soon to help is just annoying, redundant and implies that you are arranging for these people to come along and help.
Intentional or not, you give the impression that you are the originator, moderator and overseer of these forums and other than being a friendly sort of gal with way too much time on her hands I don't see that you qualify. Not that I qualify either.

Helen
issues much? that is one of the snarkiest most undeserving posts I have ever read. you say you have some maturity, what happened to; "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!"? in this day and age when most folks would just as soon dump on you as help you, you decide to dump on a helper!? I've wondered why we were going to hell in a hand basket. people like you have been doing the parenting.

just move on down the road and find your little geeky place
Old 10-29-2010, 01:34 AM   #38
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
issues much? that is one of the snarkiest most undeserving posts I have ever read. you say you have some maturity, what happened to; "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!"? in this day and age when most folks would just as soon dump on you as help you, you decide to dump on a helper!? I've wondered why we were going to hell in a hand basket. people like you have been doing the parenting.

+1
Old 10-29-2010, 01:37 AM   #39
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
Quote:

Old 10-29-2010, 01:39 AM   #40
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanette View Post
thanks guys. that was one of the more uncalled for things I have seen here lately
Old 10-29-2010, 02:01 AM   #41
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:

Helen

Oh dear, we are full of it aren't we?

Firstly, what does age have to do with anything regarding welcoming and making people feel at home on MR? At your age I would have thought that you would have known better (since you state that you are 60yrs of age - age wise I outrank you.)

DG does on MR what a lot of us should do, but don't.
I for one am very grateful.

Methinks that there is a touch of jealousy in that little show which you have just put on. Believe me, the only one that you have disparaged is - yourself.

Socially, I would make a point of avoiding you and your ilk.

No cheers today.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:26 AM   #42
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Helen
Helen, now that everybody gave it to you, attention mostly, you can really punch your line.

Atta girl.

I like people that speak up. Whatever and young age is always a good excuse. Just over sixty is nothing.

Last edited by beppe; 10-29-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:14 AM   #43
kennyc

Speaking of Karma....
Old 10-29-2010, 08:14 AM   #44
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Helen, now that everybody gave it to you, attention mostly, you can really punch your line.

Atta girl.

I like people that speak up. Whatever and young age is always a good excuse. Just over sixty is nothing.

is this one of those lost in translation things?
Old 10-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #45
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
is this one of those lost in translation things?
i am so sorry KK that i am not perfectly in line with your directives.
In the future you could provide me with more explicit instructions on when, how and what to post. May be it would be better if before posting I submit to your approval my intentions.

would that be acceptable?
Closed Thread