Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-26-2006, 01:32 PM   #31
k2r
Zealot
k2r doesn't litterk2r doesn't litter

Device: MP2K, iLiad
Lexar SD 128MB works
Sandisk Ultra 2 SD/USB 512MB does not work, sometimes is recognized partly and then vanishes.
k2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:01 PM   #32
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
SanDisk Compact Flash Extreme III 4GB - works.

But benchmarking shows the iLiad is only achieving 20% of the rated performance of this awesome card (20MB per second). So it's a bit of an over kill for the iLiad.

But when you pull it out and plug it into your host computer via a suitably fast card reader... Oh yeah baby!
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2006, 06:21 AM   #33
JacquesL
LoDC
JacquesL doesn't litterJacquesL doesn't litter

Device: E-Book Reader - Iliad
Last CF and USB tests

Hi,

Last tests :

Working :
CF : Kingston elite pro 4GB 45X
USB : Dane-Elec 512 MB zMate Pen SILVER

Not Working :
USB : Corsair flash voyager 1 GO
USB : Ipod Nano
JacquesL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:41 AM   #34
esko
esko began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
SanDisk Extreme IV 4.0 GB CompactFlash works :-)
esko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #35
jls
jls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud ofjls has much to be proud of

Is there a practical difference between SD/MMS Cards and CF cards in terms of battery life or other issues ?
jls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2007, 06:36 PM   #36
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
CF cards can be bigger. SD cards don't exist above 1Gb, I believe.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:03 AM   #37
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami
CF cards can be bigger. SD cards don't exist above 1Gb, I believe.
Actually 8Gb. I have a 2Gb one. You can now buy them for 1/8th the price I paid for it.
I bought it for the flash video, Sanyo Xacti camera I use. It stores full video and pictures directly to an SD. 1Gb stores just about one hour of video so higher capacities are a must. And if you consider that most digital photo cameras can now do more than 5 megapixel pictures, high capacity SDs become necessary.
They now want to change the format. I fear that the newer higher yields will not permit compatibility with older devices. What's new!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #38
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Has anybody tested if "unrecognizable" CF cards get recognized when partitioned?

Quite a number of embedded devices can use a "small" partition on a big card, even if not able to use the complete card. (I assume that only the first partition would be useable without changing the mount-scripts, but I don't know for sure).

This could also be true for SD/MMC-Cards, but I have absolutely no idea wether they can be partitioned as well. I think I remember that no, but it's been quite a while.

Last edited by tirsales; 11-09-2007 at 08:49 AM.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #39
vido
vido began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
A-Data CompactFlash Speedy 32 GB

A-Data CompactFlash Speedy 32 GB works fine in the iLiad.

A-Data specifications page
vido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:00 AM   #40
godidog
Iliadist
godidog began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad (broken screen fixed after 3 months), Treo
Kingston 4GB 133X Elite Pro CF, factory formatted, works fine. Also works for re-flashing.

Last edited by godidog; 03-19-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: "Elite Pro" is what I got. "Ultimate" is what i thought I was getting :-/
godidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:50 PM   #41
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
I'm using this 1Gb card with no problems. Price is good:
http://www.amazon.com/DANE-ELEC-Dane...049692&sr=8-27
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #42
GavinK151
Enthusiast
GavinK151 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just got a Veho 16GB SD card (yeah I know...who?) and while the irex lets me access it (the CF "button" is selectable) nothing shows up on the card.

Now we are on FW 2.12 what is the biggest SD card that works?

Oh and also, I assume trying different cards should not cause any permenant damage right?

EDIT: doh ok just read that you need special drivers/readers to access these sorts of cards - think they are SDHC and I assume the iliad cannot read these. Therefore it would see that 4GB is the largest you can use?

Last edited by GavinK151; 05-01-2008 at 01:14 PM.
GavinK151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:15 PM   #43
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
The iLiad only supports CompactFlash and MMC cards (and SD cards that comply to the MMC < 1GB spec). A 16GB CF card should work in theory. I think others have tired it.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:16 PM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How do you tired a CF memory card? Do you use it so much that it just gets tired?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #45
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How do you tired a CF memory card? Do you use it so much that it just gets tired?
Erm... is this humor? He obviously means "tried."
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote