Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #31
LS650
Enthusiast
LS650 is on a distinguished road

Device: Android, Jetbook Lite
Question Puzzled

I just received a Jetbook Lite today! It seems to work fine.
When I check the settings for firmware it says the following:
Software: v0.14i
Patch: v15

When I look at the web-site, it shows a firmware update dated Jan 16th for v15.

So does mine have this version..? And is it worth putting on? What does the upgrade do? I don't see any description on the web site for Jetbook that explains what is included in the upgrade!
LS650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:13 AM   #32
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Your JBL is running under the firmware version that it displays in "Settings".

There is a Sticky now with what you need to update to the current firmware.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 02:11 PM   #33
LS650
Enthusiast
LS650 is on a distinguished road

Device: Android, Jetbook Lite
I'm a bit puzzled: if settings says I have "Software: v0.14i", what is the message "Patch: v15" about?
LS650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #34
mitchwah
Connoisseur
mitchwah is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook Lite, Ematic 7" eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS650 View Post
I'm a bit puzzled: if settings says I have "Software: v0.14i", what is the message "Patch: v15" about?
LOL.. Yeah I dont get it either but won't give it any thought. The software version is what matters. I did one upgrade on my JBL (from 0.14i to 0.14n) and the patch still says "Patch: v15".

WRT to firmware, I believe the latest version have DRM support for Barnes&Nobles so if you're keen at purchasing books, you might want to upgrade to the newest firmware.
mitchwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:49 AM   #35
Dennisvjames
Enthusiast
Dennisvjames began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
Wink

folks I don't want to be a party pooper but this discussion is about the original Jetbook firmware.

Dennisvjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2010, 06:10 AM   #36
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I think we have two different topics going in this one thread.

Let's try not to cross-pollinate the two different firmwares for the two different jetBooks.

I'm afraid I may have to go back and look at every single post and sort through this mess, so please refer to the TITLE OF THIS THREAD when posting.

If someone wants to start a thread on firmware for the LITE, then do so - but first look to see if there is one.

Thank you.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-20-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #37
ConfoundedJoe
ConfoundedJoe began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook (li-ion)
Yeah I made the mistake of buying an ereader book from FW before realizing that the original didn't support it yet. I certainly hope this is remedied soon.

At least Night Shade Books doesn't use DRM and they have the excellent Windup Girl.
ConfoundedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:30 PM   #38
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Good Authority

The differences between the two versions should be remedied in less than two weeks.

Did anyone else notice that during the interview with Ectaco at CES there was a comment made about the jetbook opening up to be an open source linux platform ?????

Sure hope it will soon and then my first work will be on user loadable fonts ( I have the code already to read a font from the SD card and replace the internal font) and the second will be hyperlinks that function as a subroutine in the dictionary lookup routine.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:34 PM   #39
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
An "Open Source Linux Platform" for the Jetbook would work for those interested
in modding both the JB and the JBL.

I noticed that some of the other devices had a forum here for discussions about
that sort of thing, What do you call it? If the Ectaco jetbook SDK were to appear
with some open source definitions, could we have one here?? Pretty Please!!

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote