Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #31
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
So I was iPodding while NewBalancing to work today and bumped into someone Kindling an ebook I recognized. She Zeissed over at me a few times and I Colgated back. She noticed I was Jansporting a few paperbacks and asked me if I knew about ebooks. I told her I had, and that I had recently Googled the Nook. She said she Twittered to all her friends to eBay a used Kindle or Sony instead. Before saying goodbye, she gave me a number so I could Nokia her in the future to maybe go Starbucking.

How annoying...I try to avoid over-reliance on brand identity. It's the relationship to the customer that companies are trying to forge to secure customers and stability, and there's nothing like relatively uncreative, extremely insecure customers to create that sort of relationship at least on a linguistic level.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #32
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
I was going to say that, but I couldn't Logitech the cursor over to the textbox fast enought to Aitchpee the words in. That and I'm a slow Optiquester.

Hmm. That gives me an idea for a new story. I was going to Pentel it down, but I can't. I'll have to Staedtler it, instead.
Be sure to Xerox it to me when you finish Staedtlering it, and I'll ScanJet it in and Photoshop it so everyone else here can at least Flickr it.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #33
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Well, I'll just have a coke and enjoy the show.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:48 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Urban Dictionary should be abolished. It's just full of silliness that has no purpose in real life.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #35
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Urban Dictionary should be abolished. It's just full of silliness that has no purpose in real life.
For one thing, it keeps me up to date on expressions 12-20 year olds use in real life and on the web. Also the various colorful euphemisms for sexual perversions that Americans seem to excel at (the euphemisms, not the perversions).

Besides, what is your purpose, Jon? Should you be abolished? Should we abolish all things without a stated and explicit purpose? What a boring world that would be.

Last edited by acidzebra; 10-29-2009 at 03:55 PM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #36
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Also the various colorful euphemisms for sexual perversions that Americans seem to excel at (the euphemisms, not the perversions).
Well, of course. The Germans have everyone beat there....
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:04 PM   #37
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
Is that the voice of experience or how should I view this comment?

acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:16 PM   #38
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #39
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecE View Post
I just hope they don't start referring to the content of the Nook as "nookie" :-)
Why not? We could have nookie in the Nook.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #40
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
So I was iPodding while NewBalancing to work today and bumped into someone Kindling an ebook I recognized. She Zeissed over at me a few times and I Colgated back. She noticed I was Jansporting a few paperbacks and asked me if I knew about ebooks. I told her I had, and that I had recently Googled the Nook. She said she Twittered to all her friends to eBay a used Kindle or Sony instead. Before saying goodbye, she gave me a number so I could Nokia her in the future to maybe go Starbucking.

How annoying...I try to avoid over-reliance on brand identity. It's the relationship to the customer that companies are trying to forge to secure customers and stability, and there's nothing like relatively uncreative, extremely insecure customers to create that sort of relationship at least on a linguistic level.
Bravo.

I just found this somewhat ridiculous and only mildly entertaining thread and was going to point out that I have yet to hear anyone grab the car keys to go "fording" or "toyotaing" or whatever. "Hey, Mom, would you Kia me down to the mall, please?"

Sure, its common for someone to be going to the drink-dispensing machine to get themselves a Sprite to say "I'm going to go get a Coke, you want one?" and for the answer to be "Sure, get me a Dr. Pepper." But when drinking a soda (or pop, or soft drink -- however your section of the world calls it), one never hears anyone say "Let me finish "Coking" and I'll be right with you."

And we all go Xerox off a copy of something, no matter what the brand of copier. And various and sundry brands have become the common meaning for an action. Sorry. But "Kindling" or "Nooking" is forcing the issue and is just plain silly.

Whatever brand I get, I will still just be reading.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #41
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
and lets not forget the poor woman that was waiting for some tampax and the delivery boy had thumbtacks
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:54 PM   #42
danbloom
Banned
danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: The Bindle: no batteries, hand-cranked pages, mobile, underlineable
btw, one quick question -- is the proper grammatical spelling of NOOK actually lowercase n at the beginning as here: "nook".....? I have seen ads by barnes and noble that show it that way -- nook. not Nook. Which one is it?

Lowercase or Capped? And how will most newspapers print the word? Following BN logo style or their own copy desk style?

is it Yahoo or Yahoo! for example, for the name of the company
danbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #43
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
OK,

I lost all respect for the urban dictionary. I thought it had words in it that were in fairly common use... not words that anyone just makes up.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:59 PM   #44
danbloom
Banned
danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.danbloom has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: The Bindle: no batteries, hand-cranked pages, mobile, underlineable
Bob, the whole world is made up!
danbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:00 AM   #45
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbloom View Post
Bob, the whole world is made up!
Next you will tell me that the mice are actually doing experiments on us by letting us experiment on them.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fake controversy, silly