Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #31
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
If you don't buy anything the economy will collapse, what are you, a communist? (sarcasm hehe).

I'm in the middle of a no beer month. I like the idea of a no buy anything month as well, because we are creatures of habit and some of these habits are really unhealthy. Like beer everyday, like buying crap we don't really need. I might do it 'AFTER' christmas because I need to buy a lot of presents* over that period including ebooks.

Last edited by fugazied; 11-02-2009 at 06:52 PM.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #32
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Ok so put up your hand if you're been able to stick with it so far!! ME, ME!! So far so good, helps that Sony had a ton of freebies for November
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #33
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Good for you shoechick.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:43 PM   #34
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Good for you shoechick.
Hey, it's only been a week Give me time, not sure if I can go to the end of the year.
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #35
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I'm good No money spent yet. I am spending it on winter boots instead.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #36
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'd buy that for a dollar.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:38 AM   #37
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I haven't bought any ebooks so far, despite temptation. But we're only a week in. Lots more temptation to resist coming up. Perhaps I should unsubscribe from ebook newsletters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I'm good No money spent yet. I am spending it on winter boots instead.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #38
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
If food doesn't count, I've already been doing this challenge for several months without meaning to. (Even my reader--though I've had it longer than that--came from my job... I didn't buy it. I never buy books for it; I have enough to read already.... sigh.)
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #39
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Life is too short to miss a golden book, priorities change, that's why I have a reading pile, some have been in the pile for years, some are read before they ever see the pile. Life is to be enjoyed not enslaved to a reading list.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:50 AM   #40
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm still resisting, although Fictionwise are turning up the heat. A 25% rebate on magazine subscriptions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I haven't bought any ebooks so far, despite temptation. But we're only a week in. Lots more temptation to resist coming up. Perhaps I should unsubscribe from ebook newsletters!
Old 11-11-2009, 07:50 AM   #41
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm still resisting, although Fictionwise are turning up the heat. A 25% rebate on magazine subscriptions!

Hmmm, I better check that out. Hey! This thread is better than the Deals and Freebies thread.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #42
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I'm out I have been waiting a looooooong time for the magazine subs to go on sale, so I bought two years each of Alfred Hitchcock and Ellery Queen. I was smart though, once I found out that Micropay would work for it, I bought enough stuff to round out my micropay and then used that I was not going to spend money and just get the mags when I could spend the same money and get the mags PLUS 5 books! I know the savings on the subs wasn't extraordinary, but for some reason getting it under $20 per year makes me much more comfortable with the price point. I have had these in my wishlist for well over a year, so I am okay with breaking my no-buying pledge just for this
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #43
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
I'm out
Less than eleven days he lasted — just ELEVEN days!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #44
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
I was smart though, once I found out that Micropay would work for it, I bought enough stuff to round out my micropay and then used that I was not going to spend money and just get the mags when I could spend the same money and get the mags PLUS 5 books!
Oh — I hadn't thought of that. I /do/ have five year membership left, and there's that 100% micropay rebate going on.....

....arghh.... MUST resist Fictionwise website!
Old 11-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #45
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
I'm typesetting Paradise Lost now, but have only just finished book six. No rush for me since it'll be my 2nd time through it. Also have some Christopher Moore on the immediate backlog for conversion to PDF and some handy-dandy real books to go through. No problem on the no-buy so far.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote