Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-20-2009, 09:40 AM   #31
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Yo! Zeeeeeeeeeeldaaaaaa!

(doggie prepares to bark his head off)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #32
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Do you need some help? My Sheltie is VERY vocal.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2009, 09:54 AM   #33
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Oy, you! Barky Bill. Now, we all know that our Queen Zelda takes her (completely unnecessary for its named purpose) beauty sleep for as long as she sees fit, so that she can wake up and rule us gently and scratch your belly with her calm, pacifist hand.

However, waking her doesn't wake Zelda, but wakes that fearful conglomerate of childrens' nightmares, THE RED QUEEN OF HEARTS. You know, the one that makes our good friend, THE SNACKER OF NATIONS look like nice company to take out on a dinner date?

Be a good dog and go lie on your mat and be patient. I've heard she's got a super-special bacon croissant made up especially for you for breakfast/brunch/lunch/afternoon tea/whatever-time-she-wakes-up-meal, so you wouldn't want her to give it some other dog, would you now?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Pfft! Sleep. I'll sleep when I'm dead Or is it I'll die if I ever have to listen to that Bon Jovi song ever again in my life?
hm, apparently i'll sleep when i'm dead too, since i went to bed quite tired but couldn't fall asleep for *hours*. must have been all the excitement of the evening. thank god i had my liseuse to pass the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Hey, Z! Wake up, wake up, wake up!!! It's 11:50.... we're waiting.... just saying...
11:50 ? on a sunday, that can still be considered dawn, you know !
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
No luck! [and not so loud! she hates te be awaken suddenly, especially on Sundays...]
yeah !! keep it down, you lot !! sheesh ! some of us were up late last night !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Yes, she doesn't have an excuse about sleeping anymore!
what ? i need an excuse now ???
Quote:
It sounded like you had great fun, maybe I should come to one too, when I can...
definitely !!! it's not so far from you, after all. if patricia can come all the way from wales, you really have no excuse to be lazy about coming just a few kilometers south !
Quote:
Yo! Zeeeeeeeeeeldaaaaaa!

oi ! doggy !! no barking, or it's the trebuchet for you !
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Oy, you! Barky Bill. Now, we all know that our Queen Zelda takes her (completely unnecessary for its named purpose) beauty sleep for as long as she sees fit, so that she can wake up and rule us gently and scratch your belly with her calm, pacifist hand.

However, waking her doesn't wake Zelda, but wakes that fearful conglomerate of childrens' nightmares, THE RED QUEEN OF HEARTS. You know, the one that makes our good friend, THE SNACKER OF NATIONS look like nice company to take out on a dinner date?

Be a good dog and go lie on your mat and be patient. I've heard she's got a super-special bacon croissant made up especially for you for breakfast/brunch/lunch/afternoon tea/whatever-time-she-wakes-up-meal, so you wouldn't want her to give it some other dog, would you now?

Cheers,
Marc
exactly. thanks marc. you always know just how to put things, don't you ?

all right now you lot of miscreants, just keep your pants on, i'll post those pictures soon !

i couldn't get to it yet because i was occupied having tea (well... orangina, technically) with patricia and her partner. i'm sure you can understand that i couldn't keep such charming company waiting !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

photos !!!

as usual, i humbly apologise for the terrible quality of most of them, i only had my telephone-which-also-takes-photos and the bar was not terribly well-lit...

a few of the liseuses present

concentrating on a demo

as you can see, we're all very serious about liseuses

look ravenne : some of us were drinking BEER !

the mysterious device, which godzil can tell us about

what an ambiance !

we even had some gadgets which are not even for reading !!

hm, "cytale", does that ring a bell ?

yes !! it is !! the famous Gen1 !!! (sorry for the flash. it only worked when it shouldn't have, when i wanted it to i couldn't convince it...)

the gen1 even had a special mode for people with poor vision : black background and extra large type.

it was already using Boo Reader !

in the library

touch screen !

now what's this ? can you guess ? i'm sure you can't... it's... the Gen2 from Bookeen !! and it even still works !!

some of you with eagle eyes might be able to read some technical details here...

Advert
Old 09-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #36
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Things to do in the next three months:
Get passport sorted (it appears to have expired when I wasn't looking )
Go to next apero
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #37
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
(doggie bites tongue to avoid the natural tendency to bark his head off. taps foot (paw). continues tapping foot (paw). chases tail for a while to fend off utter boredom. stops and licks places in need of licking. shrugs. wonders how patricia's visit to the george cluny museum went. did she get to see his big old blanket/sheet/tarp (tarpestry?) walks off to find a copy of paris hilton's illustrated bio for something to do 'til pics are up.)

EDIT: Hey, the pics are up! Yay!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #38
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
(doggie bites tongue to avoid the natural tendency to bark his head off. taps foot (paw). continues tapping foot (paw). chases tail for a while to fend off utter boredom. stops and licks places in need of licking. shrugs. wonders how patricia's visit to the george cluny museum went. did she get to see his big old blanket/sheet/tarp (tarpestry?) walks off to find a copy of paris hilton's illustrated bio for something to do 'til pics are up.)
*points up*

Stop chasing tail and lookit the piccies!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #39
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Go to next apero
yay !!! we'd love to see you !!! next one is planned for december, start planning now !!
Quote:

EDIT: Hey, the pics are up! Yay!
see, there's your problem, you're so dizzy from chasing your tail you can't even see the pictures !
Old 09-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
- In the Antiques department, besides Queen Z's usual EBookWise, the original, 10 years Old Bookeen : 1.2 kg, backlit A4 (?) screen, 3 hours autonomy, 5 cm thick... and an ergonomy any present machine could want NOW! No kidding!
The only way to get 3h usage out of a CyBook (NOT "Gen1" - it was simply called the "CyBook"!) was to turn the screen brightness to its very minimum. I used to consider myself lucky to get 90 minutes usage out of a battery charge.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #41
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Zelda, Thanks so much for the pictures! It looks like you all had a wonderful time with lots to talk about, ereadingwise!!

I gotta say, though, I think your red Sony was the prettiest of the bunch!

December, hmmm, . . .I wonder if my parents would be okay if we skipped the obligatory trip to Florida over Christmas break so that David and I could go to the next Paris meet-up instead?!?!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #42
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Zelda, Thanks so much for the pictures! It looks like you all had a wonderful time with lots to talk about, ereadingwise!!
yes, it really was a wonderful evening ! i'm so glad everyone was able to come !

Quote:
aw... *blush*... you're so sweet... (i think i agree ! )

Quote:
December, hmmm, . . .I wonder if my parents would be okay if we skipped the obligatory trip to Florida over Christmas break so that David and I could go to the next Paris meet-up instead?!?!
would you like me to have a little word to explain it to them ?
Old 09-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #43
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post

Why don't you organise a meet-up in Florida? One thing I can guarantee is that the weather will almost certainly be a lot better in Florida than in Paris, in December.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #44
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
what ? i need an excuse now ???
You always need a very good excuse to sleep a day away. I was up at 8:30! (ok, I had to figure out how to make my epub look nice...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
definitely !!! it's not so far from you, after all. if patricia can come all the way from wales, you really have no excuse to be lazy about coming just a few kilometers south !
Hmm, middle Wales is about 100km further away. And about 60km of those you do by train if you go by car to France from Wales. But it's not so much the distance, but the fact that I'd need to find a place to sleep. I don't like hotels very much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why don't you organise a meet-up in Florida? One thing I can guarantee is that the weather will almost certainly be a lot better in Florida than in Paris, in December.
Hmm, Florida or Hungary in December... I think I'll have to go for Hungary, much cheaper! We were just discussing our plans for our kitchen and we'll need every cent we can find!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #45
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Go to next apero
yes yes yes
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote