Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #31
ozma
ozma began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Oasis
Many Oregon libraries WILL be getting ebooks

The Oregon Digital Libraries Consortium has recently voted to add ebooks to Library2Go (Oregon's brand name for OverDrive), which currently offers only audio and video titles. The addition of ebooks is expected to happen sometime between the 2009 holidays and next spring - sooner rather than later, we'll hope!

Unfortunately not every library in Oregon can afford to participate in Library2Go - times are tough in Oregon right now. You can see a list of the libraries here: http://library2go.lib.overdrive.com/ (Click on Libraries on the top bar.)
ozma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #32
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozma View Post
The Oregon Digital Libraries Consortium has recently voted to add ebooks to Library2Go (Oregon's brand name for OverDrive), which currently offers only audio and video titles. The addition of ebooks is expected to happen sometime between the 2009 holidays and next spring - sooner rather than later, we'll hope!

Unfortunately not every library in Oregon can afford to participate in Library2Go - times are tough in Oregon right now. You can see a list of the libraries here: http://library2go.lib.overdrive.com/ (Click on Libraries on the top bar.)
I love your avatar!!!

Pennsylvania just went through a budget crisis, and all of my local libraries got at least a 20% drop in funding, and are struggling to stay open. They didn't have ebooks before, and I don't think that they will for a while.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #33
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozma View Post

Oh, that is good news! Even though I live out in the sticks, my library does offer Library2Go - I've watched a few films through it. I'll be really happy to see ebooks there.

Thank you for this news! You've made my day!
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:49 AM   #34
scfl
scfl began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodad66 View Post
Brevard County, Florida doesn't seem to have digital books
although Orange County, next door, does....
hodad
Any luck on finding ebook access? I went to the Orlando Library yesterday and yes they will give Brevard residents a free library card, but you can't use it for ebooks (overdrive). They said that I could have access for $125/year...
scfl is offline   Reply With Quote