Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: If You Could Wipe Out One Animal Species What Would It Be?
Sharks 2 0.97%
Snakes 7 3.40%
Spiders 6 2.91%
Mosquitos 38 18.45%
Wasps/Bees 1 0.49%
Stingy underwater things like Jelly Fish 2 0.97%
Rats 3 1.46%
Cockroaches (or other insects, please specify) 16 7.77%
Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus 1 0.49%
The blue one next to the fish. 7 3.40%
tch. SHUMS !!! obviously. sharks are like little cuddly kittens next to shums. 118 57.28%
Grumman A-10 Warthogs 2 0.97%
Bundaberg Rum 3 1.46%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #31
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
dear god. i'm not sure i'm brave enough to watch that.
Go on and watch it...go on.. I dare you

Moejoe - watching crap films since 1985, so you don't have to
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #32
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
WHY AREN'T STINKBUGS ON THIS LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, if you've been through yearly infestations with these, you'd understand.

As much as I looooooaaaattthee spiders, I know they are actually good for killing other icky bugs, so they get a pass.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #33
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Great Video!

Say MoeJoe, why are you afraid of sharks? They will only bump you and swim away, unless they are hungry or having a bad day.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #34
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Great Video!

Say MoeJoe, why are you afraid of sharks? They will only bump you and swim away, unless they are hungry or having a bad day.

As a child my younger sister mercilessly teased me at the swimming baths by singing the music from Jaws when I approached the deep end. Since that moment I've been deathly afraid that I will die under the bone-crunching jaws of a Great White shark

Can I add sisters to the list mods, they're a kind of animal, right?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #35
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
I choose the mosquito option- am allergic to the bloody beasts!

kill them all,

kaas
I am most definitely with you on this one.

I had malaria as a twelve year old in Zimbabwe (spread by mosquitos) and have loathed them ever since then.

I agree, kill them all.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #36
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Can I add sisters to the list mods, they're a kind of animal, right?
heh, i'm pretty sure a case could be made in favour of that, however speaking as a girl with siblings and therefore technically (a mere detail !) a sister myself, in the interest of self-preservation i think i'm going to decline this particular request...

(don't worry, i'm sure some other, non-female mod with fewer scruples will be along shortly. )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:38 PM   #37
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Seeing that my girlfriend has a brother and is thus strictly speaking a sister, I also have to decline that option. But I do believe in merciless tickling...
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:40 PM   #38
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Seeing that my girlfriend has a brother and is thus strictly speaking a sister, I also have to decline that option. But I do believe in merciless tickling...
merciless tickling ! you dastardly fiend !!!! beast !!! brute !!!!!!! keep away from me !!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:42 PM   #39
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
I spoke to my younger sister a few days ago and she reminded me that, not only did I read her private diary when we were teenagers, but I inserted comments in the margin
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:42 PM   #40
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Well, the trouble is that I am ticklish myself- if I am not carefull, she manages to turn the tables
Old 07-07-2009, 06:44 PM   #41
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I spoke to my younger sister a few days ago and she reminded me that, not only did I read her private diary when we were teenagers, but I inserted comments in the margin
Ouch, how did you survive once she found out? I have found women to be a well of creativity in devising punishment

cheers,

kaas
Old 07-07-2009, 06:44 PM   #42
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Well, the trouble is that I am ticklish myself- if I am not carefull, she manages to turn the tables
ha ! that'll show you, you barbarian !!!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #43
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Ouch, how did you survive once she found out? I have found women to be a well of creativity in devising punishment

cheers,

kaas
Believe me, I still carry some physical scars today (seriously).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #44
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
well that's done it.

if patricia will vote for the mosquitoes, i'm voting for them too, and the law of unintended consequences be damned.
Not SHUMs? Wow. You must really hate mosquitoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Some filmmakers should never be allowed to access a computer graphics card...
And, in my opinion, there are some others that should not even be allowed access to air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
oh! and I vote snakes *shudder* got bit in the bum when little. I'm totally phobic about them!
But I'm told that Estate (Realty?) Agents and Used Car Salesmen perform a vital function in our ecosystem. (Don't believe it myself, but still.)

Quote:
@Bilbo
you and I should go for a talk. Outside. At night. In the company of a dozen hungry, feral, cute American Cocker Spaniels- they would show you!

Does the phrase "own goal" mean anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
That's made me think, can we have humans on the poll?

Not to get rid of the whole species; just everyone else apart from me.
But wouldn't you miss chatting to the few humans who frequent MR. On second thoughts, don't answer that....

Quote:
merciless tickling ! you dastardly fiend !!!! beast !!! brute !!!!!!! keep away from me !!!!!!!!
Does that mean your vote has changed to kaas?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #45
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Not SHUMs? Wow. You must really hate mosquitoes.
sweet fuzzy squirrels on a cracker !!!! where is my mind ????? must rectify this immediately. sheesh, i must be more tired than i realise !

Quote:
But I'm told that Estate (Realty?) Agents and Used Car Salesmen perform a vital function in our ecosystem. (Don't believe it myself, but still.)
yeah, i'm not convinced either.

Quote:
But wouldn't you miss chatting to the few humans who frequent MR. On second thoughts, don't answer that....

Quote:
Does that mean your vote has changed to kaas?
tempting... but... nope, shums still win.