Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: What color is your Sony 505. If you do not own one which color do you like best.
Silver 69 47.92%
Blue 45 31.25%
Red 21 14.58%
I only wish to see the results 9 6.25%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2009, 08:17 AM   #31
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I bought a blue one completely by accident but I love it!

BLUE FOREVER!!!!!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #32
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
I have both a silver and a red one. I got the silver first, because that's all Borders had at the time. I finally got a red one for my birthday in December. My husband gave it to me because he was tired of hearing me whine about how I never get the red electronics.

The blue one in the picture looks black to me. Is it really that dark, or is the picture and/or my screen rendition misleading?

Last edited by JanetCinNC; 06-20-2009 at 08:30 AM. Reason: needed a question mark
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #33
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetCinNC View Post
I have both a silver and a red one. I got the silver first, because that's all Borders had at the time. I finally got a red one for my birthday in December. My husband gave it to me because he was tired of hearing me whine about how I never get the red electronics.

The blue one in the picture looks black to me. Is it really that dark, or is the picture and/or my screen rendition misleading.
It is almost black, but not quite
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #34
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I bought a blue one completely by accident but I love it!
That didn't happen by accident. The blue ones are intelligent and don't accept any owner. Yours was looking for a blue-loving owner and found you. Not you bought the blue one, the blue one made you to buy it.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #35
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Silver is sleek, shiny, sexy, smart but all in the most subtle of ways.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #36
cheese bogart
Connoisseur
cheese bogart has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: prs-505 (Silver), Ipad
Voted for silver, which is what I have.

Reasons for not buying blue or red:

The blue sony is such a boring blue and I think that is mirrored by the owners.

The red sony is so lacking in class it looks like it should belong to a 'lady of the night'

cheese bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #37
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Winning friends is not your strong suit is it bogart?

I think that whatever color your Sony PRS-505 is you gotta love it. It sure beats pbooks.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #38
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
I think that whatever color your Sony PRS-505 is you gotta love it. It sure beats pbooks.
To use an internetism, quoted for truth!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #39
cheese bogart
Connoisseur
cheese bogart has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: prs-505 (Silver), Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
Winning friends is not your strong suit is it bogart?

Perhaps you're on to something here.

(typed as I was looking at all the photos that adorn my room and I'm the only person in them )
cheese bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #40
fantafrik
fantafrik began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I chose blue because its frame is darker. I work in front of a computer all day long and I need something not flashing when I want to read, it is more confortable for my sight.
fantafrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:37 AM   #41
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Truth is I ended up with blue because, when I went to the Sony Store to buy a 505, just after New Year's in 08, they had three blue ones on sale at 40% off. They'd been used as window displays and I couldn't pass that deal up.
aha....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:21 AM   #42
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hey Blue Sony owners, I think we have the equivalent of the Iranian elections going on here. The Silver owners have stuffed the ballot box and, the next thing you know, they'll have the secret police out after us. Probably try to obscure our genders as well.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:24 AM   #43
winspiration
Connoisseur
winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.winspiration is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Kindle Fire HD
Silver was all that was on offer when I bought mine, but I'm quite happy with it

The blue looks OK, not really that keen on the red in either photo though, sorry red lovers! Silver I think is a more classic finish.
winspiration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:06 AM   #44
Archergal5219
Semi-retired semi-hero
Archergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Palm Zire71, EEE PC901, Sony PRS-505
I have a silver one, and am very happy with it.

But if there had been a red available, I'd've bought the red. Because, well, RED.
Archergal5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #45
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
The results so far are exactly what I expected. Before making the poll I knew there were more Silver than Blue manufactured. Then take into account that that countries like France and Germany only offer the Silver Reader as well as Target stores in the U.S. I was curious to see how large of a variance it would be.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote