Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #31
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Well said, my sentiments exactly!
Cmon Nick you know you want to twitter!

Last edited by =X=; 04-22-2009 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Sorry I meant Nick
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:42 PM   #32
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
I really enjoy Twitter, and posts bits of my writing from time to time on there. There's also some very informative Tweets about writing and ebooks, some of which I relay back here in the News and Commentary section. I do not own or have ever used other Social Media stuff like Facebook and Myspace, so i can't comment on them.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #33
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For those who twitter, or more for those who think twittering is ridiculous.

http://crackberry.com/twouble-twitter-and-tweeting
Old 04-22-2009, 06:46 PM   #34
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
For those who twitter, or more for those who think twittering is ridiculous.

http://crackberry.com/twouble-twitter-and-tweeting
Geographical Restriction Strikes Again!

This video is no longer avallable in your country.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #35
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I do have a facebook account - I mostly use it to find out what's going on when another forum I frequent is down. As that hasn't happened for a while, I've not really used it for a while!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #36
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Geographical Restriction Strikes Again!

This video is no longer avallable in your country.
Try this link from you tube. It looks like the same video

The Twouble with Twitter and Tweeting :-)
Old 04-22-2009, 06:53 PM   #37
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Try this link from you tube. It looks like the same video

The Twouble with Twitter and Tweeting :-)
Still no joy! But it's here on http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...h-twitter_tech and very funny
Old 04-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #38
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
I have signed up, added a few people but I'm not using. Accessing it and finding hundreds of tweets to be read just made me quit instantly.
I am on Twitter, but do not "follow" many. Thus, I don't deal with hundreds of tweets. If you're ever inclined to try again, Over, you might want to consider something like Tweetdeck, which allows you to group and filter and apparently make the crowd-conversation more manageable. I personally don't use it, not following enough people to warrant it, but it (and other such programs) seems to be popular with those who are heavy users of Twitter.

For me, I get Twitter notices using a Firefox add-on which shows them via a small icon in the status bar, and via an iPod Touch/iPhone app (whose name I can't remember at the moment) which I usually look at in bed at night.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #39
Moejoe
Banned

I use Nambu on OSX, it has grouping and GROWL notifications, pretty neat little app for a beta
Old 04-23-2009, 05:58 AM   #40
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Well said, my sentiments exactly!
Quote:
No, I don't want to, never felt the need... Neither for any of those social sites, in fact...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:03 AM   #41
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
OK, OK, ...

Almost...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:06 AM   #42
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
OK, OK, ...

<snip>

Almost...

If I want twitter on my phone, do I also get a new phone if I subscribe?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:24 AM   #43
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11.
There's some useful stuff on Twitter; I kinda lost interest after a while though, and just go on from time to time now..
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #44
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
OK, OK, ...

Almost...

You might have resisted this time, but dark side does not give up so easily
=X=
Old 04-23-2009, 08:55 AM   #45
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:

You might have resisted this time, but dark side does not give up so easily
=X=
No, we don't.

But at least we have cookies.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote