Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-25-2023, 12:45 PM   #31
jonathan2022
Connoisseur
jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
Try the send to kindle web version
jonathan2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 12:47 PM   #32
jonathan2022
Connoisseur
jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Maybe send to kindle requests are handled by multiple servers and not all servers are running the latest software.
I don't think the going back and forth between them stopping and then supporting helps. Like you say some might support epub some might mot
Advert
Old 09-25-2023, 12:49 PM   #33
jonathan2022
Connoisseur

For ne it seems to bounce back the least using kindle for web and app version on phone
Old 09-25-2023, 12:56 PM   #34
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
The Web version of Send To Kindle also failed with the same error email. As I mentioned, I do experimentally seem able to continue sending books using the DOCX format. But that does not seem to supply the cover picture but just results in a generic icon with a scripted "K" as the icon graphic. Would any of the other formats send the cover as well while allowing on-Kindle font changes and other thematic manipulations? Wow, this does suck. I am hoping that epub will simply start working again.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 08:44 PM   #35
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The Web version of Send To Kindle also failed with the same error email. As I mentioned, I do experimentally seem able to continue sending books using the DOCX format. But that does not seem to supply the cover picture but just results in a generic icon with a scripted "K" as the icon graphic. Would any of the other formats send the cover as well while allowing on-Kindle font changes and other thematic manipulations? Wow, this does suck. I am hoping that epub will simply start working again.
There could be an issue with the specific ePub file. You can check for issues using calibre's Edit (or epubcheck plugin). Or Kindle Previewer 3.

The error messages from the service are rarely specific enough to tell you what the problem is.

Last edited by tomsem; 09-26-2023 at 12:51 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2023, 02:08 AM   #36
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I have just discovered that Send To Kindle PDFs are now getting converted to Print Replica KFX for the Kindle Android, iOS and the just-launched new macOS apps, just as Scribe has been getting since it launched. So you can now annotate them, and the annotations and reading position sync. PDF bookmarks are converted to a nice ToC for navigation.

Weirdly, on iOS (and the new Kindle for Mac), the thumbnail changes from 'PDF' to 'DOC' once it is downloaded. It would be nice if it generated thumbnails from first page of the PDF, of course (if you generate Print Replica locally and side load, they have cover thumbnails).

For Kindles they still download as PDF, and without any annotation sync.

Probably this began when the ePub->KFX conversion began.

Last edited by tomsem; 09-26-2023 at 02:15 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 02:45 AM   #37
MMM2
MMM2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, I have a few questions regarding this KFX conversion feature.

I'm in Japan, using Kindle PW (11gen) with the latest firmware.

I've checked and confirmed that I get KFX now sending epub and it happend to me two days ago, but it happens with only English books, not the Japanese ones. (They are still azw3.) Does anyone have any idea why that is? They are epubs bought directly from Kobo (Rakuten books), and I've tried two or three books and they are still azw3 (a 3x3 grid of dots is grayed out). Actually as long as I get bold text I'm okay so I don't mind, but I do wonder why the Japanese books can't be converted to KFX, and I'm a little bit worried if azw3 won't be supported anymore in the future. (If that won't happen then I'm content!)

One more question; when does this conversion happen? While sending epubs to cloud, or downloading them? I'm asking this because I sent several times to check if I get KFX, but I wonder if a book is once in the cloud then re-downloading is enough (is that when the conversion happens?)?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by MMM2; 09-27-2023 at 03:08 AM.
MMM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 02:57 AM   #38
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2022 View Post
... Please everyone update this post as kfx gets enabled for you
KFX is now enabled for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I tried today to send a few epub books as I always do to my Kindle library. It did not work. I was using Send to Kindle on my Mac ... Is epub working for other Mac owners on the Send to Kindle program or Send-to-Kindle web interface? If so why might it have stopped for me? I am very confused to say the least! Thanks.
I just sent an epub using Send to Kindle app on my Mac and it worked fine. Mysterious why it's not working for you.

Last edited by odamizu; 09-26-2023 at 03:02 AM.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 05:13 AM   #39
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
Doesn't seem to be global. I've done a quick test with 2 different epub files. One was send using email and the other using amazon.com/sendtokindle web app. Amazon.com account with country for digital content set to Serbia.

Books were delivered to Kindle for Android v8.85.0.100(1.3.296551.0) on mobile phone with Android 10 & also to Kindle PW5 with firmware v5.14.1.1. azw3 format was downloaded in both cases.
Today after Kindle for Android app was updated to v8.86.0.100(1.3.297625.0) newly sent epub downloaded as KFX pdoc.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 06:54 AM   #40
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, it looks like Send to Kindle backend now converts to KFX format books in languages that aren't officially supported (by Kindle Direct Publishing) and that Kindle Previewer wouldn't convert.
I've tested a book in croatian and a book in serbian language.

Croatia epub contains only '<dc:language>hr<\dc:language>' in.opf file, and no 'xml:lang' attributes inside HTML files.
Serbian epub has '<dc:language>sr<\dc:language>' and every paragraph has 'xml:lang="sh-RS" attribute ( that would be older "serbo-croatian" variant instead of the newer and correct value of "sr-RS").
Old 09-26-2023, 07:04 AM   #41
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
I received a KFX doc just now.

Is there any notable difference for non-Scribe devices?

Also, has anyone tested if they had to resend their doc to have the KFX version, or is re-downloading enough?
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 07:10 AM   #42
shamanNS
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hleo12 View Post
Also, has anyone tested if they had to resend their doc to have the KFX version, or is re-downloading enough?
Re-download for a book I've sent a month ago now downloads as KFX. For a book in english language.
Old 09-26-2023, 07:19 AM   #43
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
Re-download for a book I've sent a month ago now downloads as KFX. For a book in english language.
Oh rip... This is bad. Negative margins won't work with the new format since I only tagged them as KF8 in CSS.

I tested a new book and it seems negative margins also don't work, even with the KFX tag.

To anyone who knows, am I supposed to be using a different tag?

Edit: I also downloaded an old doc I sent months ago and it's also in KFX now. RIP my margins...
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 07:37 AM   #44
jonathan2022
Connoisseur

Just updated android today now get kfx downloads
Old 09-26-2023, 08:09 AM   #45
dedeca
Enthusiast
dedeca is on a distinguished road

Device: PW3 and PW5
Now working here! Receiving KFX for personal documents. I'm really happy with this change.

Last edited by dedeca; 09-26-2023 at 08:22 AM.
dedeca is offline   Reply With Quote